Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #491
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Thanks Fuz0, they're TSW Nurburgring 9x20 Fronts & 10x20 Rears. Had them powder coated Matte Black.

Kurt, Thanks for the pics of the ZR1, now I just need my car back to start wheeling & dealing.Supposed to pick it up by Wednesday, it's always something
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #492
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Kurt, Thanks for the pics of the ZR1, now I just need my car back to start wheeling & dealing.Supposed to pick it up by Wednesday, it's always something
Isn't that the truth with car mods . I always try to expect the unexpected because if uncertainty can happen, it will happen in the automotive aftermarket industry. Good luck man, and hopefully you'll get it back soon enough.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #493
Scott@Antidote
 
Scott@Antidote's Avatar
 
Drives: 45th Anniversary
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 138
Send a message via AIM to Scott@Antidote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Thanks Fuz0, they're TSW Nurburgring 9x20 Fronts & 10x20 Rears. Had them powder coated Matte Black.

Kurt, Thanks for the pics of the ZR1, now I just need my car back to start wheeling & dealing.Supposed to pick it up by Wednesday, it's always something
You still don't have your car back? I feel like there's jokes here but mines still our shop so I'll just keep it closed lol
Scott@Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #494
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Isn't that the truth with car mods . I always try to expect the unexpected because if uncertainty can happen, it will happen in the automotive aftermarket industry. Good luck man, and hopefully you'll get it back soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Antidote View Post
You still don't have your car back? I feel like there's jokes here but mines still our shop so I'll just keep it closed lol
Well, when I brought the car to Ryne Cunningham of Cunningham Motorsports for the cam, injectors, etc..install, I told him I wanted him to go over the car with a fine toothed comb, because his reputation is by far one of the best on the West Coast working with LS engines, Vettes & Camaros. Granted I added a few things while he had it, he discovered I had the dreaded Magnusin Valley Pan Leak.

See this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162281


22oo miles on the car and 1000 since Supercharged, and being new to the area and his rep, I wanted him to just give me peace of mind because 2 different shops did work on it, and neither discovered this....That's why he's the best! I remember when I first read that thread months ago, I PM'd Magnuson and they told me not to worry, because when I bought mine the fix was already done.......REALLY?

So now Maggie sent a new Valley pan, but Ryne went to Monmouth boarding till Monday, so I have to wait, but I really don't care because he found an issue that could've been really F**KED up!!! Now you know why I'm contemplating the ZR1. So when I get it back, it'll be god as new, well F**K it is new!!! But I'll have no worries, I made a great friend in Ryne, and now have an AWESOME tuner/engine builder and the car will be 100%. SO that's the deal.
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #495
IBM camaro
Texas HT5
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,337
I am amazed at how well your zl1 front with heritage grill combo worked out the hood is killer!!! I wish I had the money to get those concept mirrows I would in a second how do you like the view?
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #496
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
I am amazed at how well your zl1 front with heritage grill combo worked out the hood is killer!!! I wish I had the money to get those concept mirrows I would in a second how do you like the view?
Thank you IBM, the field of vision is phenomenal!!! 1000% better than the stock mirrors!!

There's another supplier of the Oracle Concept mirrors, Antidote Performance, one of my sponsors. I have to shoot out there tomorrow and can get you a price on the mirrors, painted or unpainted, if you like. Just shoot me a PM.
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #497
IBM camaro
Texas HT5
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,337
Wow that would be really cool? Dude that's so crazy that you have sponsers how do I get one of those lol . How do they work?
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #498
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,562
Any update with the car John? Hopefully the leak is settled, and the engine is fully built again.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #499
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
Wow that would be really cool? Dude that's so crazy that you have sponsers how do I get one of those lol . How do they work?
Actually have a couple of them, being in SoCal at the moment, there's car shows and events almost every weekend. It's basically just a form of advertising for them. I've been on this build over a year, and every time I say I'm going to stop and enjoy it, I just want to do more, live the DSS Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft, 1400HP Half Shafts & Hammerhead IRS. Those are things that are only going to act as insurance because of the HP I'm pushing. Believe it or not, I only have 2200 miles on it and it's spent more time in a shops garage, than mine. But I had a vision of what I wanted to accomplish and I figured just get 'er dun!!

So when it is ready for the show circuit & track, I have a show board and it'll have all my sponsors on it, and like I said, it's just basically advertising for them, which I don't mind cause I either get free stuff, free work or deeply discounted products.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Any update with the car John? Hopefully the leak is settled, and the engine is fully built again.
T, Ryne found out about the Valley Pan leak on Wednesday and Magnuson overnighted him the part needed. Kind of pissed at Maggie, because when I read that thread last year, I emailed Maggie and asked if this was something I should be worried about and they were adamant that mine was made after they found out about it. So tomorrow I'm calling SLP and letting them know what's up and I'm a little disappointed in them.

I'm just very thankful that I went to LS Engine expert Ryne Cunningham of Cunningham Motorsports and he spent so much free time looking at everything on the car to get to know it, and at the same time do the cam & injector+++ installs, because I told him he's going to be the only one from now on that touches the car. He went snowboarding at Monmouth over the weekend and I told them from the beginning there was no rush, just wanted perfection, and that's what he's giving me, but on that note I should be picking it up Wednesday, but then another appointment at Antidote! Then when it's finally back home, I have to bring it to a potential sponsor who's trying to talk me into the Lambo doors, I want a custom paint job & like I tld you & IB something with the seats, then maybe then I'll be don......nah, not even going to say it!
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #500
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Actually have a couple of them, being in SoCal at the moment, there's car shows and events almost every weekend. It's basically just a form of advertising for them. I've been on this build over a year, and every time I say I'm going to stop and enjoy it, I just want to do more, live the DSS Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft, 1400HP Half Shafts & Hammerhead IRS. Those are things that are only going to act as insurance because of the HP I'm pushing. Believe it or not, I only have 2200 miles on it and it's spent more time in a shops garage, than mine. But I had a vision of what I wanted to accomplish and I figured just get 'er dun!!

So when it is ready for the show circuit & track, I have a show board and it'll have all my sponsors on it, and like I said, it's just basically advertising for them, which I don't mind cause I either get free stuff, free work or deeply discounted products.





T, Ryne found out about the Valley Pan leak on Wednesday and Magnuson overnighted him the part needed. Kind of pissed at Maggie, because when I read that thread last year, I emailed Maggie and asked if this was something I should be worried about and they were adamant that mine was made after they found out about it. So tomorrow I'm calling SLP and letting them know what's up and I'm a little disappointed in them.

I'm just very thankful that I went to LS Engine expert Ryne Cunningham of Cunningham Motorsports and he spent so much free time looking at everything on the car to get to know it, and at the same time do the cam & injector+++ installs, because I told him he's going to be the only one from now on that touches the car. He went snowboarding at Monmouth over the weekend and I told them from the beginning there was no rush, just wanted perfection, and that's what he's giving me, but on that note I should be picking it up Wednesday, but then another appointment at Antidote! Then when it's finally back home, I have to bring it to a potential sponsor who's trying to talk me into the Lambo doors, I want a custom paint job & like I tld you & IB something with the seats, then maybe then I'll be don......nah, not even going to say it!
That's bitchin man! That is great news, and everything is coming together. Maggie should have fessed up and told you the potential issue up front, and I would be disappointed in them as well. That's definitely not the way to do things. At least everything is settled. I bet you can't wait to get it home already, and enjoy it.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #501
IBM camaro
Texas HT5
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,337
Wow tht must be great getting that kind if attention from places and I wouldn't have guessed I have like 50k miles on my baby and a full repaint basically
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #502
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
That's bitchin man! That is great news, and everything is coming together. Maggie should have fessed up and told you the potential issue up front, and I would be disappointed in them as well. That's definitely not the way to do things. At least everything is settled. I bet you can't wait to get it home already, and enjoy it.
T, when I read that thread back when, I shot the Maggie Rep on here (the one that answered the questions) is this something I should be worried about and he assured me it was not. I still have the PM. I bought my Maggie through SLP, so they're getting a nice letter this week along with a copy of Cunningham's bill to fix it. I spent the extra money for the warranty also, but they come 3yr/36K out of the box and it wasn't even a year or 900 miles on the Maggie. Believe me bro, I'm raising holy hell!! (Even though it's fixed, it's just bad business when you drop that kind of money)



Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
Wow tht must be great getting that kind if attention from places and I wouldn't have guessed I have like 50k miles on my baby and a full repaint basically
Bro, you're in Texas right, just enter as many local meets, talk to shops, schmooze them, tell them to make you decals and you'll sport them on your ride, but one hand washes the other, so what will they give you in return. To them it's the best way of advertising. Obviously with 2200 miles you know mines not my DD.
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 AM   #503
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
A little birdie told me I had to change my sig......hmmmmm what could it be?


And a ZR1 starts at $125K....bye-bye

I think I'll be investing in Nitto stock
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #504
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,583
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
What the hell J your car looks so sick that i wouldn't replace it with anything , enjoy your ride bro and kick some serious ass.
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 11:33 AM
SSMOKINHOT’S SINISTER SCARLETT (SS) [COTW 12/19/11] SSMOKINHOT Member Car Journals 232 05-07-2014 09:46 AM
Camaro SS Transformation (Bumblebee) Update Pic's Audrey2010Camaro Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 10 12-13-2012 01:50 PM
Camaro SS Transformation (Bumblebee) Audrey2010Camaro Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 35 07-14-2011 05:52 AM
Pedders Camaro Begins the Transformation to the Pedders Revolution Camaro Info@PeddersUSA.com Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 192 01-03-2011 03:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.