Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #15
goldappa

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS Convertible
A local MobileOne installer says they fiberglass and seal the factory sub encloser on camaro verts. I think for about 400 bucks.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
OK. what I did was cut a hole on the left side of where the sub is now. The hole is about 10 x 12 Then I used a 1/8" plate to seal it back up and some silicone. OK here is the tricky part starting with the sub woofer hole I cut 1/4" mdf ( no need to go thicker because you are screwing it to steel) and glue and screwed it to all the steal surrounding the sub. I used cardboard to make templates for all the pieces. The bottom has just a few holes to seal with silicone. The top right above the sub I screwed into the bracket holding the pump.Then i silicon-ed all the seams before putting the cover plate on and the sub in. It was allot of work like a big puzzle but it really sounds great. I may take a picture tomorrow but it will only be the outer cover and the sub. It is all sealed so i wont take it apart.I also made 2 12" sub enclosures to fit under the top when its down.I drive those with a rockford T 2500 bdcp, a 275 amp alternator, and 3 batterys. Hear is some more stuff to read.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224763

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144841
Old 01-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #17
Kafuzke

Drives: Euro Camaro (2SS/RS) Convertible
@ToddB
I plan to built a sealed chamber in the factory subwoofer location too. I don't understand what you mean with "cut a hole on the left side of where the sub is"? Did you cut any steel braces?
I think it is sufficient to put MDF with glue, silicone and a couple of screws here and there to the back, top, bottom, right and left side.
In front i will use the factory metal bracket and put a 10" sub in.

i have not measured, but estimated that i get round 20 liters, that is 0.7 cu ft.

Wich sub do you insert?
Did you put any wadding or foam material in the chamber?

Kafuzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #18
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafuzke View Post
@ToddB
I plan to built a sealed chamber in the factory subwoofer location too. I don't understand what you mean with "cut a hole on the left side of where the sub is"? Did you cut any steel braces?
I think it is sufficient to put MDF with glue, silicone and a couple of screws here and there to the back, top, bottom, right and left side.
In front i will use the factory metal bracket and put a 10" sub in.

i have not measured, but estimated that i get round 20 liters, that is 0.7 cu ft.

Wich sub do you insert?
Did you put any wadding or foam material in the chamber?
I used a Kicker Comp R 10" subwoofer. It has a mounting depth of 5 and 3/16 Handles 600 watts 1200 peak. What I did is to the left of the sub mounting hole I cut a hole about 10 x 10 square . Just leave about 3/4" space all the way around to put screws in. Then cut a 1/8 thick plate 3/4" bigger on all sides 11.5 x 11.5 to cover the hole you cut in the tin. Once it is silicone and screwed all the way around it will be as strong as it was or more. The hole you cut will give you access to the room on the left side of the sub. Cut, silicone and screw pieces in there then cover it with the plate you made. In the factory subwoofer hole cut and silicone pieces in there to seal that area off. It took me about 30hrs to do but the results are fantastic. use cardboard to make templates for test fitting then cut whatever you use to seal it up. I use 1/4" particle board because your screwing it to steel so it is really strong when the silicone dries. I used a alpine M12 amp (1200 watts) to drive it.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
Kafuzke

Drives: Euro Camaro (2SS/RS) Convertible
Ok, now i understand.
The hole 10x10 ist only the access to bring in the plates to the factory hole.

And did you put any wadding or foam material in the sealed Area?

Kafuzke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, subwoofer, vert