Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

USA - Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
IDEALG
"Chevy" rumbles best

 
IDEALG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6 speed
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: fords, nj
Posts: 3,467
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
We're all going to Carlisle

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272494
__________________
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
c_LoW29


 
c_LoW29's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 2,385
I think I will check out Carlise this year considering I went to Frederick last year and was bored out of my mind.
__________________

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
I am not trying to step on any feet here. I love all chevys I just prefer going to an all Camaro show. Yes it does suck that both events are on the same weekend. With that being said the Camaro Nationals is Thursday-Saturday and I think the GM Nationals is Friday-Sunday? So I may go and check out the GM Nationals on Sunday?
Just putting it out there......... Saturday is the day to be at the GM Nationals (IMO). I'm sure it's probably the same for the Camaro Nationals. Even some of the vendors start packing it up late morning Sunday.
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,668
Great, everyone is going to Carlisle and leaving me hangin' at the Camaro Nationals...

I understand though... It's not a "show" with events and the vendors were pretty scarce. It's a shame because the setup is pretty large and has the potential of being a blast.

I would like to check out Carlisle as well, but I have committed to showing my car with SLP again at the Camaro Nationals in Frederick.

Honestly, I think it would be better if all the C5 people that attended would pull together in one area so we can all meet each other and talk. That's what made the Fredricksburg meet so much fun.

I hope those that go to the GM nationals have fun, take pics, tell stories. Those that are coming to the Camaro Nationals please stop by the SLP booth inside and come say hi!
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #30
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,652
I have never went to Frederick because we have a lot of non Camaro customers who go to Carlisle.. Also..having it the same weekend kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
__________________
www.marylandspeed.com * 443-730-9428 * Great Prices and Experienced Service!

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #31
PhoenixZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 299
I wish SLP would go back to the GM Nationals, used to enjoy visiting their booth there every year. Not like you can buy something and take it home from the show but I enjoy seeing some of their creations and seeing a look at what they offer.
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #32
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I have never went to Frederick because we have a lot of non Camaro customers who go to Carlisle.. Also..having it the same weekend kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
I wish SLP would go back to the GM Nationals, used to enjoy visiting their booth there every year. Not like you can buy something and take it home from the show but I enjoy seeing some of their creations and seeing a look at what they offer.
__________________

Last edited by SS4Fun; 03-01-2013 at 06:25 AM.
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
I wish SLP would go back to the GM Nationals, used to enjoy visiting their booth there every year. Not like you can buy something and take it home from the show but I enjoy seeing some of their creations and seeing a look at what they offer.
I would expect them back this year (not 100% sure). In the past, I have seen them in the Tom Henry booth...so they may have been there last year.
__________________
www.marylandspeed.com * 443-730-9428 * Great Prices and Experienced Service!

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #34
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
Just putting it out there......... Saturday is the day to be at the GM Nationals (IMO). I'm sure it's probably the same for the Camaro Nationals. Even some of the vendors start packing it up late morning Sunday.


Thanks, but I am already committed to the Camaro Nationals. I still will try to go to GM Nats on Sunday.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #35
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I would expect them back this year (not 100% sure). In the past, I have seen them in the Tom Henry booth...so they may have been there last year.
Not sounding too promising again this year..... but, oh well their loss!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Thanks, but I am already committed to the Camaro Nationals. I still will try to go to GM Nats on Sunday.
That's cool..... can't go wrong either way!!!!
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #36
gmcarlisle
Event Manager
 
Drives: anything and everything
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 14
Hi Everone,

I created an account on here just to keep everyone in the loop for the 2013 GM Nationals. SS4fun asked me to post some basic info on here. I'm glad to see so many supportive 5th Gen guys coming out for the show. I just thought I would give you a basic breakdown of the show for this year:

- We are celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Turbo Buick program (1978-2013), so we should have a bunch of Grand Nationals, Turbo Ts, and maybe even a few GNXs

- We have Bobby Allison lined up to come in as a special guest for Saturday. He is doing autographs and pictures

- I am making a really big push for clubs this year, as we need club support to pull off a good show. Here are a few basic guidelines for clubs:

* Club registrations under a common club name (Camaro5.com, Upstate C 5, etc) will put you in the running for a free tent. 25 cars or more = free tent to use for cooking, socializing, etc.
Be sure to agree on whatever club name you use, as we will count cars based on the club they register with.

* Clubs will be asked to park their cars in the approriate classes (this makes voting much easier), but they will have their tent placed as close to the cars as possible

* With you being 5th Gens, you will all be in the same area anyway, so there will be little seperation of your member cars

* We welcome any and every GM to the show, so don't be afraid to bring multiple cars

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post and I will check on here frequently to keep everyone in the loop. I look very forward to meeting everyone this year at the show!

Tyler Staley - Event Manager, Carlisle GM Nationals
gmcarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #37
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10
 
ZED SLED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 4,478
Thanks for the info Tyler. This clears up some of the things I was wondering about.
__________________
Under hood airbrush by JT's Custom Paint Garage
Moroso CC, CAI Inc intake


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #38
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcarlisle View Post
Hi Everone,

I created an account on here just to keep everyone in the loop for the 2013 GM Nationals. SS4fun asked me to post some basic info on here. I'm glad to see so many supportive 5th Gen guys coming out for the show. I just thought I would give you a basic breakdown of the show for this year:

- We are celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Turbo Buick program (1978-2013), so we should have a bunch of Grand Nationals, Turbo Ts, and maybe even a few GNXs

- We have Bobby Allison lined up to come in as a special guest for Saturday. He is doing autographs and pictures

- I am making a really big push for clubs this year, as we need club support to pull off a good show. Here are a few basic guidelines for clubs:

* Club registrations under a common club name (Camaro5.com, Upstate C 5, etc) will put you in the running for a free tent. 25 cars or more = free tent to use for cooking, socializing, etc.
Be sure to agree on whatever club name you use, as we will count cars based on the club they register with.

* Clubs will be asked to park their cars in the approriate classes (this makes voting much easier), but they will have their tent placed as close to the cars as possible

* With you being 5th Gens, you will all be in the same area anyway, so there will be little seperation of your member cars

* We welcome any and every GM to the show, so don't be afraid to bring multiple cars

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post and I will check on here frequently to keep everyone in the loop. I look very forward to meeting everyone this year at the show!

Tyler Staley - Event Manager, Carlisle GM Nationals
Thanks....... Tyler!!
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
gmcarlisle
Event Manager
 
Drives: anything and everything
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 14
Always happy to help!
gmcarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #40
PhoenixZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 299
Having all the same model year in one area is a huge bonus, IMO. That was a huge disappointment with the Camaro Nationals in Frederick as I seemed to have no 5th gens parked anywhere near me. If anyone is thinking about getting a Camaro5 group together for the GM Nationals, I'd love to be a part of it.
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #41
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10
 
ZED SLED's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 4,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
Having all the same model year in one area is a huge bonus, IMO. That was a huge disappointment with the Camaro Nationals in Frederick as I seemed to have no 5th gens parked anywhere near me. If anyone is thinking about getting a Camaro5 group together for the GM Nationals, I'd love to be a part of it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272494
__________________
Under hood airbrush by JT's Custom Paint Garage
Moroso CC, CAI Inc intake


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #42
jessicamariella
Chase me...
 
jessicamariella's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Cumberland, Pennsylvania...
Posts: 184
I might be biased by liking/preferring Carlisle since it's near where I live. ;-) I was hoping to make it to Carlisle this year, but will be volunteering.

And my 2 weeks of guard duty are almost always during Carlisle, so I've been lusting to go for a while now. I never knew they had one in MD......
__________________
Jessica Reed
Instagram @jessicamariella or Let's be friends https://www.facebook.com/greeneyedphotog
jessicamariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #43
PhoenixZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Awesome! Thanks!
PhoenixZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #44
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
Having all the same model year in one area is a huge bonus, IMO. That was a huge disappointment with the Camaro Nationals in Frederick as I seemed to have no 5th gens parked anywhere near me. If anyone is thinking about getting a Camaro5 group together for the GM Nationals, I'd love to be a part of it.
The "Group" will be at the Camaro5 Tent!!!
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #45
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
The "Group" will be at the Camaro5 Tent!!!
Going to have to go to GM nationals next year. Sounds like it will be a good turn out. They are going to need like 10 tents with your guys turn out.
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #46
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Going to have to go to GM nationals next year. Sounds like it will be a good turn out. They are going to need like 10 tents with your guys turn out.
Well............ need to talk to SLP about that before next year.
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #47
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
Well............ need to talk to SLP about that before next year.
I'm a free agent. ;-) I just already committed to shows this year.
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #48
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015


"Miss Thing" is back home!!!!
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #49
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,668
Awesome, everything worked out? Mine is back in two weeks!
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #50
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Awesome, everything worked out? Mine is back in two weeks!
Thanks!!!! Haven't really checked her out yet, (of course it had to rain today) but I'm sure. It's been over a month!!! I got her back on my birthday!!! Are you going to keep "Tribute"?
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.