Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
Free AMSOIL Products

Hey Guys, this offer is open to everyone and is virtually unlimited. I'm trying to promote my site www.fastracecars.com. All you have to do to get free AMSOIL is upload some car pictures that meet the following guidelines:
  • Images should be approximately 1280 x 960 or higher resolution (original images preferred)
  • Image file type should be .jpg (JPEG)
  • No watermarks
  • Image file size at minimum recommended resolution should typically be at least 200KB or larger
  • No Copyrighted images will be accepted (please do not steal and submit other people's work)
Each approved picture currently earns $2 towards the purchase of AMSOIL at my AMSOIL dealer website. 50 pics = $100 of free oil/filters/etc.

FastRaceCars is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,601
First off, thanks! Awesome to see stuff like this coming from a member!

I noticed that email address is required... am I going to get a lot of emails from you guys?
__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
The email address is required only to track how much money you have earned. You will get an email for each image that is approved, although I should probably make that an optional checkbox. You can also go to http://www.fastracecars.com/check-my-earnings.html to check your earnings at any time by entering your email address. So, other than those 'approved image' emails, you won't receive any email. The goal of the site is to just be an awesome picture/video "car guy" site for people to enjoy. The ads on the site help pay for the server costs, and allow me to give back to the users. The more popular the site gets, the more stuff I'll be giving away.
FastRaceCars is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
Green2SS/RS
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pasadena MD
Posts: 48
What about boat pics or do you only want cars?
Green2SS/RS is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
zkdreads


 
zkdreads's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,784
why do they need pictures, are they going to use picture for promotional/adviertising gains? if so my pictures are worth more then $2
__________________
C-LO or Sonic
"Without Struggle there is no progress"
I am your best nightmare!
zkdreads is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green2SS/RS View Post
What about boat pics or do you only want cars?
How many boat pictures do you have? I would like to have 10 or more before creating a new category. If you have 10 or more, go ahead and upload them.
FastRaceCars is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
rberns


 
rberns's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
why do they need pictures, are they going to use picture for promotional/adviertising gains?
Agreed. I think I will just
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
why do they need pictures, are they going to use picture for promotional/adviertising gains? if so my pictures are worth more then $2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Agreed. I think I will just
Seriously? It's an image gallery. Image galleries need pictures. The $2 is a very generous gift for amateur photos of cars. I'm all ears if you know of another website on the internet that would pay you even 2 cents for amateur car photos? In case you missed it, this is the pay it forward and free give aways section. Please don't post negative comments or try to deter other users just because of your own paranoia. That is extremely rude when someone is donating free stuff at their own expense.
FastRaceCars is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Green2SS/RS
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pasadena MD
Posts: 48
I can get ten pics of my boat, I'll upload the and let you look.
Green2SS/RS is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
wholloway6
 
wholloway6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tomball, Tx
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
why do they need pictures, are they going to use picture for promotional/adviertising gains? if so my pictures are worth more then $2
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Agreed. I think I will just
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRaceCars View Post
Seriously? It's an image gallery. Image galleries need pictures. The $2 is a very generous gift for amateur photos of cars. I'm all ears if you know of another website on the internet that would pay you even 2 cents for amateur car photos? In case you missed it, this is the pay it forward and free give aways section. Please don't post negative comments or try to deter other users just because of your own paranoia. That is extremely rude when someone is donating free stuff at their own expense.
Rude much? I would imagine your post is more likely to deter than the previous posts... Just a thought
wholloway6 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
73vette

 
73vette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, 1973 Corvette
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 785
If you look at his website, it has.... PICTURES.... OF CARS!!! Just like he says. He wants pictures of nice cars to attract people to his site to increase traffic and possible sales. $2 for e-mailing your pictures you already have sitting on your computer sounds pretty generous.. just sayin.
__________________
73vette is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #12
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73vette View Post
If you look at his website, it has.... PICTURES.... OF CARS!!! Just like he says. He wants pictures of nice cars to attract people to his site to increase traffic and possible sales. $2 for e-mailing your pictures you already have sitting on your computer sounds pretty generous.. just sayin.
And, don't forget about the profit sharing possibility also. December's total profit sharing up for grabs was $109. Details on how the money is payed out is available on the site (look for Revenue/Profit sharing link near the bottom of the page). Each person that has uploaded pictures is eligible, and you receive a percentage of the profit sharing based upon how many approved pictures you've uploaded. For example, there are 1237 pictures currently on the site. If half of those were "yours", you would have received half of the $109 (or $54.50). Keep in mind your "percentage" needs to equate to at least $1 to receive payment for a given month.
FastRaceCars is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
hysonmb
 
hysonmb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS / RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 215
I think this is a pretty cool idea and since I've posted pics of my car all over the place for free anyway, might as well put them to work, especially since I've done my final oil change with the dealership and will be going with Amsoil next time!
hysonmb is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
Mouse6.2
 
Mouse6.2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 321
Hey guys, this is a promotion from FastRaceCars. I don't think it has any connection to AMSOIL so there shouldn't be any confusion. He is the one offering the free AMSOIL, not AMSOIL Inc.
Mouse6.2 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #15
UNRIVALED SS
 
UNRIVALED SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 337
Send a message via Yahoo to UNRIVALED SS
This has my support !
UNRIVALED SS is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #16
hysonmb
 
hysonmb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS / RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
Hey guys, this is a promotion from FastRaceCars. I don't think it has any connection to AMSOIL so there shouldn't be any confusion. He is the one offering the free AMSOIL, not AMSOIL Inc.
I have no issue with that. It's a good way to get some pics for the site while offering a benefit to those who support it.
hysonmb is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke
 
jonpro2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Davie
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRaceCars View Post
Hey Guys, this offer is open to everyone and is virtually unlimited. I'm trying to promote my site www.fastracecars.com. All you have to do to get free AMSOIL is upload some car pictures that meet the following guidelines:
  • Images should be approximately 1280 x 960 or higher resolution (original images preferred)
  • Image file type should be .jpg (JPEG)
  • No watermarks
  • Image file size at minimum recommended resolution should typically be at least 200KB or larger
  • No Copyrighted images will be accepted (please do not steal and submit other people's work)
Each approved picture currently earns $2 towards the purchase of AMSOIL at my AMSOIL dealer website. 50 pics = $100 of free oil/filters/etc.

whats the email i should send pictures too?
__________________
jonpro2000 is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpro2000 View Post
whats the email i should send pictures too?
Just go to the site and click on the link at the top thats says 'Upload'. From there, you can browse your computer and select the images you want to upload.
FastRaceCars is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke
 
jonpro2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Davie
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRaceCars View Post
Just go to the site and click on the link at the top thats says 'Upload'. From there, you can browse your computer and select the images you want to upload.
sweet thanks ill do that shortly!
__________________
jonpro2000 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #20
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke
 
jonpro2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Davie
Posts: 119
Hey i just submitted my photos i clicked upload but they all disapered so im not sure if they uploaded?
__________________
jonpro2000 is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence
 
PAUL SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smallest State in the Union
Posts: 8,442
You will get an email letting you know if they were accepted or not.
__________________
BMR, CAI, DynoMax, Elite Eng., Hurst, Jannetty, Clear Image Headers & Hi Flow cats, Jet Hot, LSR, TSW, Vredestein
PAUL SS is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #22
newb

 
newb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hawaii
Posts: 1,089
For the sake of information sharing and helping people make an informed decision...

Disclaimer: I am by no means trying to discourage anyone from participating. That is not my intent.

Be advised that by submitting your photos for payment with no copyright or watermark you are transferring ownership and all legal rights to that photo to the website. That site then has the right to do whatever they want with said photos. This is different from "sharing" photos in a forum or facebook in that you have given that site limited use rights to your photo when you share it.

Just know that if the photo gallery deal doesn't work as planned (i.e. fails to make money for the host) he has the right to use all uploaded photos as he sees fit since he legally purchased the photos and all legal rights to them from you. If he goes on to make billions using a shot of your car (far fetched and completely unlikely but for the sake of arguement lets pretend for a moment) you have zero legal recourse to get any of the money. Much like selling a painting at a yard sale for $2 that turns out to be priceless.
__________________
Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
For the sake of information sharing and helping people make an informed decision...

Disclaimer: I am by no means trying to discourage anyone from participating. That is not my intent.

Be advised that by submitting your photos for payment with no copyright or watermark you are transferring ownership and all legal rights to that photo to the website. That site then has the right to do whatever they want with said photos. This is different from "sharing" photos in a forum or facebook in that you have given that site limited use rights to your photo when you share it.

Just know that if the photo gallery deal doesn't work as planned (i.e. fails to make money for the host) he has the right to use all uploaded photos as he sees fit since he legally purchased the photos and all legal rights to them from you. If he goes on to make billions using a shot of your car (far fetched and completely unlikely but for the sake of arguement lets pretend for a moment) you have zero legal recourse to get any of the money. Much like selling a painting at a yard sale for $2 that turns out to be priceless.

Thanks for posting this. The person who owns/uploaded the pictures can use them as they see fit and upload to as many sites as they want. That being said, I do reserve the right to use the pictures as I see fit also.

There are other royalty-based photo sharing sites for photographers where you have to agree to not publish the picture anywhere else, etc. However, my site is not one of them, and I do not sell the pictures. They are resized, watermarked with the website name, and displayed on the site for others to enjoy.

The site makes money from people clicking on the google ads just like millions of other sites out there. What seperates my site from others is that I'm giving back most of it to the community that makes the site grow (i.e. anyone that uploads pictures).

Advertisers spend billions of dollars per year, and popular sites like Facebook, etc. cash in on this without giving any of it back to the people that make them wealthy. I've never been able to find any popular website that shares their success in a meaningful way with the people/users that made them successful. Even the sites that do share a little bit think they are doing you a favor by giving you a tiny percentage of what your "content" ultimately earns them and that really frustrates me.

If anyone thinks their pictures are worth lots of money, I'd highly recommend not uploading them to any website. Otherwise, uploading them to my website is the best deal on the internet that I know of by a long shot. In December, $109.98 was paid out in profit sharing across roughly 1,250 pictures. Each picture on the site was worth roughly 11.3 cents that month. If you had 9-10 or more pictures on the site (under 1 email address), you would have received a payment. Hope this helps.

If anyone still has questions, please feel free to ask here. I will do my best to answer anything I can.
FastRaceCars is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #24
newb

 
newb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hawaii
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRaceCars View Post
Thanks for posting this. The person who owns/uploaded the pictures can use them as they see fit and upload to as many sites as they want. That being said, I do reserve the right to use the pictures as I see fit also.

There are other royalty-based photo sharing sites for photographers where you have to agree to not publish the picture anywhere else, etc. However, my site is not one of them, and I do not sell the pictures. They are resized, watermarked with the website name, and displayed on the site for others to enjoy.

The site makes money from people clicking on the google ads just like millions of other sites out there. What seperates my site from others is that I'm giving back most of it to the community that makes the site grow (i.e. anyone that uploads pictures).

Advertisers spend billions of dollars per year, and popular sites like Facebook, etc. cash in on this without giving any of it back to the people that make them wealthy. I've never been able to find any popular website that shares their success in a meaningful way with the people/users that made them successful. Even the sites that do share a little bit think they are doing you a favor by giving you a tiny percentage of what your "content" ultimately earns them and that really frustrates me.

If anyone thinks their pictures are worth lots of money, I'd highly recommend not uploading them to any website. Otherwise, uploading them to my website is the best deal on the internet that I know of by a long shot. In December, $109.98 was paid out in profit sharing across roughly 1,250 pictures. Each picture on the site was worth roughly 11.3 cents that month. If you had 9-10 or more pictures on the site (under 1 email address), you would have received a payment. Hope this helps.

If anyone still has questions, please feel free to ask here. I will do my best to answer anything I can.
Thank you for not being offended. In reality my post helps you as well as anyone who uploads. Information can prevent a lot of hassle later for all involved.
__________________
Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #25
FastRaceCars
Drag Racer
 
FastRaceCars's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bridgeport, WV
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpro2000 View Post
Hey i just submitted my photos i clicked upload but they all disapered so im not sure if they uploaded?
Hi, yes they did upload successfully. However, they did not meet the minimum requirements outlined at the top of this thread (resolution was too low and/or they had watermarks). The pictures themselves were fine otherwise. Can you get more pictures with a little higher resolution and no watermarks?
FastRaceCars is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.