Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #57
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
Everything, but I hope GM gives us 1LE guys and girls some special package like they did for the ZL1. Stating our car number and such.
I really doubt that mainly because the ZL1 is a separate model and the 1LE is just an SS with an option package code 1LE. Sort of like the first Z/28 didn't even have anything to show it was a Z/28 other than the 302 engine badging
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #58
Doglife1LE
 
Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Bay, California
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I really doubt that mainly because the ZL1 is a separate model and the 1LE is just an SS with an option package code 1LE. Sort of like the first Z/28 didn't even have anything to show it was a Z/28 other than the 302 engine badging
Don't ruin the dream ....
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=68095&dateline=135482  5744
Doglife1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #59
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I will definitely document the feedback into our database for all departments of GM to access. What do you like most about the 1LE?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Well if you really want to know I am finally happy that there is a camaro that doesn't lose to the mustang in the handling department considering the mustang is cheaper and the camaro finally is able to match the acceleration of a track pack mustang GT.

When I rented a camaro ss some time ago I thought the handling was ok on the car and this seems to address that. It actually goes beyond it and is showing some amazing numbers.

The performance data coming from the 1LE is very impressive.

I also believe GM did a great job with the gearing. Instead of just slapping a lower final drive like the mustang which effects all gears. It changed the gear ratios in the transmission as well.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #60
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I will definitely document the feedback into our database for all departments of GM to access. What do you like most about the 1LE?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Likes
  • Handling. Switched back to American car from German car b/c of the handling.
  • Dual Mode Exhaust - didn't want to monkey with aftermarket exhausts any more. Love that it's OOTB (out of the box)
  • Gearing - had an 84 Z28 with similar gearing. That made me believe the 1LE would be faster than the SS.
  • Wheels - I loved the ZL1 wheels and really like the magnetic suspension. But I didn't want to spend $60K on a Camaro. Nothing against the Camaro but upper 30s to mid 40s sounded right in comparison to what Ford is doing.
  • Half Shafts - I think this relates to handling.
  • ZL1 Backports - the fact several ZL1 options were backported to the SS and/or revamped for the SS was key.
  • Styling - What a beautiful car. I say to my wife, "This car is like an event. It's an event to look at. And it's an event to drive it." In other words, it's captivating, requires attention, and brings pleasure.

Dislikes
  • BlueTooth/Airplay - Airplay from iOS doesn't work straight away. A workaround is described in the manual but there shouldn't need to be a workaround. I have to turn iPhone Airplay speakerst to iPhone then back to "Camaro" (what I named the 1LE) and then the audio comes. I'm used to just tapping BT on my dash and, voila!, having sound from iPhone on the stereo.
  • Locks for Trunk/Doors - should be ONE button to lock and unlock everything. This means a seperate trunk button. Maybe I'm too used to my old Audi but the workflow is so much easier. You unlock the car the trunk is unlocked but not opened. You lock the car and the trunk locks.
  • Interior Lighting - I have to reflect the dome light off my hand to see the UI controls (eg: garage door buttons, light switch) when parking the car at night or use my iPhone Light app. It'd be nice if the buttons were lit up and it'd be super easy to find them and tap on them.
  • PLASTIC - I really don't like the plastic speedo/tach bezels and instrument cluster bezels. Something could be refined here. And I'm not a fan of the 2SS plastic door panels.
  • Lug Nuts - Don't know why they are silver with the hot black wheels. ;-)
  • Tail LIght Bezels - the chrome has got to go. You have a black theme going on.
  • MyLink Apps - everything should work through BlueTooth Streaming. Currently some apps (eg: Pandora and Stitcher) require a USB connection.
  • Cup Holders/Shifter/SmartPhone Placement & Location - it's really hard to find a comfy place to put the smart phone and safely drive AND plug the smartphone into the USB. If some of the MyLink apps didn't require USB connectivity then you could have more freedom to mount the smartphone elsewhere and tether it to the DC charger.
  • Rear Fuse Box Access - There should be a door on the felt paneling to get in/out of there more easily.
  • Owner's Manual - It's obtuse and overwritten. So many sections refer you to another section. I've found cases where you're looking for the information "X" and you start at page-A, you're told to go to page-B then page-C to find X. Odd. I'm glad there's a PDF searchable option. This should be an app on the MyLink too. All service requirements and schedules should appear on MyLink based on your odometer reading. Take what's on the web and present it to the user in MyLink.
  • Hill Assist - make it an option, please.
  • Skip Shifter - I hope I'm not in an accident b/c of this. It's highly frustrating and dangerous.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #61
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Well if you really want to know I am finally happy that there is a camaro that doesn't lose to the mustang in the handling department considering the mustang is cheaper and the camaro finally is able to match the acceleration of a track pack mustang GT.

When I rented a camaro ss some time ago I thought the handling was ok on the car and this seems to address that. It actually goes beyond it and is showing some amazing numbers.

The performance data coming from the 1LE is very impressive.

I also believe GM did a great job with the gearing. Instead of just slapping a lower final drive like the mustang which effects all gears. It changed the gear ratios in the transmission as well.
Well thank you for the compliments! I will pass this all along.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #62
MotorCity
 
MotorCity's Avatar
 
Drives: BRM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit
Posts: 111
just curious, i have been coming across dyno sheets of 1LE owners getting around 402 RWHP stock! Chevrolet states the 1LE comes 426hp stock at the crank (just like the regular SS). But considering a powertrain horsepower loss of around 18% by the time it reaches the rear wheels, does anyone think or have proof of GM upping the stock horsepower to maybe compete with the boss 302??
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #63
Blueclyde

 
Blueclyde's Avatar
 
Drives: What's Next?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northeast Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity View Post
just curious, i have been coming across dyno sheets of 1LE owners getting around 402 RWHP stock! Chevrolet states the 1LE comes 426hp stock at the crank (just like the regular SS). But considering a powertrain horsepower loss of around 18% by the time it reaches the rear wheels, does anyone think or have proof of GM upping the stock horsepower to maybe compete with the boss 302??
I would say not likely. More likely it is inaccurate chassis dyno data.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.