Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
New and Looking for Advice Before Buying Today

Hello everyone!

Long time lurker and an even longer admirer of the 5th gen Camaro. I had actually planned on buying one a couple of years ago but had to back off in order to get a few things straightened out.

Now I am in the market for one and she will be my daily driver.

A local dealer has offered a 1LT, 6spd manual, ralley stripe, rs package, cargo net, spare tire, and a rear blade spoiler.

Originally MSRP but on sale for $28,800. Willing to come down to $27265 but wants a $400 admin fee.

At the moment I am thinking of walking away from the deal but wanted to ping here for any thoughts. The price does not include the Private Event $1K off but does include two other $500 discounts.

$26665 plus TTL. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any advice. And no, I cannot swing the extra for a V8.

~V~

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers."
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Did not pull the trigger on this today but might tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: 2011 2SS L99 SGM 2013 2SSRS LS3 BRM
Is that a 2012 or 2013??
If it is a 2013 the msrp should be $29,655
The dealer should come down $2000 to $2500 before any rebates or discounts without too much haggling. Then you should be able to take you rebates/discounts off that number.
Lets say they come down $2300 to $27355 and then you take the $500 from chevy and your $1000 private offer off that, $25,855. If you are also eligible for the $500 auto show cash then you would be down to $25,355 before tax, title, license and dealer fee. $400 is high for dealer fees, try to negotiate that down to no more than $200, less if possible.
Let us know how it turns out, good luck
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

2013. I really love the Blue Ray Metallic colour. When I sent a counter offer he wanted to know if he was competing against an inferior car. I fired back the numbers we had discussed and even put what I was willing to settle at which was not too far from a price he had offered.

Discounts were the GM cash, car show, and the Private Event.

Last night and this AM I prepped my car for the trade in evaluation but I never heard from the sales guy again. Decided that I would use the money to pay off a bill and to refi the house. Maybe I will be able to swing a 2014 V8 as a second car next year.

Thanks for the reply. I knew there was more room to go but I guess they just were not that interested in selling me a car. I have been very excited the past two days at the thought of finally buying it.

Last edited by Valkyrja; 02-27-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrja View Post
2013. I really love the Blue Ray Metallic colour. When I sent a counter offer he wanted to know if he was competing against an inferior car. I fired back the numbers we had discussed and even put what I was willing to settle at which was not too far from a price he had offered.

Discounts were the GM cash, car show, and the Private Event.

Last night and this AM I prepped my car for the trade in evaluation but I never heard from the sales guy again. Decided that I would use the money to pay off a bill and to refi the house. Maybe I will be able to swing a 2014 V8 as a second car next year.

Thanks for the reply. I knew there was more room to go but I guess they just were not that interested in selling me a car. I have been very excited the past two days at the thought of finally buying it.
Congratulations! Let us know when you get the keys in your hands! You must be excited.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

The sales guy failed to contact me and now I am traveling for a week or so. The no contact ticked me off so I decided that the 2015 model would probably have a pretty blue.

I hate car shopping and thus the two year break. I am out $100 for the detailing of my old car but at least she is clean. :-) oh and having quite a bit of money in the bank is nice.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Congratulations! Let us know when you get the keys in your hands! You must be excited.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote