Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Got mine back yesterday, it was oil pan gasket.
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
I crawled under my car to start to pull my transmission out and noticed oil drops hanging from my bellhousing area. Its a brownish oil I assume is motor oil.There is a plug in the bottom of the bellhousing so I can see into the converter area. Its slightly damp in there but the car has been sitting for 2 months so it could be just mostly dried up. Has there been any issues with rear mains leaking on these? If its a rear main I assume transmission needs to come out for that?
The front subframe mount passenger sibe also has oil on it, really a different area but somewhat close. There is also oil coming from the black plastic cover around the bottom of the starter.
There is also some orange looking fluid on the driverside under the car.
Any ideas what is leaking would be appreciated.
Orange? Could be coolant. Coolant is routed to the oil cooler, which is on the driver's side. Look for leakage at the engine block end of the coolant hose to the oil cooler. To see this, you will need to get the car up on jacks or a ramp.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote