Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
toyosuprablue

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Only had the car home for a week or so. Was driving through town and a guy in a black SS went by the other way. I was watching him to see if he noticed me or not. He ended up only seeing me at the last second and almost snapped his neck doing a double take before I was out of his field of vision.
2013 Camaro ZL1 #1440 Black M6, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks LT, 9.55 Lower pulley, ID 850's, MSD BAP, Dual Pass HX
JRE Cam Package 652RWHP 613RWTQ
2012 Triumph Speed Triple, Muffler delete, tune
1982 Honda CB900F Cafe In Progress
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #52
Whos_Drivin
Ski-U-Mah

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '13 Silverado Z71
On my way home from the dealership I was driving down the freeway when a couple of teenagers came flying up and pulled along side me. The driver was so busy staring at the car he drifted over into my lane. He followed me until I exited, apologized, and told me how much he liked the car.

One weekend I took the ZL1 to a Gophers football game. Drove down fraternity row with all the college kids tailgating. Every stop light I had people yelling at me to rev the engine. I love driving down that street!

My favorite was when I took my brother for his first ride. We were driving through a part of town that is known to have cops everywhere. Came around a corner (going the exact speed limit) and sure enough there was a cop handing someone a ticket. He was walking back to his car and was staring us down as we were approaching. I'm thinking...oh sh*t, less than a week and I'm already getting a ticket for no front plate. As I go by he's opening up his car door, and I'm slowing down waiting for him to signal me to pull over. He gives me a thumbs-up and stands there with his door open watching the car as we drove by...slowly...
2012 ZL1 #1466
AGM, M6, CF Hood, Sunroof, Black Wheels
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #53
camaro2009
camaro2009

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 AGM 6M #0369
Send a message via Yahoo to camaro2009
Small town dealer

I stopped at a small town dealer in Fort Scott, Kansas to see if there was any new information on the upcoming 2014 Silverado(pamphlet, pricing, preorder) etc. I was in my 2013 AG M6 ZL-1 . ( this was in January of 2013) The salesmen and the dealer were not equipped to help me just yet, but they noticed my Z in the lot, and wanted to take a look at it. I was more than happy to give them the tour of my baby. They had never seen one in person before, nor had one on their lot. I was a super happy Chevrolet Camaro owner, all smiles as i left the lot, without any information on my truck. I must say, i never got quite as much attention in my 2010 SS when i had it. People just love the bold new looks and the WIDE tires.
1974 Camaro Type LT
1995 Camaro Plum V-6 Auto 80k original miles

Traded the '10 SS for the BAD ASS 2013 ZL-1 AGM ,M-6 Once again the thanks go out to my wonderful wife and a chance encounter while servicing my Duramax!! Destiny......nope...FATE
camaro2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #54
Dvjason

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Yeah, I'm going to have to drive it someday. Being the dead of winter I brought it home from the dealer on Dec. 15th and haven't had it out since. Anyone else have a 2 month old car with 38 miles on it, LOL? Everyone likes the pictures though.
Ya, actually I do, 4months old with 28km and none put on by me. That's torture.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #55
Terebit
TBit

Drives: 1973 Camaro Type LT & 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Cool story. It nice that supercar owners respect the Camaro. Most people lusted after a '68 to '69 Camaro when they were younger. I know I did. Right after I got mine and they were really rare, I had a guy and his passenger slow down and turn their heads to look at mine.
Haha. They actually slowed down to look? On my first drive home from the dealer, I had a big black SUV speed up after I went by him and paced with me for a ways while looking the Z over. Then I came up on a Mustang GT in the left lane on the interstate. The plate said Roush. He pulled to the right and paced with me a couple miles before dropping back. The people who know what the car is love to take a long look. Probably the first one they've seen on the road in these parts.
Terebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #56
shiner98

Drives: 13 AshGray M6 ZL1 w/Nav/ECF/Sunroof
Today, on the freeway while driving home from work I'm already doing 78mph and a big ass F250 races up behind me and pulls up along my driver side to check out my ZL1, shortly after a camaro RS also pulls up behind me to take a closer look, I had passed up the RS earlier.

THEN the F250 realizes he's about to miss his Exit and suddenly drops behind me, hard swerves over to the right, and nearly takes out the RS that had pulled up behind me. They were both so distracted the F250 nearly rolled over the RS like Big Foot smashing a voltswagon bug. They swerved out of each others way nearly taking each other out !

Was awesome !
shiner98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #57
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
On my way home from the dealership I was driving down the freeway when a couple of teenagers came flying up and pulled along side me. The driver was so busy staring at the car he drifted over into my lane. He followed me until I exited, apologized, and told me how much he liked the car.

One weekend I took the ZL1 to a Gophers football game. Drove down fraternity row with all the college kids tailgating. Every stop light I had people yelling at me to rev the engine. I love driving down that street!

My favorite was when I took my brother for his first ride. We were driving through a part of town that is known to have cops everywhere. Came around a corner (going the exact speed limit) and sure enough there was a cop handing someone a ticket. He was walking back to his car and was staring us down as we were approaching. I'm thinking...oh sh*t, less than a week and I'm already getting a ticket for no front plate. As I go by he's opening up his car door, and I'm slowing down waiting for him to signal me to pull over. He gives me a thumbs-up and stands there with his door open watching the car as we drove by...slowly...

Cool Stories!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #58
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner98 View Post
Today, on the freeway while driving home from work I'm already doing 78mph and a big ass F250 races up behind me and pulls up along my driver side to check out my ZL1, shortly after a camaro RS also pulls up behind me to take a closer look, I had passed up the RS earlier.

THEN the F250 realizes he's about to miss his Exit and suddenly drops behind me, hard swerves over to the right, and nearly takes out the RS that had pulled up behind me. They were both so distracted the F250 nearly rolled over the RS like Big Foot smashing a voltswagon bug. They swerved out of each others way nearly taking each other out !

Was awesome !

I would hope nobody gets into an accident or gets hurt from a ZL1 sighting...
Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #59
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I had a sheriff deputy pull up behind me before I was even able to leave the dealership lot. He walked up to me while I was doing the OnStar activation and acted like he was going to hand me a ticket and said, "Let's just go ahead and get this over with." I saw him again a few days later where he waved me over in a parking lot. He asked how many tickets I had, and I replied, "None yet because nobody can catch me." He just laughed and drove off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #60
shiner98

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
I would hope nobody gets into an accident or gets hurt from a ZL1 sighting...
Yup, good call... no one got hurt and all parties went home with a great story to tell. was no ones fault
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #61
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
On a drive back to the Dealership right after getting the car, the police were interviewing a babbling transient at the main entrance of the lot. By the time I found my way through another entrance and crept between cars through the lot, I spotted the salesman who sold me my car. As we BS'd through the passanger window, up rolls the police car. The cop rolls down this window and asked "Is that the new ZL1?" The salesman replied, "Yeah our first one!" then goes on to say to the cop "You going to have a tough time catching this one." Right as I sunk down lower into the seat thinking to myself, not a good thing to say, the cop yells over to me... "WANNA TRADE!?!?"
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #62
chiefchump

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange ZL1
Beat a GTR 70 to 120!
chiefchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #63
Faster12

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1 #1158
A few months ago I was sitting at Sonic with my wife in the passenger seat. I had placed our order and while we were waiting, one of the waitresses rolled up and said "Oh my God. You have the sexiest car I have ever seen." Before responding, I turned to my wife and shockingly she replied, "Yes he does." I just knew she was going for the gun under the seat to blow this girl away! I told my wife that was the sexiest thing she had ever done. lol
Faster12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #64
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
On a drive back to the Dealership right after getting the car, the police were interviewing a babbling transient at the main entrance of the lot. By the time I found my way through another entrance and crept between cars through the lot, I spotted the salesman who sold me my car. As we BS'd through the passanger window, up rolls the police car. The cop rolls down this window and asked "Is that the new ZL1?" The salesman replied, "Yeah our first one!" then goes on to say to the cop "You going to have a tough time catching this one." Right as I sunk down lower into the seat thinking to myself, not a good thing to say, the cop yells over to me... "WANNA TRADE!?!?"

Niceee!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #65
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster12 View Post
A few months ago I was sitting at Sonic with my wife in the passenger seat. I had placed our order and while we were waiting, one of the waitresses rolled up and said "Oh my God. You have the sexiest car I have ever seen." Before responding, I turned to my wife and shockingly she replied, "Yes he does." I just knew she was going for the gun under the seat to blow this girl away! I told my wife that was the sexiest thing she had ever done. lol

That was one of the sexiest stories I have heard!!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #66
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchump View Post
Beat a GTR 70 to 120!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #67
toyosuprablue

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchump View Post
Beat a GTR 70 to 120!
Stock? Manual?
2013 Camaro ZL1 #1440 Black M6, Roto Fab CAI, Kooks LT, 9.55 Lower pulley, ID 850's, MSD BAP, Dual Pass HX
JRE Cam Package 652RWHP 613RWTQ
2012 Triumph Speed Triple, Muffler delete, tune
1982 Honda CB900F Cafe In Progress
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #68
shiner98

Got another one:

My co-worker owns a Nissan GTR. One day after leaving work he left the office just before I did, and by chance I came up behind him at the freeway on-ramp, he was still a good 4-5 car lengths ahead of me, BUT once he spotted me in his rear view mirror he Gunned It ! He never gave me a chance to pull along side.

And of course, I had to give chase...

About a quarter mile or so down the freeway bypass I passed him on a banked right curve on the outside lane like the scene from 'Days of Thunder' and took the lead, crossed lanes in front of him, then took my Exit.

He's never ever spoken of that night since...
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #69
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
My cousin from out of town was visiting the other day and has never heard of a ZL1. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he hesitantly said "Yeah sure??" About the halfway point of our ride I floored it from a roll in 2nd gear and ole cousin "Nancy" started freaking as slammed 3rd gear. As the ZL1 slowed to a legal speed, out of his mouth comes "I hope this thing has heated seats, if not, I might have just shit my pants!" -CLASSIC
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #70
1968SS/RS

Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
I was driving home thru my subdivision doing about 20mph (well within posted limit) and as I passed this elderly woman walking her dog she was yelling at me to slow down lol, I guess the exhaust note made it sound like i was going faster than I was
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #71
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
My Dad searched everywhere around home (Pittsburgh) for months before finding one at $500 below sticker in Indiana. All the dealers near him wanted $5,000-$10,000 over sticker and they told him he would NOT find one below that. He said, "Watch me!". A couple weeks after he picked it up, he needed to stop at the dealer for something for his Silverado. He pulled into the dealer lot and parked it right in front of the showroom. Seconds later, all the salesmen came clammering out like bees around a hive to see the Mighty ZL1. He said, "Remember when you told me I couldn't find one for sticker? This one was $500 under sticker.". They all just stood there speechless, gocking at the car in amazement. Bunch of jokers!
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #72
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
My cousin from out of town was visiting the other day and has never heard of a ZL1. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he hesitantly said "Yeah sure??" About the halfway point of our ride I floored it from a roll in 2nd gear and ole cousin "Nancy" started freaking as slammed 3rd gear. As the ZL1 slowed to a legal speed, out of his mouth comes "I hope this thing has heated seats, if not, I might have just shit my pants!" -CLASSIC

I am LMAO no pun intended That was a funny story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #73
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
My Dad searched everywhere around home (Pittsburgh) for months before finding one at $500 below sticker in Indiana. All the dealers near him wanted $5,000-$10,000 over sticker and they told him he would NOT find one below that. He said, "Watch me!". A couple weeks after he picked it up, he needed to stop at the dealer for something for his Silverado. He pulled into the dealer lot and parked it right in front of the showroom. Seconds later, all the salesmen came clammering out like bees around a hive to see the Mighty ZL1. He said, "Remember when you told me I couldn't find one for sticker? This one was $500 under sticker.". They all just stood there speechless, gocking at the car in amazement. Bunch of jokers!

That will teach them.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #74
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
DRKS1D3 original post

Its dealers like this that drives me bananas. The salesman (I have known this guy for years) at the dealership where I ordered the car says to me, that there isn’t any discounts on this car when you put your order in for it; but I will try and see if there is any discounts and get you the best deal possible.

I told him I am just happy to be able to put an order in for the car and get it at MSRP.

This markup crap seems to happen all the time when cars like this first come out. I’m glad your old man went somewhere else to get his car.

I wish I could have been there to see the look on their faces when he pulled up with his car.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

One last thing about my salesman, when I finally get my car and if he sees it around town; he wants to be the one to say I sold that car to that guy.

Thumbs up to your old man.

Last edited by ernie scar; 02-21-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add in the quote
ernie scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #75
phantom
phantom

Drives: 2012 ZL1 CRT 6M 10 black
Second week I owned the car I was driving north on HWY 45 in Vilas County Wi on my way to our lake rental property. Headed in the opposite direction is a Roush Pony. Of course the Roush must get a better look at the new Alpha in town. I catch his u turn in the rear view and touch my brakes to engage. Soon the Roush is breathing hard on my exhaust. About that time my turn to the rental appears, time for the stickies and magnetic suspension to shine, quick downshift to 3rd for power puts me in a position for a never tried before 45 mph 80 degree turn. With no problem I'm around the curve powering past cottages. The Roush slides into the turn, on to the gravel shoulder and tries to recover. By then I'm gone handling one turn after another like I'm diving a 4200 lb go-cart. So I back into a drive way and wait. In moments a very zealous Roush goes flying by attempting to catch me. So, why not, I wheel out and head after the run away pony. In seconds I'm on his butt. He tries to escape but the Roush can't power in the curves. So he finally pulls over, I join him at the road side. He can't believe the look, stance, power and handling. Great time, and one proud muscle car owner!
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote