Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #15
Sack Rat 2SS

 
Sack Rat 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DFW area, Texas
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
I know I will get trolled for asking this, but how many mpg do you anticipate losing due to the E85 conversion? I only ask because I daily my Z, but am very interested in this route.
Drew, when my car was NA and with 3:70 rear gears I was geting 18 to 19 MPG on pump gas in combined city/freeway. The year I was on E85 I got 14 to 14.5 combined. This is on a 7L motor, not a 6.2. Bottom line you should expect close to 25 to 30% less mileage with E85. Puts a damper on taking road trips. Hope this helps answer some of what you are asking.
__________________
Silver 2SS/RS Man/6
CTS-V front 6-Piston Calipers,
GM 3.91 Rear Gears
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
Drew P
 
Drew P's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 233
Thanks.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #17
gkviper192
 
gkviper192's Avatar
 
Drives: TBSS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 86
Great info, thanks for sharing!
gkviper192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,771
Adm is here for the customer

Adm Performance is here to show what can be done with this
Awesome machine.We thank you for listening.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #19
Trackman

 
Trackman's Avatar
 
Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,280
Trackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
Frank Tamez
 
Drives: 2011 Duramax
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Yakima WA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Adm Performance is here to show what can be done with this
Awesome machine.We thank you for listening.
Are you going to be selling a kit for this?
Frank Tamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Tamez View Post
Are you going to be selling a kit for this?
The package is still under development and testing
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
Whos_Drivin

 
Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 844
Sorry, ethanol is new to me, but what are the risks with running it? I know reduced mileage and need for upgrading injectors, but what's the risk to the LSA and fuel system? Will it eat up the gaskets or shorten the fuel pump life? What's all needed to upgrade to E85?

Again, sorry for the questions. I'm very interested in the potential of that octane level with this engine.
__________________
2012 ZL1: M6, Rotofab CAI, ATI balancer w/8.66 overdrive, PFADT long tube headers w/cats

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #23
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
Sorry, ethanol is new to me, but what are the risks with running it? I know reduced mileage and need for upgrading injectors, but what's the risk to the LSA and fuel system? Will it eat up the gaskets or shorten the fuel pump life? What's all needed to upgrade to E85?

Again, sorry for the questions. I'm very interested in the potential of that octane level with this engine.
Great fuel pump,injectors,tune is all you need.Might as well add more boost just to take advantage.

It will not hurt anything in your car if the proper parts are purchased.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #24
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature
 
Drives: Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,302
Seeing builds like this is better than sex. lol

(well, almost as good......) lol
__________________
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #25
PWRHSEZL1
 
PWRHSEZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 #2419
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Weatherford, Tx
Posts: 290
E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Great fuel pump,injectors,tune is all you need.Might as well add more boost just to take advantage.

It will not hurt anything in your car if the proper parts are purchased.
So no adverse effects have been seen in this car since it has been running E85 for a while now? I am planning my build to tune for E85 along with ID850 injectors, 2.5 upper, 8.6 lower, solid isolator, double bearing idler, CAI, & of course a Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump Kit. Just wanted to ask if you think that the aeromotive pump kit will be enough as it states that it supports 1000hp Forced induction? Just looking for some input as I am planning to get started within the next month or so.
PWRHSEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #26
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRHSEZL1 View Post
So no adverse effects have been seen in this car since it has been running E85 for a while now? I am planning my build to tune for E85 along with ID850 injectors, 2.5 upper, 8.6 lower, solid isolator, double bearing idler, CAI, & of course a Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump Kit. Just wanted to ask if you think that the aeromotive pump kit will be enough as it states that it supports 1000hp Forced induction? Just looking for some input as I am planning to get started within the next month or so.
In my opinion dont run aero motive .
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
PWRHSEZL1
 
PWRHSEZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 #2419
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Weatherford, Tx
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
In my opinion dont run aero motive .
What else do you suggest I run instead?
PWRHSEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #28
jasycz28
J.Sick
 
jasycz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRHSEZL1 View Post
What else do you suggest I run instead?
My guess:
Squash twin 400LPH fuel pump
__________________
"J.Sick"
2010 Camaro 2SS
jasycz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.