Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 12-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
jydenwr

Drives: 2012 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 (BLACK)
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

I added the ZL1 Exhaust commander about 4 months ago. Now my engine light is on. I called OnStar and have them run an on-demand diagnostic. They said it has to do with the exhaust system. I use my exhaust commander a lot unless I'm traveling on the highway but in town I've used it constantly. Am I using it too much? Anyone?
jydenwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Should not throw any code or check engine lights from this...return to stock and take to the dealer or leave it take to autozone and have them scan for codes and let us know what they find. Someone will chime in with the codes and what to do.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
gmgdave

Drives: 12 ZL1 & 08 Suzuki Boulevard C50
I have the very first Exhaust Commander and it has been installed since April 3012. No issues and no lights. Since the the Exhaust Commander only controls the values I would like to know what the valves could throw as a code. Have someone read the code and get a clearer idea of the actual problem.
2012 ZL1 - #413 - IOM - Mods; Exhaust Commander. GMG Third Brake Light Pulsar, Tinted Windows, color matched Engine cover, ZL1 Floor Mats
gmgdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Nailn it

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray / Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmgdave View Post
I have the very first Exhaust Commander and it has been installed since April 3012. No issues and no lights. Since the the Exhaust Commander only controls the values I would like to know what the valves could throw as a code. Have someone read the code and get a clearer idea of the actual problem.
I've been getting exhaust codes, but mine say the o2 sensors are taking too long to respond. I suspect the long tube headers delay the signal, never had any codes from my exhaust comander. Did you do any other mods?
Nailn it is offline   Reply With Quote