Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #76
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
The ZL1 is definitely an attention grabber. I was filling up after one of my late night runs and an older gentlemen from the next pump walks over and asks "Is that the one with the big kahuna?" I smile and say "Yes it is". Him: "That's the Corvette motor, right? Me: "No, it's actually from the CTS-V but rated at 580 hp." Him: "580 hp, huh? I bet you piss off a lot of those Corvette owners!" and laughs. Me: "Yes, I do." Him: "Nice car son, I was filling up and heard you pull in and had to take a look." I tell him thanks and just happen to look over to the window by the cashier and he's taking pics with his cell phone. Lol.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #77
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
Second week I owned the car I was driving north on HWY 45 in Vilas County Wi on my way to our lake rental property. Headed in the opposite direction is a Roush Pony. Of course the Roush must get a better look at the new Alpha in town. I catch his u turn in the rear view and touch my brakes to engage. Soon the Roush is breathing hard on my exhaust. About that time my turn to the rental appears, time for the stickies and magnetic suspension to shine, quick downshift to 3rd for power puts me in a position for a never tried before 45 mph 80 degree turn. With no problem I'm around the curve powering past cottages. The Roush slides into the turn, on to the gravel shoulder and tries to recover. By then I'm gone handling one turn after another like I'm diving a 4200 lb go-cart. So I back into a drive way and wait. In moments a very zealous Roush goes flying by attempting to catch me. So, why not, I wheel out and head after the run away pony. In seconds I'm on his butt. He tries to escape but the Roush can't power in the curves. So he finally pulls over, I join him at the road side. He can't believe the look, stance, power and handling. Great time, and one proud muscle car owner!

Awesome!!!!!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #78
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
The ZL1 is definitely an attention grabber. I was filling up after one of my late night runs and an older gentlemen from the next pump walks over and asks "Is that the one with the big kahuna?" I smile and say "Yes it is". Him: "That's the Corvette motor, right? Me: "No, it's actually from the CTS-V but rated at 580 hp." Him: "580 hp, huh? I bet you piss off a lot of those Corvette owners!" and laughs. Me: "Yes, I do." Him: "Nice car son, I was filling up and heard you pull in and had to take a look." I tell him thanks and just happen to look over to the window by the cashier and he's taking pics with his cell phone. Lol.

Nice!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #79
ZL1 Brian

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I had the rare occassion of being able to take the Z out and I was at a stop light several cars back. The right lane had a few less cars in it. All of a sudden a little red truck goes by in the right lane, slams his breaks on, puts it in reverse and pulls up next to me. I rolled down the window and he said "I didnt realize that was a ZL1"! I do love the attention this car brings. On another funny note my 3 year old daughter calls my car the maro. lol. sooo cute.
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #80
Zikma

Drives: ZL1 2012 # 721; 2013 Tahoe Z71
WI requires a front plate and I had heard several stories of LEOs in my area stricly enforcing it with warnings and even tickets. I didnt let the dealer install the front plate bracket as I planned something different with out drilling any holes.

Before I could get the front plate on I was driving to work one morning and I needed gas so I wheeled in to a station that many LEOs take there break at. Seeing 2 county and 1 city cop car parked there I make a loop so that the rear of the car is toward the window where the officers are sitting. As I am filling up they come out and get in there cars and then totally box me in, one in front one behind and one on the left side they all get out. All I could think was here we go....first ticket is going to be for not having a front plate. All they wanted was to inspect the car and we talk for 20 minutes. They made me leave first so they could hear her roar. None of them even mentioned not having the front plate and I was late for work.

They all wave at me when they see me in town now.
Zikma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #81
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikma View Post
WI requires a front plate and I had heard several stories of LEOs in my area stricly enforcing it with warnings and even tickets. I didnt let the dealer install the front plate bracket as I planned something different with out drilling any holes.

Before I could get the front plate on I was driving to work one morning and I needed gas so I wheeled in to a station that many LEOs take there break at. Seeing 2 county and 1 city cop car parked there I make a loop so that the rear of the car is toward the window where the officers are sitting. As I am filling up they come out and get in there cars and then totally box me in, one in front one behind and one on the left side they all get out. All I could think was here we go....first ticket is going to be for not having a front plate. All they wanted was to inspect the car and we talk for 20 minutes. They made me leave first so they could hear her roar. None of them even mentioned not having the front plate and I was late for work.

They all wave at me when they see me in town now.

I also asked the dealer not to drill holes in my front bumper. Great story!!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #82
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian View Post
I had the rare occassion of being able to take the Z out and I was at a stop light several cars back. The right lane had a few less cars in it. All of a sudden a little red truck goes by in the right lane, slams his breaks on, puts it in reverse and pulls up next to me. I rolled down the window and he said "I didnt realize that was a ZL1"! I do love the attention this car brings. On another funny note my 3 year old daughter calls my car the maro. lol. sooo cute.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #83
jaj18

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I was stopped at a set of lights next to a police officer who asked me if I had time to pull over for a few minutes so he could look at my car. This was about a month after I purchased it. I figured befriending the local police is never a bad thing in a car like this and had time to kill. After he spent 10 minutes raving over the car, he said he was thinking about pulling me over to look at it but didn't think he could catch up on to me once the light turned green.
jaj18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #84
EsKiMo HuNtEr66

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (Ashen Grey)
The only really cool experience I've had was that I overslept and was running late to school for a test. When I got to the school parking lot I noticed an empty spot close to my class so without hesitation I parked my car and ran as fast as I could to class. When I got out of class I thought I didn't do great on the test and when I got back to my car I noticed a paper that looked like a parking citation on my windshield. I thought great maybe I should check my tires to see if I got a flat seeing that my day couldn't get any worse. When I read the citation it said "Nice car i'll let you off this time. P.S. don't park in the staff only spot." I had no idea that was the reason the spot was open.

Not as good as some of the other stories but it was great for me and I ended up getting a B on my test!!!
EsKiMo HuNtEr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #85
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj18 View Post
I was stopped at a set of lights next to a police officer who asked me if I had time to pull over for a few minutes so he could look at my car. This was about a month after I purchased it. I figured befriending the local police is never a bad thing in a car like this and had time to kill. After he spent 10 minutes raving over the car, he said he was thinking about pulling me over to look at it but didn't think he could catch up on to me once the light turned green.
Niiccceeee!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #86
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsKiMo HuNtEr66 View Post
The only really cool experience I've had was that I overslept and was running late to school for a test. When I got to the school parking lot I noticed an empty spot close to my class so without hesitation I parked my car and ran as fast as I could to class. When I got out of class I thought I didn't do great on the test and when I got back to my car I noticed a paper that looked like a parking citation on my windshield. I thought great maybe I should check my tires to see if I got a flat seeing that my day couldn't get any worse. When I read the citation it said "Nice car i'll let you off this time. P.S. don't park in the staff only spot." I had no idea that was the reason the spot was open.

Not as good as some of the other stories but it was great for me and I ended up getting a B on my test!!!

Still a good story!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #87
2ss-booya

Drives: 2013 ZL1 CRT 6M
Send a message via Skype™ to 2ss-booya
I was at a gas station, and a older guy pulled around in his 1980ish toyota truck and says:

Guy: "So what's a ZL1?"
Me: (thinking...wtf? this is ridiculous lol) "It's the fastest production camaro with 580 hp"
Guy: "Cool, how big is the motor?"
Me: "6.2 Liters"
Guy: "What's that?"
Me: (yikes this guy has no idea does he lol) "376 cubic inches"
Guy: "oh....well hopefully it's worth something someday"
Me:
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #88
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
I was at a gas station, and a older guy pulled around in his 1980ish toyota truck and says:

Guy: "So what's a ZL1?"
Me: (thinking...wtf? this is ridiculous lol) "It's the fastest production camaro with 580 hp"
Guy: "Cool, how big is the motor?"
Me: "6.2 Liters"
Guy: "What's that?"
Me: (yikes this guy has no idea does he lol) "376 cubic inches"
Guy: "oh....well hopefully it's worth something someday"
Me:

Some people just have no idea huh?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #89
Zee-Ell-One
Yooz gotta B freekin kidn

Drives: 2013 6mt ZL1#826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
My cousin from out of town was visiting the other day and has never heard of a ZL1. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he hesitantly said "Yeah sure??" About the halfway point of our ride I floored it from a roll in 2nd gear and ole cousin "Nancy" started freaking as slammed 3rd gear. As the ZL1 slowed to a legal speed, out of his mouth comes "I hope this thing has heated seats, if not, I might have just shit my pants!" -CLASSIC
now that is truly funny shit...LOLOL!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #90
Zee-Ell-One
Yooz gotta B freekin kidn

Drives: 2013 6mt ZL1#826
ZL1 SICKNESS

I have about 4500 miles on her now.. I've had 2 women, three grown men and a tweener on the brink of vomitting on separate occasions of course...one of those men squeeled like a pigglett for me to slow down and said he saw his life flash before his eyes and thought death was eminent as we entered a 70mph sweeper under hard braking (this dude is all tatted up and rides a harley)..another gal said my car made her wet looking at it... Ive drag raced a beemer 750 to be caught up to by the driver at the next light who asked me, is that barely a better one than the SS holmes?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #91
Diseased Yak

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Camaro ZL1
This is the first car I've owned that has gotten this much attention, and I love it. People taking pics with their cell phones, people gawking at you at stop lights, the list goes on and on.

One time, not long after I first got it, I pulled into a local burger joint. I went in and sitting right at the front where he could look out the front window was a sheriff's deputy. He looks at me and goes "Thanks for dropping my car off!"

Another time I was pulling into my apartment complex and an older gentleman (I'd guess in his late 60's) whips in with an old Camaro ('69 I think) beside me. He hops out and goes "IS THAT THE NEW ZL1????!!!!" He says he had seen me drive by a few times but hadn't got a clear look. We spent half an hour just looking around our respective cars and talking about them. Finally, I realize he would probably like to take a rid in the Z, so I asked him "Hey, you got somewhere to be right now?" His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he realized what I was asking. "No!" he says. I nodded at my car, "Let's go for a ride." I burned him through a couple of miles and some twisting roads we have near where I live.

I swear I added 10 years to his life, he couldn't sit still he was so excited!
Diseased Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #92
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
I have about 4500 miles on her now.. I've had 2 women, three grown men and a tweener on the brink of vomitting on separate occasions of course...one of those men squeeled like a pigglett for me to slow down and said he saw his life flash before his eyes and thought death was eminent as we entered a 70mph sweeper under hard braking (this dude is all tatted up and rides a harley)..another gal said my car made her wet looking at it... Ive drag raced a beemer 750 to be caught up to by the driver at the next light who asked me, is that barely a better one than the SS holmes?
That is really Funny!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #93
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...I took mine out today for a ride and waived at a guy with a yellow Camaro with black wheels that looked like a Transformers car and he looked at me with no response....LOL...
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #94
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseased Yak View Post
This is the first car I've owned that has gotten this much attention, and I love it. People taking pics with their cell phones, people gawking at you at stop lights, the list goes on and on.

One time, not long after I first got it, I pulled into a local burger joint. I went in and sitting right at the front where he could look out the front window was a sheriff's deputy. He looks at me and goes "Thanks for dropping my car off!"

Another time I was pulling into my apartment complex and an older gentleman (I'd guess in his late 60's) whips in with an old Camaro ('69 I think) beside me. He hops out and goes "IS THAT THE NEW ZL1????!!!!" He says he had seen me drive by a few times but hadn't got a clear look. We spent half an hour just looking around our respective cars and talking about them. Finally, I realize he would probably like to take a rid in the Z, so I asked him "Hey, you got somewhere to be right now?" His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he realized what I was asking. "No!" he says. I nodded at my car, "Let's go for a ride." I burned him through a couple of miles and some twisting roads we have near where I live.

I swear I added 10 years to his life, he couldn't sit still he was so excited!

Great "Camaroderie" story Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #95
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
With SEMA having some of best custom cars on display under one roof; my attention getting story is with picture below!

I forgot the guys name, but he stopped me on the way out of the show to talk abou my ZL1

He then introduce me to the host of "Counting Cars" show on the History channel and all I can write is you will see it soon on the show
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #96
MY CA.ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
I was out having dinner with a date and could see my ZL1 thru the front window of the building.I looked up and there was several police officers from 5 diff.cities around my car. Some was looking inside with flashlights and the other officers were walking around the car with flashlights.with no front lic.place on the car i thought for sure the officer looking at the front end was going to write me a ticket.after about 20 minutes i went outside to ask if there was any problems.the officers all started laughing and started asking questions about the car.we talked for a very long time.While my date was bored i had a great time talking with the officers.A great evening for sure.lol:flag2:
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #97
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
With SEMA having some of best custom cars on display under one roof; my attention getting story is with picture below!

I forgot the guys name, but he stopped me on the way out of the show to talk abou my ZL1

He then introduce me to the host of "Counting Cars" show on the History channel and all I can write is you will see it soon on the show
Isn't that the show that stars a character called 'The Count' that buys/builds custom hot rods? He wears this ugly black headband that must be 8" high?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #98
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post

Great looking Z!! This is the one with the wide body conversion,right??

Yeah this guy looks familiar. I also do not remember his name. He also is on one of those shows. Cool story, look forward to seeing your car on an upcoming show.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #99
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Isn't that the show that stars a character called 'The Count' that buys/builds custom hot rods? He wears this ugly black headband that must be 8" high?

Yes I also dont remember his name.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #100
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Yes I also dont remember his name.
His name is Danny "The Count" that owns Count's Customs in Vegas. He is the expert car guy on Pawn Stars and then they offered him his own show.
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote