Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
jpwickl

Drives: 2013 2LT Convertible
Since people constantly ask...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchVehicles

Here is the website for you to search for complaints, recalls, and TSBs about our beloved Camaros, and any others.

I am sure that this has been posted before, but I just wanted to help some of the newer members like me.
jpwickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Moved to the Camaro issues/warranty subforum.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
HOLY CRAP, read the first entry..

"THE CONTACT OWNS A 2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE DRIVER WAS TRAVELING OVER A TWO MILE STRETCH WHEN THE VEHICLE SUDDENLY AND RAPIDLY ACCELERATED WITHOUT WARNING. THE VEHICLE ACCELERATED TO 110 MPH AND PROCEEDED TO TRAVEL THROUGH A FOUR-WAY STOP SIGN. THE DRIVER THEN ENGAGED THE EMERGENCY BRAKE IN AN ATTEMPT TO STOP THE UNINTENDED ACCELERATION AND THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE BECAME ERRATICALLY UNCONTROLLABLE. THE VEHICLE THEN TRAVELED OVER A CURB AND CRASHED INTO THE SIDE OF A RESIDENCE. THE AIR BAGS FAILED TO DEPLOY. THE DRIVER WAS KILLED IN THE IMPACT. THE VEHICLE WAS NOT INSPECTED FOR THE CAUSE OF THE FAILURE. A POLICE REPORT WAS NOT FILED. THE FAILURE AND THE CURRENT MILEAGE WAS 22,000. THE VIN WAS NOT AVAILABLE. "
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Childs Play
Is this thing working?

Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
HOLY CRAP, read the first entry..

"THE CONTACT OWNS A 2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE DRIVER WAS TRAVELING OVER A TWO MILE STRETCH WHEN THE VEHICLE SUDDENLY AND RAPIDLY ACCELERATED WITHOUT WARNING. THE VEHICLE ACCELERATED TO 110 MPH AND PROCEEDED TO TRAVEL THROUGH A FOUR-WAY STOP SIGN. THE DRIVER THEN ENGAGED THE EMERGENCY BRAKE IN AN ATTEMPT TO STOP THE UNINTENDED ACCELERATION AND THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE BECAME ERRATICALLY UNCONTROLLABLE. THE VEHICLE THEN TRAVELED OVER A CURB AND CRASHED INTO THE SIDE OF A RESIDENCE. THE AIR BAGS FAILED TO DEPLOY. THE DRIVER WAS KILLED IN THE IMPACT. THE VEHICLE WAS NOT INSPECTED FOR THE CAUSE OF THE FAILURE. A POLICE REPORT WAS NOT FILED. THE FAILURE AND THE CURRENT MILEAGE WAS 22,000. THE VIN WAS NOT AVAILABLE. "
Dang. I feel like throwing it into neutral would have been the best course of action here. I'd gladly let the engine destroy itself instead of this happening. Although... This for some reason does not add up. Maybe it's true. If it is well... That sucks :/ Sounds like Toyota all over again.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I just want to know how they know it was stuck if he was killed? and also no vin? sounds kinda funky.

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote