Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New members, come introduce yourselves here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
silentpinoy
 
Drives: Hyundai VT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida and Illinois
Posts: 5
2016....

Hello Camaro owners. Long story very short. Believe it or not, I've been saving and saving AND saving since I was 19, I'm currently 35. Now, I did own a '96 Impala SS (Brand New) back in the day, but went import after selling the SS in 2005. The Impala was a birthday gift for me and didn't have to pay a dime, as it was paid off per my father. Anyway I digress, 16 years later and having a mother telling me that it was a waste to buy any car over $25, I've decided to wait another 3 years (2016) to purchase a brand new vehicle.

I'm a new guy when it comes to Camaros. I've seen them in the 80 and 90's and well, I wasn't too fond of them. When the next gen. Camaro was released I still wasn't that thrilled. My eyes were set on the GT-R, and then came the ZL1. Dammit, why God, why? LOL!

I don't know what it was about the ZL1, but it grew on me. And just the sound alone was a convincing. I hope by then, I make up my mind. Let's just say by 2016 I can either put a huge down payment or purchase it in full with money left over for ADV.1 wheels. I hope that 17 years of saving is worth it at the end. What say you ZL1 owners, what would be your desire if you had the money to purchase either vehicle?
silentpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
xVengeancex28


 
xVengeancex28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,405
welcome
__________________
Click Sig For Graphics Page On Facebook
xVengeancex28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
mr_honez
Wifey Lover
 
mr_honez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Posts: 2,869
ZL1 or 2016, hard choice. But 2016 is a fair ways away and then we'll know what it looks like and you'll be able to make a better decision.

Welcome to the site Silentpinoy, great bunch of folks here and lots of info for whatever you need.
__________________
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,176
All we have is now so why not get the ZL1 now? How about if 2016 never comes? Just saying.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
panther2469


 
panther2469's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Hills, CA
Posts: 5,087
welcome
__________________
panther2469 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 15,372
silentpinoy, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.



oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
iCamaro

 
iCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Posts: 1,302
Welcome!
__________________
iCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
silentpinoy
 
Drives: Hyundai VT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida and Illinois
Posts: 5
Wow, thank you all for welcoming me. As for not getting the ZL1 now, to be honest I don't know. As I said, I'm at a toss up between the ZL1 and the GT-R.
silentpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,989
welcome to Camaro5
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #10
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,554
Welcome. I don't believe you could go wrong with either and heck why not have both. Give the used zl1 market a few months and pick one up avoiding the instant depreciation of a new car. When the gen 6 model comes out make a decision on the switch based off performance and features without an immediate loss of investment if you choose to do so; if a loss occurs doing so will be nominal

Have that cake, eat that cake and throw that sh1t on anyone who says otherwise.
__________________
FASTER than my SS....for now

2500HD (with a couple parts)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpinoy View Post
Hello Camaro owners. Long story very short. Believe it or not, I've been saving and saving AND saving since I was 19, I'm currently 35. Now, I did own a '96 Impala SS (Brand New) back in the day, but went import after selling the SS in 2005. The Impala was a birthday gift for me and didn't have to pay a dime, as it was paid off per my father. Anyway I digress, 16 years later and having a mother telling me that it was a waste to buy any car over $25, I've decided to wait another 3 years (2016) to purchase a brand new vehicle.

I'm a new guy when it comes to Camaros. I've seen them in the 80 and 90's and well, I wasn't too fond of them. When the next gen. Camaro was released I still wasn't that thrilled. My eyes were set on the GT-R, and then came the ZL1. Dammit, why God, why? LOL!

I don't know what it was about the ZL1, but it grew on me. And just the sound alone was a convincing. I hope by then, I make up my mind. Let's just say by 2016 I can either put a huge down payment or purchase it in full with money left over for ADV.1 wheels. I hope that 17 years of saving is worth it at the end. What say you ZL1 owners, what would be your desire if you had the money to purchase either vehicle?
Welcome to the Camaro5! If you would like help trying to locate the Camaro of your dreams, I can try to locate one per the specifications you desire as long as they are available.

Please let me know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
silentpinoy
 
Drives: Hyundai VT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida and Illinois
Posts: 5
Brandon and all, man, I don't think I've ever received this much support and help on any other forum. In reality, I'm not set to purchase a beast like the ZL1 or GT-R as of yet. My wife and I just married Dec. 1st, and although I would LOOOVE to own either one, those aren't really a priority now. HOWEVER, when 2016 comes, that's another story. If I was in the market for a ZL1 I would just want a black one with NOOO sun/moon (whatever you call it) room. That time will come. Thanks again all. Oh, and as for owning both, yeah right. I don't have that type of money. LOL!
silentpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpinoy View Post
Brandon and all, man, I don't think I've ever received this much support and help on any other forum. In reality, I'm not set to purchase a beast like the ZL1 or GT-R as of yet. My wife and I just married Dec. 1st, and although I would LOOOVE to own either one, those aren't really a priority now. HOWEVER, when 2016 comes, that's another story. If I was in the market for a ZL1 I would just want a black one with NOOO sun/moon (whatever you call it) room. That time will come. Thanks again all. Oh, and as for owning both, yeah right. I don't have that type of money. LOL!
I think you misread me lol.
__________________
FASTER than my SS....for now

2500HD (with a couple parts)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
silentpinoy
 
Drives: Hyundai VT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida and Illinois
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
I think you misread me lol.
I probably did! Need to get some new glasses I suppose. Out of curiosity, are you (or have you already) getting new wheels for your Camaro?
silentpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpinoy View Post
I probably did! Need to get some new glasses I suppose. Out of curiosity, are you (or have you already) getting new wheels for your Camaro?
I'm much too greedy.

3:91 gm gears are next.

I went show then go on my truck and regretted it greatly. 8k into it I started added performance. 18k later I have something I've grown tired of and have cant enjoy thoroughly as the new found bliss my camaro has given me

I recently passed on a set of black and polished 21" gm rims for $600 (mounted with worn tires but now damage) because of the cost of the Pirelli tires. After the fact if found the first non Pirelli production tires for much less than than the $1500 the pzeros would have costed. In fact the same price as the normal 20" tires. I also slap myself for that

Rant over
__________________
FASTER than my SS....for now

2500HD (with a couple parts)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #16
silentpinoy
 
Drives: Hyundai VT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida and Illinois
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
I'm much too greedy.

3:91 gm gears are next.

I went show then go on my truck and regretted it greatly. 8k into it I started added performance. 18k later I have something I've grown tired of and have cant enjoy thoroughly as the new found bliss my camaro has given me

I recently passed on a set of black and polished 21" gm rims for $600 (mounted with worn tires but now damage) because of the cost of the Pirelli tires. After the fact if found the first non Pirelli production tires for much less than than the $1500 the pzeros would have costed. In fact the same price as the normal 20" tires. I also slap myself for that

Rant over
Ha! Well, try not to overdo it with the performance mods for your Camaro. Honestly, the only thing I would do is just change out the rims, and lower the vehicle, if need be, to get that menacing look. I'm quite fond of these...



Pricey though...:(
silentpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,679
Welcome!!
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.