Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!
 
Dragonlady's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 918
Annual Canadian Show N Shine

On July 19th, heading up to Canada for a Show n Shine in Lillooet, B.C.. This is an annual, no judging event and is a fun little show. All proceeds go back into the community and the hosts make some excellent burgers
The actual show is Saturday, July 20th, 9am at the local rec center. (NO you can't drive by and miss it). It is about a 7 hour drive from Seattle.
It's a great scenic drive and hoping that some of my fellow Canadians can meet up with us

Name:  L2.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  L3.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  166.5 KB

Name:  L4.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  lillooet.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  122.6 KB
__________________
Good friends don't let you do stupid things.....alone.....

Last edited by Dragonlady; 02-14-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
1LeSS
 
1LeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Prince George, B.C.
Posts: 422
Do you head up there as a group and enter the showN Shine or just go to walk around and take in the sights? I'm in northern BC and when I saw this, thought maybe I should put it on my list of places to go this year.
Tried googling the event but only got this post and last years newspaper account of it taking place.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..
 
With envy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LeSS View Post
Do you head up there as a group and enter the showN Shine or just go to walk around and take in the sights? I'm in northern BC and when I saw this, thought maybe I should put it on my list of places to go this year.
Tried googling the event but only got this post and last years newspaper account of it taking place.
Last year we traveled up with just our car and the silver Camaro you see in the pictures. It starts with entering our car in the show-n-shine on Saturday morning. We hang around, chat and look at cars until the show wraps up in the early afternoon. (It's just an exhibition, not a judged show, so you can leave anytime you want.) After that we did some sightseeing. On Saturday night they close down a section of the main street in Lillooet, set up a beer garden, and have bands playing.
This year we are trying to get a few more cars together and form a Camarovan coming up from the US. Perhaps picking up some lower mainland BC Camaros along the way. Coming down from the North, I doubt that you'd want to drive all the way to Abbotsford to join us, (although you are welcome to if you were so inclined) but you could always meet up with us in Lillooet, or someplace along the line.
__________________
It's a Camaro thing...
Not everybody who drives a Camaro "gets it"...But everybody that "gets it", drives a Camaro! -GG

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!
 
Dragonlady's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LeSS View Post
Do you head up there as a group and enter the showN Shine or just go to walk around and take in the sights? I'm in northern BC and when I saw this, thought maybe I should put it on my list of places to go this year.
Tried googling the event but only got this post and last years newspaper account of it taking place.
I'm in contact with the organizer and she will send me a flyer as soon as she has one done. I will post it as soon as I get it. I tried finding an old one on line also, but it is Lillooet (Born and raised there) I know that there other events that go on during the week end. If you golf, bring your clubs and you can participate in the golf tourney. The ShowNShine is short; 9-2, and for a little community, there is an amazing turnout. I'll find out what time the gates open too. ( I believe it opens at 8:00.)
We can also do a nice cruise, the scenery is endless there, no matter which direction we take. Lots of twisties
I have a list of lodging available. If we get enough participants I might be able to swing a better rate too. My room is already booked at my Mom's!
__________________
Good friends don't let you do stupid things.....alone.....
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,215
I wish I could say yes to that run, but that's a Big Race weekend on our schedule. We are two time defending Champions and were looking for our third Wally.



Attached Images
 
__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
1LeSS
 
1LeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Prince George, B.C.
Posts: 422
Just read the title of this thread, Annual Canadian Show n Shine. Lol, are we really that small up here?

But anyways keep me posted on dates and times, especially if theres a big enough group for hotel discounts. Im probably in.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green
 
GrnMchin's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Nova SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I wish I could say yes to that run, but that's a Big Race weekend on our schedule. We are two time defending Champions and were looking for our third Wally.





I had that time off too, but a Wally is priority # 1
__________________
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
iceman5730
Iceman
 
iceman5730's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT SC/RS CGM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chilliwack British Columbia Canada
Posts: 639
maybe were in on this one See if I can gain some more interest [/CODE]
__________________
iceman5730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post


I had that time off too, but a Wally is priority # 1
Good time to come up for a race weekend.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #10
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green
 
GrnMchin's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Nova SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
Good time to come up for a race weekend.

hell ya.
__________________
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #11
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
maybe were in on this one See if I can gain some more interest [/CODE]
I'm sure you could. Your assignment should you choose to accept is to be the leader of the BC Crew.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
hell ya.
K will have to work on that then.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Last year we traveled up with just our car and the silver Camaro you see in the pictures. It starts with entering our car in the show-n-shine on Saturday morning. We hang around, chat and look at cars until the show wraps up in the early afternoon. (It's just an exhibition, not a judged show, so you can leave anytime you want.) After that we did some sightseeing. On Saturday night they close down a section of the main street in Lillooet, set up a beer garden, and have bands playing.
This year we are trying to get a few more cars together and form a Camarovan coming up from the US. Perhaps picking up some lower mainland BC Camaros along the way. Coming down from the North, I doubt that you'd want to drive all the way to Abbotsford to join us, (although you are welcome to if you were so inclined) but you could always meet up with us in Lillooet, or someplace along the line.
If you are leaving Friday you could make a pit stop at Mission Raceway Park. Twenty minutes from the Sumas border and then you could up the north side of the Fraser River to Hope and beyond.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!
 
Dragonlady's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I wish I could say yes to that run, but that's a Big Race weekend on our schedule. We are two time defending Champions and were looking for our third Wally.



go Merc go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LeSS View Post
Just read the title of this thread, Annual Canadian Show n Shine. Lol, are we really that small up here?

But anyways keep me posted on dates and times, especially if theres a big enough group for hotel discounts. Im probably in.
LOL Did that more for the American side....


Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
maybe were in on this one See if I can gain some more interest [/CODE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I'm sure you could. Your assignment should you choose to accept is to be the leader of the BC Crew.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
If you are leaving Friday you could make a pit stop at Mission Raceway Park. Twenty minutes from the Sumas border and then you could up the north side of the Fraser River to Hope and beyond.

I'm liking that idea. It's been a long time since I've done that side of the river and I'm sure my travel buddies wouldn't mind watching a little race
__________________
Good friends don't let you do stupid things.....alone.....
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!
 
Dragonlady's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 918
I know this is last years event, but it gives an idea about what is happening.
http://ride.vcmbc.com/?p=1078
__________________
Good friends don't let you do stupid things.....alone.....
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!
 
Dragonlady's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 918
Sounds like some of our PNWCC members might be joining us.
Have started a beginning agenda.
Friday July 19th
Depart Smokey Point, WA 7am
Stop by Mission Raceways, Mission B.C., around 10:30am. Watch some of the trials.
Around 1pm head out, stop in Hope around 2ish for lunch.
Should arrive in Lillooet around 5ish, depending if we have any scenic stops along the way. I do recommend radios so that there can be easy communication around cars.
Check in.
Dinner, great Greek restaurant in Lillooet.
Saturday July 20th
Arrive show n shine 8am
Show is over at 2.
So we can here we can go on a cruise...?
Take a tour of the winery?
Beer gardens open @ 8pm.
Sunday ???
Any input would be great.
Iceman?

Name:  wine.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  18.8 KB
Fort Berens Winery

Name:  jail.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  10.9 KB
Too much wine, you could end up here
__________________
Good friends don't let you do stupid things.....alone.....
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 7,877
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
dont know what are plans are, Dan is offically retired from the military as of the 31st of this month. & his retirement celebration is July 13th lol so I dont know what we will be up for or not
__________________
Heart breaks everyday when you cant take care of your family because you are unemployed, cant give your family what you want or what they need

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.