Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
Yes over a 1000HP from a GM V6.



Here is a twin turbo 4.3L V6. This motor can handle over 20lbs of boost. I think with the forged internals, new injectors, new fuel system, stroker kit and other supporting mods we can get our cars well into ZL1 territory. I don't ever want to upgrade to a V8 to get this kind of power. Its just ashame that the LFX has a way better ECU as us LLT guys may never make it past 450hp.

Just thought I would post to those who still ignorantly believe "There's no replacement for displacement".
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
blackTT600

 
Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 908
I love NRE that thing is SICK NASTY!!!!! wish I had the money for them to jump in to my build!
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
I'd swap this in my 2LT if I could.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,185
Well unless we can get someone else (possibly IPF?) try try a hand at turning a high HP turbo LLT, I don't think we will see much past 450rwhp or so on the LLT either (plus the LFX apparantly sends more fuel than the LLT so that is another issue).

But you talk ZL1 territory.....just take a look at Gretchens TT LFX car. His car is pretty much already capable of raping a 2013 GT500. I have no doubt a good tune on a TT LLT could run right with a ZL1.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well unless we can get someone else (possibly IPF?) try try a hand at turning a high HP turbo LLT, I don't think we will see much past 450rwhp or so on the LLT either (plus the LFX apparantly sends more fuel than the LLT so that is another issue).

But you talk ZL1 territory.....just take a look at Gretchens TT LFX car. His car is pretty much already capable of raping a 2013 GT500. I have no doubt a good tune on a TT LLT could run right with a ZL1.
Yeah, that's why one of my goals is to do sub 11.5 in full street dress.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Sikoriko

 
Sikoriko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,388
That will not fit in my engine bay, have sawzaw, thin wheels,
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 3,446
I got to go up against a ZL1 once as a third leg and didn't get beat by much. Got beat by 3 car lengths. Was impressed, but I was running meth and 10#'s at the time. Aint running that much power again until I can get some new pistons. So I know Derrick can kill ZL1 in street mode.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I got to go up against a ZL1 once as a third leg and didn't get beat by much. Got beat by 3 car lengths. Was impressed, but I was running meth and 10#'s at the time. Aint running that much power again until I can get some new pistons. So I know Derrick can kill ZL1 in street mode.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
Cymaro
 
Cymaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 166
I'm curious as to how much Hp and tq the new 4.3 L truck v6 is going to have. I wonder if that could be a drop in motor for our cars, going to be DI so slap a couple turbos on it and see what it can do.
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
jordan 572

 
jordan 572's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 1,720
I just don't understand how come some don't start with a v8. It costs a lot less to get a 1000 hp out of an ls3 & I agree for the most part that there is no replacement for displacement but for me who doesn't want to have a big engine?
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymaro View Post
I'm curious as to how much Hp and tq the new 4.3 L truck v6 is going to have. I wonder if that could be a drop in motor for our cars, going to be DI so slap a couple turbos on it and see what it can do.
I'm also very curious to see this.

I think that it should be fairly obvious since it will be for "truck duty" that it will be tuned and cammed accordingly for torque, but still be fairly efficient with good power.

Although it is 4.3 and quite a bit larger than our 3.6...I don't really expect the HP to be any higher than the LFX 323. I wouldn't be suprised if HP is lower. But I would expect a nice jump in torque over the 3.6 or at least for the peak torque to occur much lower in the RPM range.

The old 4.3 had high tq, but low HP....but I don't know if that will be the case with this one. I have a feeling its HP numbers will be decent. I'm going to guess them evenly at 310hp/310TQ, which puts it very competitive to the outgoing 5.3 V8.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
Cymaro
 
Cymaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm also very curious to see this.

I think that it should be fairly obvious since it will be for "truck duty" that it will be tuned and cammed accordingly for torque, but still be fairly efficient with good power.

Although it is 4.3 and quite a bit larger than our 3.6...I don't really expect the HP to be any higher than the LFX 323. I wouldn't be suprised if HP is lower. But I would expect a nice jump in torque over the 3.6 or at least for the peak torque to occur much lower in the RPM range.

The old 4.3 had high tq, but low HP....but I don't know if that will be the case with this one. I have a feeling its HP numbers will be decent. I'm going to guess them evenly at 310hp/310TQ, which puts it very competitive to the outgoing 5.3 V8.

It's going to have to be greater than or equal to 310 hp to match the f150 for sure, but yes very interested to see what tq will be. This could be a very economial option for a drop in instead of bore/stroke out LLTs. Very cool.
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymaro View Post
It's going to have to be greater than or equal to 310 hp to match the f150 for sure, but yes very interested to see what tq will be. This could be a very economial option for a drop in instead of bore/stroke out LLTs. Very cool.
Well this engine is not made to go against the Ford Ecoboost V6...that is what the new 5.3 is made to do as GM claims its efficency is also improved over the old one which wasn't bad in the first place.

As for Fords 3.7 V6 engine, the 310HP figure I pulled out of my rear end may not be much more, but the torque should be much better....which is where it counts.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #14
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Wish I could put that thing in my 1LT
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.