Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
11BEE
11 BEE
 
Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 737
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION WEIGHT LOSS THREAD 2013

Over the last two year Becky and BossBunny started threads to motivate those on C5 who wanted to lose weight but did not want to do it alone! Since it is a new year and a new start for many lets all join together in a new thread!! This is the place for you if you are ready to start your weight loss journey or continue your existing one.!

Over the last year I have lurked in the thread while posting some, but I was not as active as I should have been. I want to thank everyone who posted there and proudly announce you helped me reach a total loss of 89 pounds over the course of the year. At 44 years old it is hard to change habits. Eating less and moving more were foreign to me, but that is how I reached my goal. I am not finished yet, but the thread in 2012 really motivated me.

Adamz has challenged a new thread to be started, so here it is.

This year my goal is to loose another 30 pounds, 2 more pant sizes and to ride 5000 miles on my bike. By starting this thread you have my commitment to be more involved and to reach my goal.

Give us a little back ground about yourself, where you are and where you want to be!
__________________

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,658
It's great to hear that you've done well and are commited to continue. Once you've made the lifestyle changes it becomes easier, if you thought it was hard at 44 wait til you're my age LOL.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 11,817
90 lbs is pretty legit congrats.


Alright I am pretty well known here for my crazy comments and uniqueness I believe. I have always been very athletic, fit, and confident. Graduated the police academy at 175 lbs with a nice 8 pac, I could run without ever needing to stop, did a 15 mile run once a week in the academy with no problems. A year ago something personal happened which killed any motivation I had to get up and keep working out. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Currently I am 22 5'10 215 lbs. My current job I sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing except eat snacks throughout my 3rd shifts. I also work 24/7/365 which is very hard. All that while still being a full time student. I am a very confident person until I think about my weight. I feel disgusting when I look in the mirror. I feel I do not look good enough for my beautiful girlfriend. This year I would like to get back to my happy self at 175 lbs and be able to run my 15 miles again without issue. Right now I fear I am on a deadly path and that needs to change. So this year my goal is 40 lbs.

Last edited by AdamZ; 12-25-2012 at 08:52 AM.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
90 lbs is pretty legit congrats.


Alright I am pretty well known here for my crazy comments and uniqueness I believe. I have always been very athletic, fit, and confident. Graduated the police academy at 175 lbs with a nice 8 pac, I could run without ever needing to stop, did a 15 mile run once a week in the academy with no problems. A year ago something personal happened which killed any motivation I had to get up and keep working out. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Currently I am 5'10 215 lbs. My current job I sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing except eat snacks throughout my 3rd shifts. I also work 24/7/365 which is very hard. All that while still being a full time student. I am a very confident person until I think about my weight. I feel disgusting when I look in the mirror. I feel I do not look good enough for my beautiful girlfriend. This year I would like to get back to my happy self at 175 lbs and be able to run my 15 miles again without issue. Right now I fear I am on a deadly path and that needs to change. So this year my goal is 40 lbs.

Very reasonable goals and good reasons to stay motivated. Posting here will help you stay accountable and there is much info and support here to help.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....
 
Ladybugsmom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 6,484
I have recently lost a bunch of weight, although I haven't weighed myself, so I have no idea how much. I only know that I've gone from a size 10 to a size 4 in a matter of months. Most of it was due to stress. My goal in the new year is to balance the stress (maybe the divorce will go quickly - pray for me) and maintain this size, while firming up. At 45 years old, I think those are fair goals
__________________
High Heels and Fast Wheels!!
Ladybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I have recently lost a bunch of weight, although I haven't weighed myself, so I have no idea how much. I only know that I've gone from a size 10 to a size 4 in a matter of months. Most of it was due to stress. My goal in the new year is to balance the stress (maybe the divorce will go quickly - pray for me) and maintain this size, while firming up. At 45 years old, I think those are fair goals

I don't usually correct people on their choice of words but feel compelled to do it here. "45 years young" LOL

They are very reasonable goals and I'm sure you will achieve them.

I'm praying for you LOL. Been there.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....
 
Ladybugsmom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 6,484
45 years young... gotcha!
__________________
High Heels and Fast Wheels!!
Ladybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray Z51-Ho-Vette
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 3,160
started last year at 280 lbs, now at 220. 20 more to lose this year
__________________

2015 Corvette Stingray Z51, 7 Speed, Competition Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges and Trim, Adrenaline Red Interior, Custom Stripes, Tint, Lowered on stock bolts, Z06 Grill, Z06 Splitter, Borla Exhaust (soon)
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
v6sonoma


 
v6sonoma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 8,083
I started a new job that has me sitting at a desk all day and it has not been good for my waist line. A battle I was loosing enough on my own! So for 2013 I'm committed to better health. I need to loose what I've gained and live healthy.
__________________

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
mr_honez
Wifey Lover
 
mr_honez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Posts: 1,334
Was at 242, now 198. I actually want to get back to 220 solid which was where I was up to 2008. At 44 years young myself so it's not as easy as it once was. Wifey wants to get to 135 but I keep telling her she's has some 'assets' and Spanish genetics precluding what her body will do. I like her the way she is anyway.
__________________
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
I have, with a lot of help over come alcoholism, drug addiction and even smoking. Those are three caged tigers in my life. I have ever only been able to be in shape by exercising like a freak (triathlons) which require a lot of time. The last time I weighed 215 I got there from 255! It took about 3 hours a day 6 days a week of running, swimming and biking. Problem was it also took about 4000 calories a day! Everyone asked how'd I loose 40 pounds in 11 weeks and my answer was you have to eat all the time.

During that time there was no fried foods or ice cream but everything else was fair game. So it was train and eat... train and eat. I really not only looked good but was in shape AND healthy.

That was over four years ago! I got a second job working at night and the training stopped. But you guessed it... the eating hasn't. I am now about 265. Problem is that is stretched out on a 6'2" frame. No one ever guesses me that heavy. There is a lot of muscle on that frame. But the fat that kills, the belly fat is ridiculous!

So I am looking for a way to cage this tiger called eating. Challenge with THIS addiction... abstaining is not an option. This is way more difficult. We have to not only cage this tiger but enter the cage several times a day!

I don't have a weight goal but fitting into my 34s again would be a great start! This post is a start.

"I can't... but we can!"


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #12
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,658
Good to see some new faces here. It's not easy but definately do-able. Everyone stick with it and it will come. If anyone needs advice or has any questions there are a bunch here that may be able to help.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
11BEE
11 BEE
 
Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kingwood, TX
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
90 lbs is pretty legit congrats.


Alright I am pretty well known here for my crazy comments and uniqueness I believe. I have always been very athletic, fit, and confident. Graduated the police academy at 175 lbs with a nice 8 pac, I could run without ever needing to stop, did a 15 mile run once a week in the academy with no problems. A year ago something personal happened which killed any motivation I had to get up and keep working out. Since then I have gained 40 lbs. Currently I am 22 5'10 215 lbs. My current job I sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing except eat snacks throughout my 3rd shifts. I also work 24/7/365 which is very hard. All that while still being a full time student. I am a very confident person until I think about my weight. I feel disgusting when I look in the mirror. I feel I do not look good enough for my beautiful girlfriend. This year I would like to get back to my happy self at 175 lbs and be able to run my 15 miles again without issue. Right now I fear I am on a deadly path and that needs to change. So this year my goal is 40 lbs.
Thanks. Diabetes and Liver Failure due to being over weight kicked me into gear. I know you can do it. It is amazing how fast your fitness will build back up. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I have recently lost a bunch of weight, although I haven't weighed myself, so I have no idea how much. I only know that I've gone from a size 10 to a size 4 in a matter of months. Most of it was due to stress. My goal in the new year is to balance the stress (maybe the divorce will go quickly - pray for me) and maintain this size, while firming up. At 45 years old, I think those are fair goals
45 Years YOUNG is right! Congratulations on the weight loss. I still struggle with over eating due to stress. When I get stressed I eat, you at least have the better end of that deal. I know you can turn that weight loss into a positive. Good luck on the divorce.


Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I started a new job that has me sitting at a desk all day and it has not been good for my waist line. A battle I was loosing enough on my own! So for 2013 I'm committed to better health. I need to loose what I've gained and live healthy.
Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Was at 242, now 198. I actually want to get back to 220 solid which was where I was up to 2008. At 44 years young myself so it's not as easy as it once was. Wifey wants to get to 135 but I keep telling her she's has some 'assets' and Spanish genetics precluding what her body will do. I like her the way she is anyway.
Good luck. My wife went from 190 to 145 during my weight loss. We are working at it together and have committed to a week trip to a over water bungalow when I can wear a 32 waist bathing suit, she can wear a size 4 bikini and we are willing to post photos of that. I figure we will be there in 6 months! Keep up the great work to both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I have, with a lot of help over come alcoholism, drug addiction and even smoking. Those are three caged tigers in my life. I have ever only been able to be in shape by exercising like a freak (triathlons) which require a lot of time. The last time I weighed 215 I got there from 255! It took about 3 hours a day 6 days a week of running, swimming and biking. Problem was it also took about 4000 calories a day! Everyone asked how'd I loose 40 pounds in 11 weeks and my answer was you have to eat all the time.

During that time there was no fried foods or ice cream but everything else was fair game. So it was train and eat... train and eat. I really not only looked good but was in shape AND healthy.

That was over four years ago! I got a second job working at night and the training stopped. But you guessed it... the eating hasn't. I am now about 265. Problem is that is stretched out on a 6'2" frame. No one ever guesses me that heavy. There is a lot of muscle on that frame. But the fat that kills, the belly fat is ridiculous!

So I am looking for a way to cage this tiger called eating. Challenge with THIS addiction... abstaining is not an option. This is way more difficult. We have to not only cage this tiger but enter the cage several times a day!

I don't have a weight goal but fitting into my 34s again would be a great start! This post is a start.

"I can't... but we can!"
I have the same over eating problem. I have started to eat 6 times a day in small portions. It really works! Good Luck!
__________________

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,658
Eating 5-6 well proportioned meals a day is the way to go. It helps keep your blood sugar steady and helps control cravings.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.