Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #2493
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Thanks for the link. I always like reading up on stuff. Technically mine is not really an ACOG it just looks like it. For the price and quality of it I love it.

http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...prod27371.aspx

Ok, whew, I thought I was losing it. My brother in law has the same optic and he found a riser somewhere that raised it up enough so the front sight post wasn't filling his view. There are companies out there that make various height risers and with a little math work, you could figure out how high you needed to get the witness you want.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #2494
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
75ft .223 AR-15 from the shoulder. 70 rounds.
I think you kilt him

Love to see those torn up target pics
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #2495
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Got a carbine length set of quadrails a for Christmas today. These will do for now not my original plan, but I better use them for a little bit I think.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #2496
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Ok, whew, I thought I was losing it. My brother in law has the same optic and he found a riser somewhere that raised it up enough so the front sight post wasn't filling his view. There are companies out there that make various height risers and with a little math work, you could figure out how high you needed to get the witness you want.
I actually got lucky. I set my iron sights then used my iron sights to set the scope. Works great!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #2497
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Got a carbine length set of quadrails a for Christmas today. These will do for now not my original plan, but I better use them for a little bit I think.
or the woman might use then AR on you! well at least it's kinda what you wanted or talk to her and exchange it before you put it on. I am assuming your lady bought it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I think you kilt him

Love to see those torn up target pics
Nahhh lol

Last edited by CHMSC; 12-16-2012 at 10:25 PM.
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #2498
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
Just picked this up. Has crimson trace built into the hand grip. Can't wait to shoot it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Congrats Pete...I've got the Stainless Pro TLE II with the Crimson Trace grip. Enjoy!

Broke in my two newest at the range today.
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #2499
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Nice guns!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #2500
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
who made the quad rail?
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #2501
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Congrats Pete...I've got the Stainless Pro TLE II with the Crimson Trace grip. Enjoy!

How do you like the Zombie Killer wheel gun? Sorry, that's just what came to mind first time I saw it..... The lower barrel center line seems like a good idea to reduce barrel rise. Did it work?

Shot the R.I. yesterday. Pisst me off.

Pisst me off because it shot better than a pistol costing twice as much! It does have the longer barrel though, it's all good.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #2502
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
or the woman might use then AR on you! well at least it's kinda what you wanted or talk to her and exchange it before you put it on. I am assuming your lady bought it for you
Brother got it for me. It will do for now. Put it on last night, everything feels pretty tight. My wife won't take the time of day to learn my AR. She said if she needs to shoot me, she will just get her shotgun out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
who made the quad rail?
Believe it was a UTG. Christmas spending limit was 50 bucks for each other, unless he got it for sale, I think he went over.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #2503
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Nice guns!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
How do you like the Zombie Killer wheel gun? Sorry, that's just what came to mind first time I saw it..... The lower barrel center line seems like a good idea to reduce barrel rise. Did it work?
I'm typically not a big revolver guy, but the tech behind this gun is awesome (and it looks so cool). It was my wife's first time ever shooting, so we shot .38 specials all day. It felt like a pea shooter, with very little recoil and virtually no muzzle flip. Can't wait to go out and put some magnums through it.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #2504
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post

Russ, who makes that?

showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #2505
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
Russ, who makes that?

The revolver is made by an italian company named Chiappa. They're not very well known here, but started out making antique replica guns. The Rhino is a completely new design for a revolver, and is the model that's getting them noticed in the US.

The auto is the new FN FNX-45 Tactical. I already had its predecessor (the FNP-45 Tactical), but they made some small improvements with this one. I happen to stumble across the FNX at a gun show, and looked on Gunbroker to see what they were going for. They are very hard to find, and then I noticed that my FNP was going for more than I could buy the FNX for. I snatched up the new one, and sold my old one on Gunbroker for more than I paid!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #2506
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Brother got it for me. It will do for now. Put it on last night, everything feels pretty tight. My wife won't take the time of day to learn my AR. She said if she needs to shoot me, she will just get her shotgun out.

Believe it was a UTG. Christmas spending limit was 50 bucks for each other, unless he got it for sale, I think he went over.
Oh snap sounds like you should keep her happy lol good deal it should be a nice piece. That's what I was going to do for price sale but I said screw it and went all out.

Tags
camaro gun