Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #26
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek View Post
+1

We have seen this with multiple 2012+ V6 Camaros on the dyno
If you have some chassis ears put those on it. That will tell if you've got real knock. We saw the LFX reporting 4* KR no matter what, turns out it was false. Even when it pulled timing on the dyno up high there was no real knock.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #27
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
If you have some chassis ears put those on it. That will tell if you've got real knock. We saw the LFX reporting 4* KR no matter what, turns out it was false. Even when it pulled timing on the dyno up high there was no real knock.
Make sure I'm reading this right....sorry not trying to sound like a dummy lol. Your saying your car also pulled timing due to false knock detected, but in reality there was none and the car could have ran a bit stronger?
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Make sure I'm reading this right....sorry not trying to sound like a dummy lol. Your saying your car also pulled timing due to false knock detected, but in reality there was none and the car could have ran a bit stronger?
That's basically the issue with a lot of boosted LLT's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
That's basically the issue with a lot of boosted LLT's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Yea I understand that, and it is a bummer for sure. I was just asking if he was saying he saw the same issue on his car. sounds like that is the case.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #30
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sort of. I wasn't there when they did this, so I hope I get this all right.

It just kept showing 4* of KR, but it wasn't pulling time. But if you are tuning it and see KR then the tendency is to believe you have some knock and pull the timing in your tune as you add boost. We also saw KR go up to about 6.5* on the dyno but there was no real knock. We think this was the dyno affect everyone talks about. We used a land & sea dynomite so we probably saw less than a dynojet would. Basically Ryan tuned mine up until he felt the could still be safe then checked for KR on the street and it was showing the consistent 4* KR but wasn't pulling any timing. So, it may be that Phastek/IPF went a little more conservative with the tune than needed because they were seeing KR and it was pulling some timing. If they listen to the engine with some chassis ears they can tell if there is any real knock as they add some timing back in.
Build Thread
Old 01-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #31
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Sean, I am willing to bet the real power is around 400 rwhp. Bring it to the track and beat up on a few V8's and that should put any doubters to rest. The customer will be happy and thats all that matters. These make power that is remarkable no matter what the dyno shows due to the KR issue. Thats why we pay attention to what the 1/4 mile results are....that is where it matters. No matter who's kit you choose, they are proven period.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #32
dman3000

Drives: BLack LS '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Sean, I am willing to bet the real power is around 400 rwhp. Bring it to the track and beat up on a few V8's and that should put any doubters to rest. The customer will be happy and thats all that matters. These make power that is remarkable no matter what the dyno shows due to the KR issue. Thats why we pay attention to what the 1/4 mile results are....that is where it matters. No matter who's kit you choose, they are proven period.

This is the next thing i plan to do i , i live just a few miles from royal purple speedway, will report here with a timeslip soon
dman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #33
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3000 View Post
This is the next thing i plan to do i , i live just a few miles from royal purple speedway, will report here with a timeslip soon
Make it so!
Build Thread
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #34
KMPrenger

Quote:
Right on!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #35
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:

That should humble a few of the V8 mustangs, camaros, mopars!!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote