|02-19-2013, 11:18 AM||#29|
Drives: 2010 SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Providence, RI
Taking them off is easy.
1. Jack up the car in a safe level place and put it on stands.
2. Remove the wheels.
3. Remove the two bolts holding the calipers to the mounting bracket.
4. Disconnect the brake line and be prepared to catch all the brake fluid that will poor out. (note the fluid will eat paint off the car so don't get any on it)
5. Remove the brake pads and set aside. (if they are worn now might be a good time to replace them when putting things back together) Repeat the process for each wheel.
6. Send them off to be painted or...
7. Make sure they are clean (you can buy break cleaner from an auto parts store and if they are really bad a little scrub brush for removing debris)
8. Mask off and cover the pistons and any parts you don't want paint getting in or on (the hole where brake line attaches, if an SS the Metal lines on the ends if you want).
9. Then paint them with what ever brake paint you choose. Spray works/looks better than brush on usually (small coats lightly applied).
10. Wait for them to dry (consult paints label).
11. Replace the pads and put the calipers back on the car attaching the brake lines again.
12. Bleed the brakes one at a time making sure there are no leaks(use a bleeder from an auto parts store or a friend helping).
13. Install the wheels again.
14. Remove stands.
15. Pump the brakes and make sure there are no leaks and that the pedal feels good and the fluid is topped off. Take for a spin making sure all is normal.
16. Post pictures because...
Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.
7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
|brake calipers, brakes, camaro ss, paint|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hot Pink Brake Calipers Covers||cmvs||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||5||05-04-2013 03:41 AM|
|WTB: brake calipers for painting||gammarho55||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||3||11-27-2011 08:10 AM|
|painting brake calipers||RS1017||Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions||2||06-22-2011 11:41 AM|
|TUNERZ STORE HUGE SALE ON STOPTECH BRAKE COMPONENTS-----------> 10.15.10-11.15.10||Tunerz_Store||Suspension / Chassis / Brakes||6||11-14-2010 11:03 AM|
|Unbeatable Prices on BC / Eibach / Hawk / Hotchkis / MTI / Racing Brake / SLP / More||maperformance||Suspension / Chassis / Brakes||10||10-04-2010 03:36 PM|