Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #26
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Are you playing the video on the camera or on your computer?

1440 is extremely high resolution, so if your computer's video card and RAM are not top-of-the-line you're going to get that choppy playback...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #27

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
Wow you really loaded up on the accessories.

IMO, LCD bacpac is useless. The lens is so wide that you really have to point it at the ground to miss a shot. It drains battery big time even with the LCD off. And it heats up the camera a lot too.

The only accessory I bought is the bracket mount - much smaller, easier to press the buttons, and lets heat out better than the plastic case.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #28
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post
Wow you really loaded up on the accessories.

IMO, LCD bacpac is useless. The lens is so wide that you really have to point it at the ground to miss a shot. It drains battery big time even with the LCD off. And it heats up the camera a lot too.

The only accessory I bought is the bracket mount - much smaller, easier to press the buttons, and lets heat out better than the plastic case.
I like my LCD because you get a better setup display in that window instead of the little symbols in the front LCD. I have mine set to shut off after 60 seconds and I have not noticed any shortening of battery life or getting too hot.
I may sell my WiFi bacpac because it doesn't operate as well as ii think it should. I am going to ask my son if he wants to buy it.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #29
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

And with the cigarette lighter adapter plug, you don't even need the battery bacpac either, unless you plan on doing a lot of non-automobile video recording...

Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
got it. I had to go into my phone wifi settings and log into the gopro wifi network there using the name and password that I created when I did the update.

Each time you shut off the wifi on the hero, you have to then go back into your phone and select that network and log into that one. Think I got it :P

I can now start and stop and change setting in the camera through both the wifi remote and my phone. so sick!

Already told the wife I'll be out driving tonight doing a couple test runs :P It's dark here so it will be basically audio but still.
read your posts just now and totally felt your frustration. I just went through the same damn thing last night. I got my camera back in Nov, but didn't want to mess with it until I had the app set up....which of course, came out on the 14th.

I finally created the wifi name for my camera and password and it worked fine. Couldn't believe the preview on the phone and everything TOO cool. Now...I recorded several videos and my computer didn't want to play the visual. Audio was there, but no video. Damnit.....grr....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #31
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
I converted my videos with CineForm (from the gopro site). Works pretty well. Might help with playing it on the computer.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #32
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
I guess I'll drop my resolution to 1080 or 720 to film in and keep the FPS high and hope the playback is better. Why allow 1440 if it wont play back properly?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Are you talking about playback on your computer?

If so, read my previous post. You've got to have a seriously bad ass computer to playback cinema quality video, let alone edit it.

I think even my Alienware laptop would be hard-pressed to play that video without overworking the video cards. And yes, cards, plural, as in more than one.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #34
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Are you talking about playback on your computer?

If so, read my previous post. You've got to have a seriously bad ass computer to playback cinema quality video, let alone edit it.

I think even my Alienware laptop would be hard-pressed to play that video without overworking the video cards. And yes, cards, plural, as in more than one.
I put the card in my Macbook Pro that is a couple years old and played it there. I guess I'll drop it down. Can I keep the FPS high and just drop the resolution or the other way around better? I can play with it of course but it sounds like you've went through this before. Thanks for the help btw
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #35
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

The resolution is the biggest killer. HD Video (Like High-Def TV) is 1080p which is a resolution of 1920x1080.

The 1440 resolution you're talking about has a resolution of 1920x1440 so it's just a taller frame, but that's a 33% taller frame, so that's a lot more to process from frame to frame. If you have the computing strength to handle this video, this allows you more flexibility of capturing the perfect frame and cropping out the excess. I know this is kinda hard to explain over text, but say you shoot in normal 1080p and there's something just above the frame when you're filming that you wish had been in the shot. Well, with 1440, you capture more above and below center of the normal 1080p, so you can "shift" the center of your video up or down to capture whatever might have normally been out of frame. Then, in the editing process, you can crop out the excess and bring your "final" video back to normal 1080p resolution for viewing on your high-def TV.

The fps is what helps you shoot in slow motion. Normal frame rate is 30fps. By normal, I mean, the human eye only "sees" in 30 frames per second.

So, if you shoot film at 60 or 120 fps, you can play that video back at 30 frames per second, and you will effectively display half-time or quarter-time video. All this will do is create much larger video files because you're getting twice as much (or 4 times as much) video over the same length of time. But as far as video processing goes, it should be no different than processing the same resolution of video at a slower fps record rate.

Oh, and by the way, if your computer is having a hard time playing back what you filmed at 1440, you should see what happens when you change the setting to "4K Cin"

4K Cin is a resolution of 4096x2160.
1080p is a resolution of 1920x1080.

That means 4K Cin would be like taking four 1080p HDTV's and arranging them in a square and turning them into one solid TV and not losing any image quality, and still having some leftover frame above and below the TV's.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #36
wyseguy79

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I normally take my footage and edit it in Adobe Premiere. My settings vary based on where I am posting. For a site like Youtube I typically don't post anything higher then 30fps. But its all up to what you are looking accomplish.
wyseguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

There's really no reason to display your video in any framerate other than 30fps since that's all my eyeball or any other human's eyeball can process visually.

But, you can shoot some cool drifing move or your rear tire in a quarter-mile launch video and slow it down to see everything in slow-motion at 30fps.

Maybe I'm unclear in my explanation?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #38
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I started using my gopro 3 silver today. On the video there is a little snow It's not nearly as clear or nice as anything I've seen shot with a gopro. It's just a little fuzzy and not clear and nice. Any suggestions?? I'm watching it playback on a decent PC on windows media player.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #39
wyseguy79

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Where did you decide to mount your GoPro?

I mounted mine on my driver side small window (not sure what that window is called). That way I can see in my car (speed and RPM gauge) while the cam is faced forward.
wyseguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #40
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
I'm so pissed at my brand new non working GoPro that I think one of these bad boys are in order...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266596
Old 02-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #41
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Tested out my GoPro3 Black: (the audible exhaust is my buddies 730whp KB SC'd 03 cobra)

Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #42
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Looks great B. Might have to pick me up one now. On a side note, looks like Camaros and mustangs can play together without issues lol.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #43
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Very crisp and clear video for the most part(there were a couple shots that seemed to have blurred out a bit - might have been when your buddy was stomping on it and caused it to vibrate more than it could handle) The picture looks less hour-glass? than the GoPro2. Dang it, another mod added to the list. I already got 2 GoPro2's.

Very cool vid, especially driving through that wooded area. You'll have to get another vid with one that's strapped to your car so we can hear your bad@ss ride.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
CRT 1SS/1LE/RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #44
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
Looks great B. Might have to pick me up one now. On a side note, looks like Camaros and mustangs can play together without issues lol.
Ha....I KNOW I can't hang with him in a straight line and he KNOWS he cant even begin to hang with me the second he'd have to turn the wheel. LOL
I'm Army and he's USMC too so it's kind of funny us hanging out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Very crisp and clear video for the most part(there were a couple shots that seemed to have blurred out a bit - might have been when your buddy was stomping on it and caused it to vibrate more than it could handle) The picture looks less hour-glass? than the GoPro2. Dang it, another mod added to the list. I already got 2 GoPro2's.

Very cool vid, especially driving through that wooded area. You'll have to get another vid with one that's strapped to your car so we can hear your bad@ss ride.
yeah, his car is SUPER F*CKING LOUD and has a roll cage and all....vibrates a ton. I set up the cam to sorta brace against his license plate square area but it still vibrated around a lil bit.

I set up the cam to shoot @ 1080 @ 30fps and in wide angle mode; which is what is in the video.

I have another video that I will upload today that is on the rear of my car with him behind me. This above 5 min video took 138 minutes to upload to youtube! WTF!?!