Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #103
IBM camaro
Texas HT5
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,337
MAn that lighting just makes it so much more luxurious it's beautiful
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #104
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
MAn that lighting just makes it so much more luxurious it's beautiful
Thanks! I'm surprised more ppl don't do the switchbacks for turnsignals
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #105
IBM camaro
Texas HT5
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,337
Yeah I still have mine in my trunk I switched them out to pass inspection
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #106
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
Yeah I still have mine in my trunk I switched them out to pass inspection
I haven't had to get an inspection sticker since ours last two years, but the couple places I go to probably won't have a problem with them, as long as they blink lol
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #107
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,719
Signal lenses and quad exhaust look SHARP!!! Super classy build man, it's unique yet looks like it could have come from the factory that way. (a trait that I personally love in a custom build)

Well done!
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #108
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Signal lenses and quad exhaust look SHARP!!! Super classy build man, it's unique yet looks like it could have come from the factory that way. (a trait that I personally love in a custom build)

Well done!
Yes! Thanks man, I couldnt have explained what Im going for better than you just said.

Appreciate it!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #109
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Pretty excited, just ordered my Showstopper LED Sidemarkers. I was going to make them myself, but showstopper's are only $50 more than all the stuff you need to make the diy, not to mention the time to go into it. I also like the look of the LED strip on top.

Pete gave me a deal in exchange for giving him some pics, so hopefully Ill be featured on the site!

Showstopper = $250 (350-100 core charge)

DIY:
LEDs = $133
Paint/Clear/Promoter/Primer = $45 (from automotivetouchup.com)
Misc Materials (tape,sandpaper) = $10
Connectors = $12
TOTAL: $200
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #110
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Pretty excited, just ordered my Showstopper LED Sidemarkers. I was going to make them myself, but showstopper's are only $50 more than all the stuff you need to make the diy, not to mention the time to go into it. I also like the look of the LED strip on top.

Pete gave me a deal in exchange for giving him some pics, so hopefully Ill be featured on the site!

Showstopper = $250 (350-100 core charge)

DIY:
LEDs = $133
Paint/Clear/Promoter/Primer = $45 (from automotivetouchup.com)
Misc Materials (tape,sandpaper) = $10
Connectors = $12
TOTAL: $200
So I am guessing they will not be ghosted?
__________________

Last edited by tramtwo; 01-28-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: not
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #111
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 21,976
car looks great man! great work!
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #112
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
So I am guessing they will not be ghosted?
Not ghosted, but I like the look of the showstopper unghosted, I don't like the AAC version unghosted, since the LEDs are in the center. Showstopper a follow the lines. I also can always ghost them later if I want.
The rear ones will blend in anyway since its red, would only have to ghost the front section little strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
car looks great man! great work!
Thanks a lot bro!
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #113
SSICKO
 
SSICKO's Avatar
 
Drives: SSICKO
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 722
great lookin ride here, i think it helped me decide to buy a zl1 grille
__________________
Slowhawk Performance Built & Tuned
SSICKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #114
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK1201 View Post
great lookin ride here, i think it helped me decide to buy a zl1 grille
Glad I could help!! It makes a big difference, I love it. And now showstopper is working on a really cool looking illuminated ZL1 grille.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #115
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Holy Crap using Fbodfather's figures for 2012,


So out of all the cars built:

68.66% of All SS's were Auto V8s (18,790 Auto / 27,365 total)
18.47% of total were 2SS (16,682 2SS coupe / 90,310 total)
3.54% of 2SS's were beige leather (591 Beige / 16,682 total 2SS)
0.65% of TOTAL were Beige Leather 2SS models
2.88% of total were Crystal Red (2,606 CRT/ 90,310 total)


2012 RS breakdown by trim isnt avail for RS, so i used 2011.
for 2011, 62.88% of Total had the RS package (67,272 Total RS / 106,987 Total)
For 2011, 47.14% of RS packages were 2SS (31,713 2SS/RS / 67,272 Total RS)


For 2012:
52.29% of Total had the RS Package (47,221 Total RS / 90,310 Total)
22,260 Of RS packages were (probably) 2SS ( 47,221 Total RS x 47.14% 2011 2SS/RS total= 22260)

90.86% of 2SS's were (probably) RS (22,260 2SS/RS / 24,498 Total 2SS)



Which makes mine:

0.65% of the total Camaros were Beige Leather 2SS's
68.66% of those were probably Automatic
= 0.44% are Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS's


2.88% of those were Crystal Red tintcoat
= .00012672% of all camaros are CRT, Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS's


90.86% of those had the RS package
= .000115137% of all 2012 camaros are CRT, Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS/RS's


90,310 x .000115137% = 10.39


My car is probably 1 in 11.



The only thing I cant be sure of, is the color, the color is for all cars. So if the proportion is off from CRT/All Cars and CRT/Beige 2SS's, then it could be higher or lower
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #116
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 3,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Holy Crap using Fbodfather's figures for 2012,


So out of all the cars built:

68.66% of All SS's were Auto V8s (18,790 Auto / 27,365 total)
18.47% of total were 2SS (16,682 2SS coupe / 90,310 total)
3.54% of 2SS's were beige leather (591 Beige / 16,682 total 2SS)
0.65% of TOTAL were Beige Leather 2SS models
2.88% of total were Crystal Red (2,606 CRT/ 90,310 total)


2012 RS breakdown by trim isnt avail for RS, so i used 2011.
for 2011, 62.88% of Total had the RS package (67,272 Total RS / 106,987 Total)
For 2011, 47.14% of RS packages were 2SS (31,713 2SS/RS / 67,272 Total RS)


For 2012:
52.29% of Total had the RS Package (47,221 Total RS / 90,310 Total)
22,260 Of RS packages were (probably) 2SS ( 47,221 Total RS x 47.14% 2011 2SS/RS total= 22260)

90.86% of 2SS's were (probably) RS (22,260 2SS/RS / 24,498 Total 2SS)



Which makes mine:

0.65% of the total Camaros were Beige Leather 2SS's
68.66% of those were probably Automatic
= 0.44% are Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS's


2.88% of those were Crystal Red tintcoat
= .00012672% of all camaros are CRT, Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS's


90.86% of those had the RS package
= .000115137% of all 2012 camaros are CRT, Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS/RS's


90,310 x .000115137% = 10.39


My car is probably 1 in 11.



The only thing I cant be sure of, is the color, the color is for all cars. So if the proportion is off from CRT/All Cars and CRT/Beige 2SS's, then it could be higher or lower
So much math hahaha
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #117
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
So much math hahaha
Im an accountant and I was bored at work for a few minutes lol
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #118
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Holy Crap using Fbodfather's figures for 2012,


So out of all the cars built:

68.66% of All SS's were Auto V8s (18,790 Auto / 27,365 total)
18.47% of total were 2SS (16,682 2SS coupe / 90,310 total)
3.54% of 2SS's were beige leather (591 Beige / 16,682 total 2SS)
0.65% of TOTAL were Beige Leather 2SS models
2.88% of total were Crystal Red (2,606 CRT/ 90,310 total)


2012 RS breakdown by trim isnt avail for RS, so i used 2011.
for 2011, 62.88% of Total had the RS package (67,272 Total RS / 106,987 Total)
For 2011, 47.14% of RS packages were 2SS (31,713 2SS/RS / 67,272 Total RS)


For 2012:
52.29% of Total had the RS Package (47,221 Total RS / 90,310 Total)
22,260 Of RS packages were (probably) 2SS ( 47,221 Total RS x 47.14% 2011 2SS/RS total= 22260)

90.86% of 2SS's were (probably) RS (22,260 2SS/RS / 24,498 Total 2SS)



Which makes mine:

0.65% of the total Camaros were Beige Leather 2SS's
68.66% of those were probably Automatic
= 0.44% are Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS's


2.88% of those were Crystal Red tintcoat
= .00012672% of all camaros are CRT, Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS's


90.86% of those had the RS package
= .000115137% of all 2012 camaros are CRT, Auto, Beige Leather, 2SS/RS's


90,310 x .000115137% = 10.39


My car is probably 1 in 11.



The only thing I cant be sure of, is the color, the color is for all cars. So if the proportion is off from CRT/All Cars and CRT/Beige 2SS's, then it could be higher or lower

Or ALL of the beige cars are autos.
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #119
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 6,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Or ALL of the beige cars are autos.

Hahahah, you're probably right! and all the beige auto's have women drivers except mine .

My first 4th gen was VR with the beige/black interior. My second 4th gen I changed every piece in the interior to black and didnt like it, so i made the seats dark gray/black. The beige is two tone enough that the beige isnt crazy. But the gray seats make the carpet gray so I didnt want that.

And I had to time ordering CRT just right, you only had a few week window to order them, cause they were only being built for a month or two as a 2012 model, and it takes a few weeks to actually build them so I got lucky on that.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
beige, black, crystal, l99, red

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.