Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #251
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,494
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Oh wow, 2 more yellows! That's a good sign, as its fun to see everyone's vision come together and the way they like to paint them. It's requiring some serious work that's for sure, and it better be worth it. Haha. I'm going to insure this damn bumper in case it gets crushed in an accident.

I asked my insurance company about it. They said take pictures of it, tell us how much it cost to buy it and install it and keep your receipts. I said but if it's a custom can i replace it worth something else up to that amount? she said yes.


So as to not hijack Tim's thread too much, I wonder... what else do you have planned after this Tim? Your car is never together more than a few months tops before your next mod
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #252
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

I asked my insurance company about it. They said take pictures of it, tell us how much it cost to buy it and install it and keep your receipts. I said but if it's a custom can i replace it worth something else up to that amount? she said yes.


So as to not hijack Tim's thread too much, I wonder... what else do you have planned after this Tim? Your car is never together more than a few months tops before your next mod
It will be in the shop for about 3 more weeks, painting the rear ground effects to match the front. Re-aligning the hood and painting the underside. I'll be adding vinyl hash strips, ill leave them on for a while, if I like them ill be painting them on using the same color as the black on my bumper.

Then car will be back into storage until April.

Then I am planning an appointment with Ted at Jannetty Racing for the new SLP TVS2300 supercharger hopefully in or around June. I'll be getting the 3years 36,000 mile warranty with it and then no mods for a long time, well until the supercharger is paid off
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 AM   #253
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,566
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
now that's gonna rock
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #254
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
now that's gonna rock
What's your opinion on the bumper? Leave it be with the lower lip orange or re-paint to black?

And thanks!
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #255
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,566
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
orange for sure bro ,your car looks great as is.
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #256
Dent RS
Axes Kivster
 
Dent RS's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro '12 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UAE - Dubai
Posts: 89
great car and build thread bro
Dent RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #257
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Thanks guys, ill post up another angle this morning when he sends it to me.
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #258
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Thanks guys, ill post up another angle this morning when he sends it to me.
Can't wait!! I'll be looking forward to this. The painter looks like he did a great job though.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #259
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
So he sent me a better picture. Still hard to see cause its a crappy cell picture but basically its half of what i originally wanted and half of what you guys were saying would look good.

Basically he followed the concept of the Ports with the thin line going through the middle. He only painted the front edge of the lower lip orange and all of the rest of the center black. so i guess it could be best of both worlds but not sure. If i dont like it he would have to paint the whole bumper over again so there are no lines. Ill have to test it on the car, but i think it will look good.





Whatcha think?
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #260
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,494
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
It will be in the shop for about 3 more weeks, painting the rear ground effects to match the front. Re-aligning the hood and painting the underside. I'll be adding vinyl hash strips, ill leave them on for a while, if I like them ill be painting them on using the same color as the black on my bumper.

Then car will be back into storage until April.

Then I am planning an appointment with Ted at Jannetty Racing for the new SLP TVS2300 supercharger hopefully in or around June. I'll be getting the 3years 36,000 mile warranty with it and then no mods for a long time, well until the supercharger is paid off
haa right on sounds good!

I can't wait to get a S/C.

Love the new pictures!!
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #261
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
So he sent me a better picture. Still hard to see cause its a crappy cell picture but basically its half of what i originally wanted and half of what you guys were saying would look good.

Basically he followed the concept of the Ports with the thin line going through the middle. He only painted the front edge of the lower lip orange and all of the rest of the center black. so i guess it could be best of both worlds but not sure. If i dont like it he would have to paint the whole bumper over again so there are no lines. Ill have to test it on the car, but i think it will look good.





Whatcha think?
You were right, as its literally half of what we where thinking and half of your idea, ha-ha. The way it sits is unique, as nobody has thought about following the same idea with the think line just like the ports. I think I like it though as it still provides a low level look due to the small orange paint at the bottom of the splitter. I think you should keep it, especially if it looks good once you get it on the car. That'll be the clincher, as you'll know if it's what you like or not. It looks badass though man. It is the best of both worlds. It's turning out awesome man!
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #262
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Thanks guys, i gotta see it in person, crappy lights and crappy cell phone pictures probably dont do it justice. Hopefully i can go pick it up soon.
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #263
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,566
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Looks great bro I really dig the painted front lip it's gonna rock
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #264
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Few better shots taken today!

This will be installed monday night. Then hood comes off and will be fixed and re-painted.

Rear bumper is off car now and currently getting a spray of black!







__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #265
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Seeing the way he painted the lower lip in person is absolutely SICK!!

I love it.
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #266
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,494
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Very nice!! I love it.
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #267
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Thanks bud.


We also molded the heritage grille right onto the bumper....so that thing is never coming off!!! haha
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #268
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,561
Wow that looks good! All you guys getting your bumpers on I forgot what mine looks like In The shed somewhere. I wonder if its cracking away in this cold weather lol.

I bet your counting down the days until the supercharger haha your gonna love it man whole new beast after that and Ted is a great guy and great tuner.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #269
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Wow that looks good! All you guys getting your bumpers on I forgot what mine looks like In The shed somewhere. I wonder if its cracking away in this cold weather lol.

I bet your counting down the days until the supercharger haha your gonna love it man whole new beast after that and Ted is a great guy and great tuner.
Thanks bud....

The supercharger might be put on hold till late summer. Just bought the wife a 2013 Kia Sorento SX AWD in White Pearl!. Set us back a cool 30K
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #270
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,494
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Thanks bud.


We also molded the heritage grille right onto the bumper....so that thing is never coming off!!! haha
I was wondering why it was on in all the photos and painted at the same time.
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #271
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Damn!! The bumper looks amazing Tim!! You made the right choice keeping the paint job. It will not only be unique, but it will looks bananas when done.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #272
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Damn!! The bumper looks amazing Tim!! You made the right choice keeping the paint job. It will not only be unique, but it will looks bananas when done.
Yea, I have you guys to thank for me keeping it like this. And im thrilled when i saw it in person, his photos sucked compaired to my photos nevermind seeing it in person!!
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #273
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
I can't wait to see it on installed on the car! It will look so insane, and people are going to freak out at shows when they see the new front end. The guy looked like he paints incredibly well by the way.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #274
TRC-SS
TIM "COTW 2-25-13"
 
TRC-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SuperCharged 567RWHP SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shrewsbury Massachusetts
Posts: 4,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I can't wait to see it on installed on the car! It will look so insane, and people are going to freak out at shows when they see the new front end. The guy looked like he paints incredibly well by the way.
Yea he is gifted!

Im worried about ride height......Lots of shows here are in fields, should be interesting!
__________________
View Build HERE>>>>>MY 2011 2SS/RS JOURNAL
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #275
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,568
Haha, that makes two of us. I'm nervous I won't even be able to make it up my driveway with this new bumper. LOL
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Jersey (and area) check-in thread SirBrad USA - NY / NJ / PA 459 06-10-2014 06:13 AM
The 2011+ Mustang Thread GatorBlue371 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11878 08-23-2011 12:30 PM
2011 2SS/RS Owners Please Chime In NYCSRTATE Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 17 01-13-2011 07:46 PM
My New 2011 SIM 2SS/RS AmeriCustom Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 41 10-09-2010 11:55 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.