Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #1361
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass
 
Scottishgames's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 338
Happy New Year everyone.
We made it past Dooms Day!!
Steve, I have had the Technostalgia tail lights for two years now and they are great. I have a remote for the show mode and it fun to watch people walk past and you hit the remote to run them.
It's a easy hook up.
Radio Shack or some other store of that type has them.
You can check on line also.
You hook the show mode wire to the output side of the switch and the input side to a ground. I put the setup in the trunk because you will also need to run a power line to the remote, I hooked it to the same place that I hooked the tail lights to at the battery, that way you always have power to the remote.
That should take care of it.
You can also add a on/off switch in the power wire of the remote so you do not turn them on while the remote is in your pocket.
It's happened .
Also for your information, If your tail lights do not work right after you have stored it over the winter or have disconnected the battery, Remove the inline fuse for a minute and then put it back togeather.
This will reset the lights and they should work right.
Don
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #1362
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,069
Happy New Year everyone.


Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #1363
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
Hey all, wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! This is (Louis) ssummit camaro now known as 2013 1le. As you can see I sold my 2011 1ss and have 2013 2ss 1le on order. Got it in white also. It is supposed to be built this week but we all know how that goes. As always Becky has been keeping me updated. In the group of TPW 12/31 there was quite a few there but a lot right before Christmas got moved out to January and February, and they all seemed to be zl1 orders. I had many sleepless nights on whether I could sell my 2011, but after test driving a 2013 2 ss camaro with the npp exhaust it was a done deal. My 11 was a auto and driving the six speed is no comparison. So the wait goes on and starting on Tuesday will be bugging Becky looking for a vin. I will post pics as soon as the car comes available. Be safe.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #1364
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Hey all, wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! This is (Louis) ssummit camaro now known as 2013 1le. As you can see I sold my 2011 1ss and have 2013 2ss 1le on order. Got it in white also. It is supposed to be built this week but we all know how that goes. As always Becky has been keeping me updated. In the group of TPW 12/31 there was quite a few there but a lot right before Christmas got moved out to January and February, and they all seemed to be zl1 orders. I had many sleepless nights on whether I could sell my 2011, but after test driving a 2013 2 ss camaro with the npp exhaust it was a done deal. My 11 was a auto and driving the six speed is no comparison. So the wait goes on and starting on Tuesday will be bugging Becky looking for a vin. I will post pics as soon as the car comes available. Be safe.
Hey Louis! Congrats on your second child! LOL We will all be anxious to see how the new baby runs! My next one will be either a ZL1 or the 6th gen or perhaps the all elusive Z28...Boss 302 Killer! I am still not done with my current Orange Krate but one never seems to have enough cubic cash or time. Happy New Year to you and all of the TPW 11-15-2010 Alumni... as well as our fearless leader Ms. Becky!
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #1365
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
Thanks there Jim, yeah that zl1 is a monster and seriously thought about that until the 1le came out. Has everything I was looking for minus the supercharger. I originally just wanted to buy the black zl1 wheels and do a passenger seat upgrade but after pricing the wheels and tires with Maureen at 5500 dollars and another 600 for the seat, did not really make to much sense doing that.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #1366
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,837
After seeing a ZL1 on the freeway get it on for just a couple of seconds I was hooked. That car zipped from 60 to about 90 in a nano second. It moved like a slot car! I just don't know if I want a car that only gets 14 MPG again. That is the sacrifice. Of course there is always the Volt! LOL
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #1367
11SGM2SSRS
 
11SGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Elk River MN
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishgames View Post
Happy New Year everyone.
We made it past Dooms Day!!
Steve, I have had the Technostalgia tail lights for two years now and they are great. I have a remote for the show mode and it fun to watch people walk past and you hit the remote to run them.
It's a easy hook up.
Radio Shack or some other store of that type has them.
You can check on line also.
You hook the show mode wire to the output side of the switch and the input side to a ground. I put the setup in the trunk because you will also need to run a power line to the remote, I hooked it to the same place that I hooked the tail lights to at the battery, that way you always have power to the remote.
That should take care of it.
You can also add a on/off switch in the power wire of the remote so you do not turn them on while the remote is in your pocket.
It's happened .
Also for your information, If your tail lights do not work right after you have stored it over the winter or have disconnected the battery, Remove the inline fuse for a minute and then put it back togeather.
This will reset the lights and they should work right.
Don
Thank you for the great information. I never even thought about a remote, but that sounds like the way to go. I will check my local Radio Shack, and when I get it hooked up I will let you know. Also thanks for the word about the lights maybe not working when I uncover my car in the spring. If that happens I would have been wondering about my installation. I installed the lights after putting her to bed this last fall, so have not had a chance to try them out yet, but I sure am looking forward to it. Thanks again.
Also, Happy New Year and welcome to 2013 to everyone.
Steve.
__________________
"It ain't bragging if you can back it up"
11SGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #1368
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Hey all, wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! This is (Louis) ssummit camaro now known as 2013 1le. As you can see I sold my 2011 1ss and have 2013 2ss 1le on order. Got it in white also. It is supposed to be built this week but we all know how that goes. As always Becky has been keeping me updated. In the group of TPW 12/31 there was quite a few there but a lot right before Christmas got moved out to January and February, and they all seemed to be zl1 orders. I had many sleepless nights on whether I could sell my 2011, but after test driving a 2013 2 ss camaro with the npp exhaust it was a done deal. My 11 was a auto and driving the six speed is no comparison. So the wait goes on and starting on Tuesday will be bugging Becky looking for a vin. I will post pics as soon as the car comes available. Be safe.
Congratulations! We cannot wait to see the pictures!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #1369
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Hey all, wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! This is (Louis) ssummit camaro now known as 2013 1le. As you can see I sold my 2011 1ss and have 2013 2ss 1le on order. Got it in white also. It is supposed to be built this week but we all know how that goes. As always Becky has been keeping me updated. In the group of TPW 12/31 there was quite a few there but a lot right before Christmas got moved out to January and February, and they all seemed to be zl1 orders. I had many sleepless nights on whether I could sell my 2011, but after test driving a 2013 2 ss camaro with the npp exhaust it was a done deal. My 11 was a auto and driving the six speed is no comparison. So the wait goes on and starting on Tuesday will be bugging Becky looking for a vin. I will post pics as soon as the car comes available. Be safe.
Way to go. Should be a great car.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #1370
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
Just going thru the waiting game again. Remember those days. Trying not to bug Becky to much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
Way to go. Should be a great car.

Bill
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #1371
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,069
Just went over 26K.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #1372
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,837
Talking **Orange Krate Updated Mods**

Hi 11-15-2010 gang!
Hope your winterizing and customizing is going well. We had a reprieve in rain and I picked up a nice used BBK CAI and FINALLY got my ghost stripes painted!

I couldn't be happier with the job and got them done much cheaper then I had budgeted for which is bonus! If you go to my journal starting with entry 590 and forward you can see the new mods and an updated list of what I have done to the car. Orange Krate just clicked over 13,000 miles. I have another meeting with the painter tomorrow to add another small detail. In the meantime... here is a look see:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...111131&page=24






.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #1373
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Hi 11-15-2010 gang!
Hope your winterizing and customizing is going well. We had a reprieve in rain and I picked up a nice used BBK CAI and FINALLY got my ghost stripes painted!

I couldn't be happier with the job and got them done much cheaper then I had budgeted for which is bonus! If you go to my journal starting with entry 590 and forward you can see the new mods and an updated list of what I have done to the car. Orange Krate just clicked over 13,000 miles. I have another meeting with the painter tomorrow to add another small detail. In the meantime... here is a look see:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...111131&page=24




.

Looking great.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #1374
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
Thought i would check in here to see how everyone is doing. Had my car now for three weeks and still learning the new features compared to my 1ss.
Removed the hood wrap this weekend, was up in the air about but like how it is now. Next thing i am going to try and do is install the heritage grill.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #1375
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Thought i would check in here to see how everyone is doing. Had my car now for three weeks and still learning the new features compared to my 1ss.
Removed the hood wrap this weekend, was up in the air about but like how it is now. Next thing i am going to try and do is install the heritage grill.
That is one sweet looking LE! I personally like it with the wrap off the hood. I am sure it handles much differently than the 1SS. Congrats and keep us posted.

I just added the LED IOM bowtie to my Orange Krate. That was a fun little project. Stuffing my old @$$ into the trunk upside down to wire it was tight to say the least. LOL But it is done.

I also had Nikki McLaughlin (graphic artist) create an Orange Krate character (new avatar) for my project. He will be seen in a few strategic places on the car at some point.

Motor on!
Jim
Attached Images
   
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #1376
Midnight Rat

 
Midnight Rat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso
Posts: 1,376
Thanks Jim, I saw that you did your own heritage grill. Was it real difficult to do? I am more worried about possibly damaging or cracking the paint on the bumper.
__________________
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #1377
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Thanks Jim, I saw that you did your own heritage grill. Was it real difficult to do? I am more worried about possibly damaging or cracking the paint on the bumper.
It isn't too difficult if you go slow and have patience. I had a big padded bed spread I put out on the garage floor and then I carried it to the living room and finished it on soft terry towels sitting on the carpet. I went very slow and took photos along the way and it took me about 4 hours. Another guy and I did his for the first time attempt and together the two of us did it in 3 hours or thereabouts. Extra hands helps but I did it alone. I watched the video someone posted so I could get a good visual first. It will look fantastic. I got mine from Becky and Maureen and it was match painted IOM. It arrived quickly from them.
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An interesting Camaro (and GM) story! I just bought my 2010 Camaro! Camarodriver Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 12 11-28-2010 04:52 PM
2010 2SS Black/Black Auto/Roof/RS/Polished wheels TPW 8/17 swansor Dealer Camaros for Sale 2 08-15-2009 09:28 AM
2010 GT500 Update (Not an AFD gag). garagelogic General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 9 04-02-2009 01:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.