Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #26
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
I'll have to accomplish this mod tomorrow. Been raining all day today here in eastern NC.
Lets us know how that goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Same, very useful thread. Thanks!
Glad I can help!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #27
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Ok there seems to be some slight confusion as to what fuse to pull for the NPP exhaust modification. My intention is to clear up any confusion. I didn't take alot of pictures but I will take some more tomorrow and update certain areas to make this as painful as possible for those that will be attempting to do this. Install literally took 15mins and thats including fastening the cargo net plastic pieces. The vehicle used was a 2013 2SS/RS 1LE. For those wondering about pulling an engine code, you should not worry. I have not pulled a code thus far and haven't heard of anyone doing so. You only have to pull the fuse, do not pull the relay. This is only for the 2013 Camaro equipped with the NPP (Dual-mode exhaust).

Install/Uninstall Estimate:
10-15mins or less

Tools
Flashlight (if neccessary)
Fuse puller (if neccessary)

Fuse box is located in the trunk on the right side (passenger) behind the carpet panel. The fuse box is located behind the red square.
Attachment 458550

If needed there is a fuse puller located in the fuse box which is located underneath the hood. The fuse box is outlined in red.
Attachment 458265

1. Unfasten (1) flat black plastic revit
Attachment 458546
Attachment 458250

2. Unfasten (6) black plastic cargo net screws
Attachment 458547
Attachment 458251

3. Simply pull back the carpet to access the fuse box located in the trunk on the passenger side. Use a flash light if too dark.
Attachment 458269

4. Open the fuse box and locate F8. It should read "EXH FLAP" 10a. Pull the fuse with the fuse puller(located underneath the hood on the left side) if needed.
Attachment 458253

5. Now simply repeat steps 1-4 in reverse order to put everything back together. If you want to go back to stock, simply put the F8 fuse back in.

6. With the F8 fuse being pulled now the exhaust flaps will stay open, at any RPM and/or gear. You'll now witness the sound of god at any given time.

I hope this clears up some confusion on what to do and which fuse to pull. Any questions please feel free to ask, I can try and help the best way I can. Keep in mind also your stock 2013 Camaro with NPP, the exhaust flaps will stay open at idle/start up. This mod is only makes the flaps stay open all the time.
Your forgot the top carpet rivet, I found that when put the carpet back in. Thank goodness I did not tear my carpet taking it out.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #28
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Your forgot the top carpet rivet, I found that when put the carpet back in. Thank goodness I did not tear my carpet taking it out.
I'll update this, its been rainy the past couple of days! Thanks.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-16-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #29
Harley Kidd

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6, Hurst
Thanks for the post and instruction. I did this a couple of days ago on my 13' 2SS and now I like my car even better.
Harley Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #30
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Kidd View Post
Thanks for the post and instruction. I did this a couple of days ago on my 13' 2SS and now I like my car even better.
Glad I could help!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #31
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
+1, much thanks!

Did the Fuse Pull...and the wow-factor just spiked!
ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #32
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1ster View Post
+1, much thanks!

Did the Fuse Pull...and the wow-factor just spiked!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #33
camguynj

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM LS3 NPP
Great specs, thanks. In other posts regarding how to get to fuse box to install Mild2Wild exhaust controller it mentions & shows the need to lift the rubber trim on top of the liner. Did you have to touch that at all ? Also, the top liner rivet can be removed fairly easly with a hard plastic trim tool without ripping the liner . It will bend some of the rivet threads but it can still be used to put back in.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Great specs, thanks. In other posts regarding how to get to fuse box to install Mild2Wild exhaust controller it mentions & shows the need to lift the rubber trim on top of the liner. Did you have to touch that at all ? Also, the top liner rivet can be removed fairly easly with a hard plastic trim tool without ripping the liner . It will bend some of the rivet threads but it can still be used to put back in.
Rubber trim? Not sure what that is? Did the DIY work for you?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #35
camguynj

Here' the rubber trim piece (ie. deck lid seal) I was referring to in the other post about how to get to the fuse box to install the Mild2Wild controller... "Remove the deck lid seal...just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out." Did you have to lift the trunk latch carpet panel in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel to access ther fuse box?

I have not yet done the DIY. I just removed the rivets to see how hard the top one was to remove. I'm currently waiting on the Mild2Wild controller to come b4 procedding, but I'd like to do the "fuse pull" first using your technique.
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, LED Footwells ,Dome & Door Pull, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #36
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Did mine with finally filming:
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #37
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Did mine with finally filming:
To get to the fuse box were you able to lift up the passenger side carpet panel (after removing rivets & net fasteners) without having to lift up the carpet panel under the trunk latch?
Underbody LEDs, LED Footwells ,Dome & Door Pull, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #38
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Here' the rubber trim piece (ie. deck lid seal) I was referring to in the other post about how to get to the fuse box to install the Mild2Wild controller... "Remove the deck lid seal...just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out." Did you have to lift the trunk latch carpet panel in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel to access ther fuse box?

I have not yet done the DIY. I just removed the rivets to see how hard the top one was to remove. I'm currently waiting on the Mild2Wild controller to come b4 procedding, but I'd like to do the "fuse pull" first using your technique.
Oh, ok. I'll take a pic of that area to include in the DIY.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Oh, ok. I'll take a pic of that area to include in the DIY.
I've seen pic's of it in the other post. I just want to know did you have to remove the deck lid seal just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel ?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #40
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
I've seen pic's of it in the other post. I just want to know did you have to remove the deck lid seal just enough to pull the trunk latch carpet panel up and out in order to lift the passenger side carpet panel ?
I didn't have to remove a seal. Just had to pull the carpet down from the fastener on the top of the truck.

It took literally 5mins for everything.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #41
camguynj

Quote:
I didn't have to remove a seal. Just had to pull the carpet down from the fastener on the top of the truck.

It took literally 5mins for everything.
Good, thanks for clarifying as I really wasn't looking forward to lifting up the trunk seal. Thanks again for the quick replies.

I'm an ole muscle car driver from back in the day ...prior vehicles: new '66 GTO, new '66 442 (everybody who didn't go to college had em)... I went at nite after being drafted. Now that I'm retired I got myself a new one again. 6 speed 426HP with Hurst short shifter with CAGS eliminator,NPP and aqua LED inside & underneath. I'm 18 again! Really helps to have the forum with guys like you sharing.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #42
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Good, thanks for clarifying as I really wasn't looking forward to lifting up the trunk seal. Thanks again for the quick replies.

I'm an ole muscle car driver from back in the day ...prior vehicles: new '66 GTO, new '66 442 (everybody who didn't go to college had em)... I went at nite after being drafted. Now that I'm retired I got myself a new one again. 6 speed 426HP with Hurst short shifter with CAGS eliminator,NPP and aqua LED inside & underneath. I'm 18 again! Really helps to have the forum with guys like you sharing.
No problem! This site has helped me in sooo many ways the least I can do is put a DIY up for this. I didn't see anyone who had one so I snapped a few pics and wrote one up. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Hope it helps!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #43
camguynj

Quote:
No problem! This site has helped me in sooo many ways the least I can do is put a DIY up for this. I didn't see anyone who had one so I snapped a few pics and wrote one up. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Hope it helps!
Did the fuse pull today. Took about 10 mins. No rips or tears. Now it sounds like the 60's big block muscle cars sounded all the time ...you gotta love it ! Drone not a factor.

I would add to the instructns to use a trim tool to remove the top passngr side rivet, and after unscrewing the cargo net covers from the trunk trim ,to pull the trunk trim panel down a little & out on the passngr side to enable pulling out the passngr side carpet panel from behind it to give you clear access to the fuse box. Thanks again.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #44
icalfan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Great mod. I love the new sound. Quick and easy.
icalfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #45
sanjoes1969

Drives: Drives:2013 ZL1 BLK M6
Fuse Pull..

Just did it went way easy 10min tops. Will be driving more today got a long ways to go :( picked it up yesterday and only have 135 mi. on it. Well gota go going for a drive

Name:  2013-02-05_12-48-35_323.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  83.4 KB
sanjoes1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #46
imorales
The Black Beast

Drives: 2012 SS2/RS package
sorry guys ...i have a 2012 ss2/rs automatic w paddle shifters. i notice the exhaust sound louder on certain days. does mine have the fuse pull option?
imorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #47
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by imorales View Post
sorry guys ...i have a 2012 ss2/rs automatic w paddle shifters. i notice the exhaust sound louder on certain days. does mine have the fuse pull option?
I don't think so as i beleive it is only an option for manual V8s. The option code would appear as NPP on your sticker.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #48
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Did the fuse pull today. Took about 10 mins. No rips or tears. Now it sounds like the 60's big block muscle cars sounded all the time ...you gotta love it ! Drone not a factor.

I would add to the instructns to use a trim tool to remove the top passngr side rivet, and after unscrewing the cargo net covers from the trunk trim ,to pull the trunk trim panel down a little & out on the passngr side to enable pulling out the passngr side carpet panel from behind it to give you clear access to the fuse box. Thanks again.
No problem! I've learned many things on the camaro5.com forum and this is the easiest way I could do to give back. I searched around once I had the NPP on my vehicle and couldn't find any answers so I created this for anyone that had the same issue. Glad everything worked out!

I'll add the trim tool as a tool you can use, I never used one/dont own one so I didn't include it. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icalfan View Post
Great mod. I love the new sound. Quick and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoes1969 View Post
Just did it went way easy 10min tops. Will be driving more today got a long ways to go :( picked it up yesterday and only have 135 mi. on it. Well gota go going for a drive

Attachment 477244
NICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imorales View Post
Unfortunately, the only model to feature the NPP exhaust in 2012 was the ZL1. It comes in the MY2013 models as an option but is stock for 2012+ ZL1s
Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #49
SKANLEZ

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Sorry for the noob question, but pulling this fuze will make my exhaust sound better? Wth!! I need to do this hahahaha. I have a 2010 SS 6 Speed, so this would benefit my exhaust sound?

Mods

Custom Hood
Black Rear Berger Panel
Magna Flow Exhaust
Hurst short shifter
ADM cold air intake
Pedders Drop Springs (1.0/1.5)
Niche Apex Wheels 20x10.5 all around 35+ offset
315/35/20 rear and 275/40/20 front tires
Red Calipers
SKANLEZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #50
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKANLEZ View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but pulling this fuze will make my exhaust sound better? Wth!! I need to do this hahahaha. I have a 2010 SS 6 Speed, so this would benefit my exhaust sound?
NO The fuse pull is only for SSs with the NPP exhaust option ( which only became avaialabe in the '13 SS models).