Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
Unobtainium
Fabricator
 
Unobtainium's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Langdon, AB
Posts: 492
Looks good. Should haul!
__________________
Roto-fab CAI
Unobtainium Welding Exhaust
ARH LT's
393whp L99
GPI VVT Turbo Cam-in
Twin Mini's...soon
Permagrin...Always
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #27
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
What heads are you going to run? and how fast are you wanting to run?
Going to run stock casting LSA heads untill I have lifting issues. I think ill be fine untill I go over 1200rwhp.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #28
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,143
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
Intercooler mount finished.
Attached Images
 
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended
 
Drives: ls3 camaro
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: computer
Posts: 392
i look forward to see those dyno numbers with that big arse turbo.
great project!
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #31
akCamaross
 
akCamaross's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Huntingtown, Maryland
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Going to hide the fuse box, harness and abs box while im at it.
What rims do you have?
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS - SIM - M6 + Mods haha
akCamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #32
Genevieve
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. louis
Posts: 160
Looks to be a pretty killer recipe. I will be watching this one come together. Anymore specs on the motor? Talk to skinnies, I am sure he can help you route the piping to keep that AC. Street car's love AC.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #33
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by akCamaross View Post
What rims do you have?
Right now Forgestar CF5's

Engine is a AES 370ci 6.0 gen 4 block
Callies dragonslayer crank
Callies billet I beam rods
Diamond flat top pistons
stock gm LSA heads
LS9 head gaskets
ARP head studs
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #34
Jchaluja

 
Jchaluja's Avatar
 
Drives: Twin Turbo Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,270
Stupid question, will the th400 run out of gear if you race further than 1/4 mile? Say, a half mile race?
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #35
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey
 
Drives: TT/SS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between 10 and 20 PSI
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Right now Forgestar CF5's

Engine is a AES 370ci 6.0 gen 4 block
Callies dragonslayer crank
Callies billet I beam rods
Diamond flat top pistons
stock gm LSA heads
LS9 head gaskets
ARP head studs
right now as in you plan on getting rid of them? If so let me know I may be interested in them.
__________________
Futral Motorsports built and tuned
CyberPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #36
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaluja View Post
Stupid question, will the th400 run out of gear if you race further than 1/4 mile? Say, a half mile race?
With a 28" tire and a 3.45 gear your looking at around 165mph around 6800 rpm. So it really depends on how fast you plan on going.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #37
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö
 
Detoxx03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Right now Forgestar CF5's

Engine is a AES 370ci 6.0 gen 4 block
Callies dragonslayer crank
Callies billet I beam rods
Diamond flat top pistons
stock gm LSA heads
LS9 head gaskets
ARP head studs
What compression are you shooting for?
__________________

D1SC Procharger 780/661
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #38
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
right now as in you plan on getting rid of them? If so let me know I may be interested in them.
The ones in my sig I sold with my orange car I had for a while. I have another set coming from Forgestar that should show up any time that I will be selling with tires for $2700.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #39
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
What compression are you shooting for?
10:5- 10:8
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #40
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
I am going to run a 28" tire and 3.25 gear. Will work perfect for what I am wanting.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #41
ShaneH
 
Drives: 09 pontiac g8
Join Date: May 2010
Location: STL area
Posts: 62
badass man
__________________
Procharged G8 -10.55@134.3 1.60

ShaneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #42
MANNYS2SS/RS

 
MANNYS2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,142
AWESOME BUILD!!!!
__________________

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #43
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Going to run stock casting LSA heads untill I have lifting issues. I think ill be fine untill I go over 1200rwhp.
What kind of boost are you looking for? Boost more than the actaul power level will lift the heads as you will need to look at the heads closely for seapage as Im guessing at that power level its going to take alot of boost. I have 6 bolt heads and lifted them earlier this year but new gaskets and retorqueing them fixed the issue but this is still on a lower boost tune of 26lbs. My intake setup is similar as well and you can split the elbow in half and weld a piece of sheetmetal to split the airflow in half to help with airflow from front and back cylinders unless you have software that allows you to tune each individual cylinder for air and fuel. I am running the Holley Dominator EFI software and I can adjust each cylinder to exact specs and make sure each spark plug reads identical.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #44
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
What kind of boost are you looking for? Boost more than the actaul power level will lift the heads as you will need to look at the heads closely for seapage as Im guessing at that power level its going to take alot of boost. I have 6 bolt heads and lifted them earlier this year but new gaskets and retorqueing them fixed the issue but this is still on a lower boost tune of 26lbs. My intake setup is similar as well and you can split the elbow in half and weld a piece of sheetmetal to split the airflow in half to help with airflow from front and back cylinders unless you have software that allows you to tune each individual cylinder for air and fuel. I am running the Holley Dominator EFI software and I can adjust each cylinder to exact specs and make sure each spark plug reads identical.
I am going to run about 25lbs of boost but at the compression I am at and on E85 its a little easier to make big power on less boost. My last combo was a completely stock 6.0 LQ9 shortblock, stock ls3 heads, LS9 cam and on 22lbs it was 1,100hp. On my edelbrock elbow its already split inside..? I have been reading that they always were not split so I find it interesting mine is. I had good luck on my last setup not pushing water. LS9 gaskets, copper coat, tq to 85ftlbs, heat up the car and re-tq. Its crazy how much they suck down once the motor is ran and warm.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #45
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
I am going to run about 25lbs of boost but at the compression I am at and on E85 its a little easier to make big power on less boost. My last combo was a completely stock 6.0 LQ9 shortblock, stock ls3 heads, LS9 cam and on 22lbs it was 1,100hp. On my edelbrock elbow its already split inside..? I have been reading that they always were not split so I find it interesting mine is. I had good luck on my last setup not pushing water. LS9 gaskets, copper coat, tq to 85ftlbs, heat up the car and re-tq. Its crazy how much they suck down once the motor is ran and warm.
Sounds like you have a good game plan and good luck with everything as thats a sweet setup. The elbows need to be split as it helps even the airflow to all the cylinders from front to back.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #46
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
I just looked through your build jrpxxii, what rear control arms are you running for the 15" wheels? Nice car btw!
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #47
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
I just looked through your build jrpxxii, what rear control arms are you running for the 15" wheels? Nice car btw!
Thanks I am running the Xtreme Innovations & Fabrication 15" conversion kit as this is a complete kit that includes everything needed to run 15" properly. Craig at Xtreme did my cage and front K member and suspension as well as this guy knows his stuff and makes everything personally at his shop and it is all direct bolt in parts.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 620
Thanks for the info...btw I posted a pic of your car on my fb page..its getting some likes!
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #49
Sean@Phastek
PhastekPerformance.com

 
Sean@Phastek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 593
Killer build. Can't wait to see it in action at TX2K13!!
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #50
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Thanks for the info...btw I posted a pic of your car on my fb page..its getting some likes!
How do i find u on facebook
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.