Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 3,413
Engine management systems

So I been on the GM V6 CLUB Facebook page with the Aus. LLT and LFX owners and some are actually using a small piggy back. There are two the Haltech and MoTec being used. With Haltech being the preferred one as it allows more features. It's mainly only supported overseas but found two dealers in Arizona for the Haltech. The Haltech PS2000 is their flagship model and been reading up on it. Looks promising but according to the owners you need a VERY good tech, the cost of the unit that is selected, and about $1500 to get running right. They have been using it to tune their boosted cars not N/A. Now to win the Lotto to see this in action lmao!!

http://www.haltech.com/

http://www.motec.com/aboutecu/ecuoverview/
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,914
Now that's interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers & Cats/ Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB)
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
hunterv6
Always bet on Black
 
hunterv6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Concord Nc
Posts: 1,904
I notice that too. Trying to research it s well.


Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
So I been on the GM V6 CLUB Facebook page with the Aus. LLT and LFX owners and some are actually using a small piggy back. There are two the Haltech and MoTec being used. With Haltech being the preferred one as it allows more features. It's mainly only supported overseas but found two dealers in Arizona for the Haltech. The Haltech PS2000 is their flagship model and been reading up on it. Looks promising but according to the owners you need a VERY good tech, the cost of the unit that is selected, and about $1500 to get running right. They have been using it to tune their boosted cars not N/A. Now to win the Lotto to see this in action lmao!!

http://www.haltech.com/

http://www.motec.com/aboutecu/ecuoverview/

We are a Haltech USA dealer... I have personally used the Haltech Sport 2000 in piggyback systems before.. One is in a 2006 C6Z06 with a Novi 2500 supercharger, 427ci RHS motor that with a powerglide swapped in went 8.57 and normally John drives it around with a manual 6-speed in it with BOOST BY GEAR controlled by the Haltech.

The other one is in a 2003 C5 8.90 index car. Both systems work flawlessly with stock ECU controlling items like dashboard inputs (So your cluster works fine).

We're working with Eric @ Haltech now about implementing a plug n play harness into the E38 for the Camaro's (Wonder whose Camaro will have a Haltech soon). He has a 2003 C5 himself that I had sold him while I was at ECS a Novi 2000 kit off of Doug's race car, he implemented the Haltech Sport 2000 with a flex-fuel sensor to run dual maps for Gasoline and E85.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,500
Sorry guys.. No Direct Injection control through the Haltech EMS yet...
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,914
Ugh, why must you tempt us like this Matt?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers & Cats/ Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB)
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Ugh, why must you tempt us like this Matt?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

Motec has Port/Direct Injection in their Motec M1 ECU.. Right now I believe that ECU is application specific only, and not just the regular Joe can purchase that particular ECU yet without approval from Motec. So good luck, oh and if it has a similar price tag to most of the Motec products you are looking $4k+ minimum. One of the best standalone ECU's out there though.

The Haltech IMO is the best , most competitively priced and features available. The software looks a bit like the Motec stuff.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 3,413
I don't understand how it doesn't support DI when there's LLT and LFX owners running the HalTech? They also agree that HalTech is the preferred choice. I don't have the funds to venture down this road. But was putting out there for others. But they did point out there are some features that have to be turned off for it to work properly. Maybe this is how they get it to work with DI?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I don't understand how it doesn't support DI when there's LLT and LFX owners running the HalTech? They also agree that HalTech is the preferred choice. I don't have the funds to venture down this road. But was putting out there for others. But they did point out there are some features that have to be turned off for it to work properly. Maybe this is how they get it to work with DI?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Please show me them... I deal direct with Haltech USA, he tells me not yet and it won't be immediate by no means.. However, maybe there is something in the Aussie range -- but I would think it would be available on our USA side ?

Edit: I think I see what you are talking about now there is a center in Australia that does the tuning on the SIDI stuff.. But it does not say that they use the Haltech, just that they tune Haltech...

If it would work I'd have no problem putting together a whole package, but to be warned the V8 package tuned runs in at $4300-6500 depending on options.

- Matt

Last edited by Matt @ FSP; 02-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 3,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Please show me them... I deal direct with Haltech USA, he tells me not yet and it won't be immediate by no means.. However, maybe there is something in the Aussie range -- but I would think it would be available on our USA side ?

Edit: I think I see what you are talking about now there is a center in Australia that does the tuning on the SIDI stuff.. But it does not say that they use the Haltech, just that they tune Haltech...

If it would work I'd have no problem putting together a whole package, but to be warned the V8 package tuned runs in at $4300-6500 depending on options.

- Matt
Here you go Matt, maybe you can get some better information from them. You have the knowledge to talk about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GMSIXCYL/
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
Matt @ FSP

 
Matt @ FSP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Here you go Matt, maybe you can get some better information from them. You have the knowledge to talk about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GMSIXCYL/
Great one of my least favorite websites lol... I have the notion that if I did not want to talk to you 10 years ago, I still don't

However, I do have to sign up for a business account so I'll have to pop on there.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 3,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Great one of my least favorite websites lol... I have the notion that if I did not want to talk to you 10 years ago, I still don't

However, I do have to sign up for a business account so I'll have to pop on there.
I get exactly where your coming from. I'm on there only for family and close friends. If it wasn't for this group I hardly ever go on the site. Give us a link to your page when you are done with it. Would like to add it to my small "Like" list!
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.