Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Stay tuned!
Well if he was running an LFX like you I'd be a little more open to the idea lol. That said I'm curious to see what you do. Guessing this is where we may see your port fuel solution come into play
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #27
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well if he was running an LFX like you I'd be a little more open to the idea lol. That said I'm curious to see what you do. Guessing this is where we may see your port fuel solution come into play
If it works for the LFX, then it should work for the LLT (different plate, but same concept) I would think. I believe you will have to upgrade the in-tank pump to run boost and E85, but a boost-a-pump may be enough.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #28
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Derek is on the right track. The solution we use on both is to expensive adding $2900 (6 separate conventional injectors, 2 fuel railes, modified plenum cover, and ZL1 lift pump tapping into pre HPDI pump all contorlled by a touch screen standalone controller), but it lets us program each injector's delivery as well as only using them when we reach a certain A/F ratio or boost (or other applicable data feed) and that allows in theory to support up to 700-900hp as far as the fuel delivery.

The LLT IM does not distribute equally to each cylinder when it is fuel introduced in the intake tube like we did with a meth system, so the rearmost cylinders did not get the same fuel delivery as the front sets.....but controlling each injector to its coresponding port allows us to. Just pricey.

I think Dereks will be much more affordable.
Don't know how cheap it is going to be just yet, but it will allow you to direct fuel and N20 into each cylinder. We are going to try a RPM scaling system like the old fuel enrichment systems did, so not quite as complicated as Tracy's system. It is sort of a hybrid system.

Dropped the car off this morning for them to start fitting it next week. Aaron promises he'll send me photos as it progresses, but sometimes he gets so caught up in the work he forgets.

This should sit right under the IM and you will tap into the schrader valve for additional fuel. So, if you go big power you will need to make sure you can lift enough fuel for both the HPFP and this system. Guess what I'm saying is that it may end up cheaper than Tracy's multiport injector system, but it will be quite a bit more than buying a nitrous plate.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Very interesting!
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #30
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
Alright, one little chime in here from me. lol I have gotten offered an incredible deal...one that I have never thought I would get. I HAVE the money for the kit for sale, the install, and the prices involved for the trip. I just got into Clemson this semester and I was given the money for a reward from my grandparents. I got the car for high school graduation 2 years ago this March. Which I am very lucky. Yes I get that. I have always been great with money, and I have saved up my entire life just to have my dream car. I never knew the Camaro was going to be it, but it happened to fall into place lol Now being young, my car is a daily driver and I plan on keeping it until the day I cant drive it anymore. Im not an idiot behind the wheel so this kit wont be for "raising hell" like most young adults my age would do. Its more of a unique factor. You see plenty of V6 and SS around town...but how often do most people see a boosted Camaro? Not many. Which is more of the reason why I want this. So one day I can tell my kids "Back when I was your age I had a Camaro with S/C on it that I bought with my own money. And I earned by getting an education". So maybe they will understand things like I will at this age. I dont feel like I am "blowing" my money away, or that I dont understand the value of money. I just wanted other peoples opinions on this that love their cars like I do and I thought that sharing this little vent of mine would do some good to share some light on it I feel like I wont regret doing it if I do get the say so. I just want to know anything and EVERYthing about this before I do spend this much money on my car. So talk away, feel free to give any insight
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #31
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Ask us questions!!

How old are you?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #32
Patrick864 RS

Im soon to be 20 lol on St Pattys day. Which is why this deal cant come at a better time...with spring break being the 18-24. Be a good time for the install.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #33
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
What do you want to know? There are a lot of people here who can answer all of your questions

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #34
Patrick864 RS

Is there going to be any long term damage? Like will I eventually need to get new parts because of the kit? Is it going to be reliable being a DD for the next number of years? Will I regret the decision? things like that.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #35
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Mine's a DD and I use my car all day long for work (outside sales). The unit is pretty transparent unless you drift up into higher RPM's where it is really felt.

No long term damage or wear is to be expected.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
Patrick864 RS

And the last question I need cleared up is the tuning...Ive talked to Tracy and he said the tune is $250. How did you all that didnt go to him tune yours? Is it just the tune and go, or is it a dyno as well? Thats probably the thing I am most confused about.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #37
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
And the last question I need cleared up is the tuning...Ive talked to Tracy and he said the tune is $250. How did you all that didnt go to him tune yours? Is it just the tune and go, or is it a dyno as well? Thats probably the thing I am most confused about.
Those that go with the IPF get get a custom tune from IPF. Those that go with the RX kit get the tune most likely from Trifecta (especially if it is a 2011 and under car) otherwise the 2012 models can be tuned by other vendors as well.

A dyno tune is likely preferred, b/c then they can better monitor you car's fuel trims and air fuel ratios and make adjustments if necessary. Otherwise IPF or Trifecta can send you a tune which you will upload yourself.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #38
Patrick864 RS

So I have a choice of either getting the Trifecta tune and calling it a day...or going to a dyno and getting it done there? I was thinking the dyno would be more precise but I wasnt too clear on it.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #39
lscamaro

Since you're buying an RX kit, you will have to go with Trifecta for the tune. You could essentially have them send you their supercharger tune (if they have a basic sc tune) and call it a day but since you want the car to last a long time, I'd have it put on the dyno. You just need to setup an appointment with Vince and your dyno shop so that he can tune it while on the dyno. Putting it on the dyno allows him to get a better dialed in tune than if you just ask for a "canned" one so to speak.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #40
Patrick864 RS

Ok...so Im going to have to get the tune no matter what since its the RX from Trifecta and then get it on the dyno to be safe? Idk if its just me but all this is hard for me to follow today lol I guess the 2 exams I had this morning killed my brain.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #41
lscamaro

Just saw you already have a trifecta tune. Ok here's what you do.

1. You get the RX kit you're looking into buying.
2. Contact Vince and tell him you're going to need an FI tune for an RX Supercharger.
3. Ask him when he could do a dyno tune for you. Write down date and time.
4.. Contact local shops around you that have a dyno and see prices for date and time given by Vince.
5. Choose shop with cheapest price.
6. Go on date to shop and get it put on the dyno. Make a pull and send the data to Vince, he will then send you the revised tune and you load it into the car. Pull again.
7. Do this until Vince says the tune is good.
8. Done!

Old 02-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #42
Patrick864 RS

Now thats the type of explanation I was looking for! Thank you so much I now finally get it lol after about 5 attempts.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #43
lscamaro

Quote:
Now thats the type of explanation I was looking for! Thank you so much I now finally get it lol after about 5 attempts.
No problem

Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #44
Patrick864 RS

What kind of mpgs are we expected to get with these? Small increase riding around town...small decrease stomping it?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #45
lscamaro

Quote:
What kind of mpgs are we expected to get with these? Small increase riding around town...small decrease stomping it?
Yupp

Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #46
Patrick864 RS

Wellllll its that time of the year again...and the Supercharger discussion has become very serious here lately. I work my ass of and finally get enough money saved up and then everything with RX happens....so IPF has caught my eye. Its probably going to cost me a few more hundred than the original plan but it will be well worth it in my opinion. Now to bring on the questions again, the tune is going to run me $400? and then install however much that can be. I was going to ask the forum if they knew of any shops that do good work at a reasonable price in the SC/GA/NC area?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #47
BaylorCamaro
AutoX is for fast DRIVERS

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Cant_C_Me has a twin turbo set up and lives in GA. He's said in the past that there are a lot of good shops in the area.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #48
Patrick864 RS

Thanks man, maybe he can run by this thread and share some stuff. Congrats on the ZL1!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #49
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
If you were to buy a new IPF S/C, the tune is included. Did you mean to infer you were thinking of getting a used system?

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #50
Patrick864 RS

Pretty much the only problem I have ran into is finding somebody who will install. Other than that I guess I am good to go.