Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #15
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Wow, at least there are no rub marks... ummmm wrong sub forum.

As someone who went down the GM buyback road before... I have been over ever square inch of this car. And there are dozens of these type of cosmetic issues (don't get me started with overall paint quality). My biggest concern is I CAN NOT get the damn driver seat to stop chattering. But my big ass 260 lb frame may be outside of spec, I kid.

The only mechanical thing I have had to correct is a plastic piece (a cover) on the front driver's side of the transmission that was not bolted down tight. Pics to follow.

I drive this car hard, sometimes real hard but I don't dog it. Remember that some of the broken items may be user error... present company excluded. I am close to 3000 miles now.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270060
[IMG]http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz149/**********/002.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #17
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
wow WTF is that ?? is that there QC ? man i see blow strut clutch chatter and know this unreal
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc's1LE View Post
wow WTF is that ?? is that there QC ? man i see blow strut clutch chatter and know this unreal
What? Clutches will chatter if you put a burr on them, which is easy to do with our engage points. Paint doesn't seem to be a big deal, seems they only paint from one side, but to me as long as the shiny side is out were good to go. And I think we can count the one strut as a freak accident.

Looks like it will be easy to get the wheels polished/detailed/machined if you wanted a different paint scheme.
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
True i will make judgement when i get my car
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #20
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc's1LE View Post
What do you mean their QC?

That paint job sucks for sure.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
What do you mean their QC?

That paint job sucks for sure.
Quality control.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #22
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
I took the wheels off my 1LE today to wash them. I was replacing the OEM lug nuts with Gorilla Wheel Locks anyway.

I was appalled to see what a crappy paint job GM, or whomever the OEM manufacturer was, did on them.

The outsides are painted nicely, but just several inches in and they are "splattered" with paint. The rear facing part of the wheel didn't have any paint at all - just bare aluminum!

It really surprises me that they would cut corners like that. I was planning to buy another set of wheels for the track, but for the money, I can get real quality wheels that are probably lighter and finished properly.

End of rant.
I'd be at a dealership if all 4 of my rims were like that. Maybe someone can check there's to see if they have the similar issue. Can you say warranty claim?

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 02-25-2013 at 06:15 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270060
[IMG]http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz149/**********/002.jpg[/IMG]
This is EXACTLY what ALL 4 of my wheels look like!!!

And to top it off, the area where the lug nuts go/meet is just as bad. It is really unbelievable.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'd bet that in the minds of the GM folks, they think that that part of the wheel gets rather dirty rather quickly. They probably figure that "normal" buyers (buyers who don't clean their cars as regularly as we do) won't notice such a thing due to dirt.....because let's be real.....who in their right minds takes OFF their wheels to clean them........ no one but us!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #25
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
This is EXACTLY what ALL 4 of my wheels look like!!!

And to top it off, the area where the lug nuts go/meet is just as bad. It is really unbelievable.
Yep! Normal for these rims! Mine were the same as well!!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #26
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Wow, at least there are no rub marks... ummmm wrong sub forum.

I drive this car hard, sometimes real hard but I don't dog it. Remember that some of the broken items may be user error... present company excluded. I am close to 3000 miles now.
Tram: I'm not trying to dog Chevy entirely here. I guess this paint issue threw me over the edge. It just reeks of bad quality. Look. I'm totally ok with cost savings done right like no door to the trunk fuse box and only a passenger side back seat pocket. But the wheels and My Link are crown jewel type features to this car and the 2SS package. They are things for which I was willing to pay. extra. But a non sealed paint job and a my link that keeps resetting itself and jumbling my layout creates grave concern for me personally.

And sure. I get on my car like you, perhaps. And maybe the half shaft issue and the strut snap are user caused incidents; I've considered this similarly. But then I start to wonder "what if"....

Quality is both real and perceived. A seemingly simple paint decision (or lack thereof) behind the wheels seems innocuous .... Or is it?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #27
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'd bet that in the minds of the GM folks, they think that that part of the wheel gets rather dirty rather quickly. They probably figure that "normal" buyers (buyers who don't clean their cars as regularly as we do) won't notice such a thing due to dirt.....because let's be real.....who in their right minds takes OFF their wheels to clean them........ no one but us!
But these wheels are only on this car and the ZL1, right? I clean all the way in there myself without removing the wheels using Adam's Turbo Stick Wheel Cleaning Tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Tram: I'm not trying to dog Chevy entirely here. I guess this paint issue threw me over the edge. It just reeks of bad quality. Look. I'm totally ok with cost savings done right like no door to the trunk fuse box and only a passenger side back seat pocket. But the wheels and My Link are crown jewel type features to this car and the 2SS package. They are things for which I was willing to pay. extra. But a non sealed paint job and a my link that keeps resetting itself and jumbling my layout creates grave concern for me personally.

And sure. I get on my car like you, perhaps. And maybe the half shaft issue and the strut snap are user caused incidents; I've considered this similarly. But then I start to wonder "what if"....

Quality is both real and perceived. A seemingly simple paint decision (or lack thereof) behind the wheels seems innocuous .... Or is it?
I don't believe the wheels are an quality issue for me... paint or no paint. The orange peel and thin paint is, but I don't think it is an indicator of a poor quality vehicle. Sad but most paint jobs today on cars suck!!

The radio is flaky and I would suggest getting it flashed. FWIW chevy needs a little dogging every now and then.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote