Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
DJ Grilles
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #1276
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Heritage Grill from Maureen/Becky, SS emblem from Phasetek and RS Halos and harness from Gen5DIY installed today and I have blood and gash marks to prove it. Only problem is that one of the headlamps doesn't work bit the Halo does. Ofer/Gen5 is going to send me a new ballast. He was INCREDIBLE at helping me through the wiring process. I was impatient because my wife was having 20 (that's TWENTY) kids to the house today at 1:30 so I was working with a clock deadline!!!

Thanks, ofer!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357176932.178172.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  212.9 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357176946.095165.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  241.4 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357176966.444641.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  233.4 KB


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #1277
Doglife1LE
 
Drives: 2004 Silverado
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 361
So I dropped off the 1LE at the dealer today to have the front splitter fixed. After taking a look at it they decided to order me a new one. So looks like I'm going to have to wait for the new one to arrive. On a more positive note I had a blast taking the canyon roads to and from the dealership. I love this damn car!
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=68095&dateline=135482  5744
Doglife1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #1278
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,131
What was wrong with your splitter?
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #1279
Doglife1LE
 
Drives: 2004 Silverado
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 361
There are some gaps on the passenger side and the end cap on the passenger side is not in properly. There are photos on one of the pages on this thread. I don't remember which one though. It's probably in my post history.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=68095&dateline=135482  5744
Doglife1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #1280
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,131
That sure does look like a very nice kit especially with the bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
So, I got the Clutch Reservoir installed (again, THANKS to TramTwo for forcing ... I mean ... Suggesting this) and my K&N CAI intake.

It was dark when I finished so no photos of the K&N ... plus once you've seen one you've nearly seem them all.

Here are some photos of the Clutch Reservoir. While it's said this is a simple mod, I will say it took a while to execute for a couple reasons.

First, I was trying to be meticulous not to spill the brake fluid anywhere given then paint corrosion warnings. In the process of doing this my turkey injector (yes, no more for Thanksgiving now) jammed on me and the grommet got all munged up. Luckily I didn't make too big of a mess.

Second, while I took the easy path and ordered a unit from JDP Motorsports, it didn't come with the right sized hose clamps so I had to go to the auto parts store which, luckily, was open on Jan 1. Having mentioned JDP, I do recommend their product since it comes with a convenient mounting bracket.

Third, I read someone's account on C5 that he used vice grips to remove the factory clamps. Well, my VGs are mammoth so I had to dork around the old fashioned way with pliers. That wasn't easy.

Frankly, removing the plastic cowl would have made maneuverability, especially toward the firewall, MUCH easier.

Fourth, it took me an hour to realize that JDP's included bracket should be installed LEFT of the brake reservoir mounting hole and not in the gap between the hole and the "rest". I didn't think there'd be enough thread on the brake reservoir screw and didn't try this until the very last moment. As you can see in the photos it worked great.

I hope this posting and these photos help the next guy that instals this. Yeah, I know this is supposed to be a simple mod but I think installing the CAI was way easier and more stress free ...
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #1281
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Heritage Grill from Maureen/Becky, SS emblem from Phasetek and RS Halos and harness from Gen5DIY installed today and I have blood and gash marks to prove it. Only problem is that one of the headlamps doesn't work bit the Halo does. Ofer/Gen5 is going to send me a new ballast. He was INCREDIBLE at helping me through the wiring process. I was impatient because my wife was having 20 (that's TWENTY) kids to the house today at 1:30 so I was working with a clock deadline!!!

Thanks, ofer!

Attachment 457938
Attachment 457939
Attachment 457940


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looking good, man! sorry to hear the light doesn't work. was taking the wheels off necessary to drop the bumper, or just more convenient? i need to look up front bumper removal soon
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #1282
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
looking good, man! sorry to hear the light doesn't work. was taking the wheels off necessary to drop the bumper, or just more convenient? i need to look up front bumper removal soon
Not necessary but completely suggested! There's a video here in the C-5 forum where guy did it without removing the wheels and he tells you, with video annotation, that you should try this with the wheels removed because it's much much much much much much easier.

Also with the wheel removed you can actually work on the headlights by sitting inside the wheel well and not having to remove the bumper so that's really convenient. I guess you could try that with the wheelwell liner removed but you don't have as much clearance.

Regardless you need to jack the car up and turn the wheels if you're not going to remove them otherwise you won't be able to reach inside there very well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #1283
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Does anyone know if our paint is clearcoated?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #1284
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Does anyone know if our paint is clearcoated?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The clear coat has tint added to it...

EDIT:
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #1285
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Not necessary but completely suggested! There's a video here in the C-5 forum where guy did it without removing the wheels and he tells you, with video annotation, that you should try this with the wheels removed because it's much much much much much much easier.

Also with the wheel removed you can actually work on the headlights by sitting inside the wheel well and not having to remove the bumper so that's really convenient. I guess you could try that with the wheelwell liner removed but you don't have as much clearance.

Regardless you need to jack the car up and turn the wheels if you're not going to remove them otherwise you won't be able to reach inside there very well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good dude!! You have the non RS styling cues which look killer on this car AND the HIDs and halos!! Score!!
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #1286
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Not necessary but completely suggested! There's a video here in the C-5 forum where guy did it without removing the wheels and he tells you, with video annotation, that you should try this with the wheels removed because it's much much much much much much easier.

Also with the wheel removed you can actually work on the headlights by sitting inside the wheel well and not having to remove the bumper so that's really convenient. I guess you could try that with the wheelwell liner removed but you don't have as much clearance.

Regardless you need to jack the car up and turn the wheels if you're not going to remove them otherwise you won't be able to reach inside there very well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357189321.175484.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  90.3 KB
Yeah...I managed cleaned the tires off a little with my head tho. Man that top-most 10mm is a b!tch...I might drop the wheels when it comes time to reinstall.

Ghosted sidemarkers are on the front now too. Was going to start the headlights, but need dinner instead. Guess ill start those after work tomorrow and look at how I want to wire them tonight.
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #1287
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Reservoir ordered! JDP customer service gets a thumbs up so far.


Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
Did you get the stage 1? Did they do better than $50 shipping for you when you called? I need to get on this...
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #1288
newb

 
newb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hawaii
Posts: 1,080
Yep! Got an email from them and we worked it out. Let them know your military and the shipping is right where it should be. Stage 1 was enough for me. Stage 2 adds a smaller reservoir to use for the brakes. More work than its worth to me. Paid via PayPal and got a tracking number 10 minutes later. They rock!
__________________
Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #1289
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Yep! Got an email from them and we worked it out. Let them know your military and the shipping is right where it should be. Stage 1 was enough for me. Stage 2 adds a smaller reservoir to use for the brakes. More work than its worth to me. Paid via PayPal and got a tracking number 10 minutes later. They rock!
Sweet. I'll email them tonight then, and that'll be next week's mod lol
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #1290
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,563
Damn Ozzy you don't have much room to operate.... extra points. Man the vendors here must love us.... damn shame none of them have shown up in this thread. We have spent THOUSANDS!! Oh well their loss. Mod on my brothers!
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #1291
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Damn Ozzy you don't have much room to operate.... extra points. Man the vendors here must love us.... damn shame none of them have shown up in this thread. We have spent THOUSANDS!! Oh well their loss. Mod on my brothers!
Yeah at least my roommate was out shopping with his wife tonight lol. I do alright with a lo-pro jack and a fan tho you're not kidding about the thousands thing, either...I need to knock that off for a while, at least until I get used to budgeting around a car payment again
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #1292
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Catch Can

Did anyone get theirs yet?

http://www.revxtreme.com/rx-catch-ca...le-check-valve
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #1293
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Attachment 458001
Yeah...I managed cleaned the tires off a little with my head tho. Man that top-most 10mm is a b!tch...I might drop the wheels when it comes time to reinstall.

Ghosted sidemarkers are on the front now too. Was going to start the headlights, but need dinner instead. Guess ill start those after work tomorrow and look at how I want to wire them tonight.
Stud. Doing that leaving the wheels on. At least the bolts aren't too tight. I found reattaching, while easy, was harder b/c I had to pull the fascia toward me with one hand while tightening with another. A third hand would be ideal.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #1294
OzzySS

 
OzzySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PC, HI
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
I did...a couple weeks ago. Wrong color, but it does the job and I wasn't gonna deal with returning and waiting for the right one. NOT impressed with their service, even if their product is good.
__________________
Build thread linked in the pic...


OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #1295
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
What's going on fellas? A little update on the car a couple of days ago I plasti-dipped the front bow-tie and the rear taillight bezels. The bow-tie turned out great, but the bezels were a different story. I'll have start over on those. Also I dropped the car off this morning at the dealer to get splitter fixed.
Woud it be possible to plastidip the chrome taillight bezels and still have them fit properly? Would that look weird?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #1296
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
CRT, did you get the stage 1 or stage 2 kit?
Sorry, I'm a bozo. When I read this I thought you meant an HP tune up! LOL.

I got the stage one. Just the clutch reservoir.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #1297
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Awesome pics,thanks thats my project tomorrow,mine just came.So which clamp was the wrong size,the one for the little nipple(giggle)cover or the hose clamps?
The little nipple. I bought an assortment pack and used the a size down from what shipped from JDP. They put in a clamp for a full hose - think of the width of the hose. That covering for the nipple is much thinner.

I'll have to compare my exhaust tomorrow.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #1298
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Woud it be possible to plastidip the chrome taillight bezels and still have them fit properly? Would that look weird?
Fits fine...

__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #1299
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Did you get the stage 1? Did they do better than $50 shipping for you when you called? I need to get on this...
I know you asked Newb. I'd suggest stage 1.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #1300
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Fits fine...
Awh! Nice! Did you take them out to P-dip them?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.