Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #86
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsKiMo HuNtEr66 View Post
The only really cool experience I've had was that I overslept and was running late to school for a test. When I got to the school parking lot I noticed an empty spot close to my class so without hesitation I parked my car and ran as fast as I could to class. When I got out of class I thought I didn't do great on the test and when I got back to my car I noticed a paper that looked like a parking citation on my windshield. I thought great maybe I should check my tires to see if I got a flat seeing that my day couldn't get any worse. When I read the citation it said "Nice car i'll let you off this time. P.S. don't park in the staff only spot." I had no idea that was the reason the spot was open.

Not as good as some of the other stories but it was great for me and I ended up getting a B on my test!!!

Still a good story!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #87
2ss-booya

 
2ss-booya's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 962
I was at a gas station, and a older guy pulled around in his 1980ish toyota truck and says:

Guy: "So what's a ZL1?"
Me: (thinking...wtf? this is ridiculous lol) "It's the fastest production camaro with 580 hp"
Guy: "Cool, how big is the motor?"
Me: "6.2 Liters"
Guy: "What's that?"
Me: (yikes this guy has no idea does he lol) "376 cubic inches"
Guy: "oh....well hopefully it's worth something someday"
Me:
2ss-booya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #88
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
I was at a gas station, and a older guy pulled around in his 1980ish toyota truck and says:

Guy: "So what's a ZL1?"
Me: (thinking...wtf? this is ridiculous lol) "It's the fastest production camaro with 580 hp"
Guy: "Cool, how big is the motor?"
Me: "6.2 Liters"
Guy: "What's that?"
Me: (yikes this guy has no idea does he lol) "376 cubic inches"
Guy: "oh....well hopefully it's worth something someday"
Me:

Some people just have no idea huh?
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #89
Zee-Ell-One
Yooz gotta B freekin kidn
 
Zee-Ell-One's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 6mt ZL1#826
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ventuky Ca.
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
My cousin from out of town was visiting the other day and has never heard of a ZL1. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he hesitantly said "Yeah sure??" About the halfway point of our ride I floored it from a roll in 2nd gear and ole cousin "Nancy" started freaking as slammed 3rd gear. As the ZL1 slowed to a legal speed, out of his mouth comes "I hope this thing has heated seats, if not, I might have just shit my pants!" -CLASSIC
now that is truly funny shit...LOLOL!!!!
__________________
The Zeldabeast! A True Thoroughbred Road Warrior!
Zee-Ell-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #90
Zee-Ell-One
Yooz gotta B freekin kidn
 
Zee-Ell-One's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 6mt ZL1#826
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ventuky Ca.
Posts: 191
ZL1 SICKNESS

I have about 4500 miles on her now.. I've had 2 women, three grown men and a tweener on the brink of vomitting on separate occasions of course...one of those men squeeled like a pigglett for me to slow down and said he saw his life flash before his eyes and thought death was eminent as we entered a 70mph sweeper under hard braking (this dude is all tatted up and rides a harley)..another gal said my car made her wet looking at it... Ive drag raced a beemer 750 to be caught up to by the driver at the next light who asked me, is that barely a better one than the SS holmes?
__________________
The Zeldabeast! A True Thoroughbred Road Warrior!
Zee-Ell-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #91
Diseased Yak
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Posts: 18
This is the first car I've owned that has gotten this much attention, and I love it. People taking pics with their cell phones, people gawking at you at stop lights, the list goes on and on.

One time, not long after I first got it, I pulled into a local burger joint. I went in and sitting right at the front where he could look out the front window was a sheriff's deputy. He looks at me and goes "Thanks for dropping my car off!"

Another time I was pulling into my apartment complex and an older gentleman (I'd guess in his late 60's) whips in with an old Camaro ('69 I think) beside me. He hops out and goes "IS THAT THE NEW ZL1????!!!!" He says he had seen me drive by a few times but hadn't got a clear look. We spent half an hour just looking around our respective cars and talking about them. Finally, I realize he would probably like to take a rid in the Z, so I asked him "Hey, you got somewhere to be right now?" His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he realized what I was asking. "No!" he says. I nodded at my car, "Let's go for a ride." I burned him through a couple of miles and some twisting roads we have near where I live.

I swear I added 10 years to his life, he couldn't sit still he was so excited!
Diseased Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #92
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
I have about 4500 miles on her now.. I've had 2 women, three grown men and a tweener on the brink of vomitting on separate occasions of course...one of those men squeeled like a pigglett for me to slow down and said he saw his life flash before his eyes and thought death was eminent as we entered a 70mph sweeper under hard braking (this dude is all tatted up and rides a harley)..another gal said my car made her wet looking at it... Ive drag raced a beemer 750 to be caught up to by the driver at the next light who asked me, is that barely a better one than the SS holmes?
That is really Funny!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #93
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
...I took mine out today for a ride and waived at a guy with a yellow Camaro with black wheels that looked like a Transformers car and he looked at me with no response....LOL...
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #94
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseased Yak View Post
This is the first car I've owned that has gotten this much attention, and I love it. People taking pics with their cell phones, people gawking at you at stop lights, the list goes on and on.

One time, not long after I first got it, I pulled into a local burger joint. I went in and sitting right at the front where he could look out the front window was a sheriff's deputy. He looks at me and goes "Thanks for dropping my car off!"

Another time I was pulling into my apartment complex and an older gentleman (I'd guess in his late 60's) whips in with an old Camaro ('69 I think) beside me. He hops out and goes "IS THAT THE NEW ZL1????!!!!" He says he had seen me drive by a few times but hadn't got a clear look. We spent half an hour just looking around our respective cars and talking about them. Finally, I realize he would probably like to take a rid in the Z, so I asked him "Hey, you got somewhere to be right now?" His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning as he realized what I was asking. "No!" he says. I nodded at my car, "Let's go for a ride." I burned him through a couple of miles and some twisting roads we have near where I live.

I swear I added 10 years to his life, he couldn't sit still he was so excited!



Great "Camaroderie" story Thanks for sharing!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #95
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,544
With SEMA having some of best custom cars on display under one roof; my attention getting story is with picture below!

I forgot the guys name, but he stopped me on the way out of the show to talk abou my ZL1



He then introduce me to the host of "Counting Cars" show on the History channel and all I can write is you will see it soon on the show
__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #96
MY CA.ZL1
 
MY CA.ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #698
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: monterey.ca.
Posts: 176
I was out having dinner with a date and could see my ZL1 thru the front window of the building.I looked up and there was several police officers from 5 diff.cities around my car. Some was looking inside with flashlights and the other officers were walking around the car with flashlights.with no front lic.place on the car i thought for sure the officer looking at the front end was going to write me a ticket.after about 20 minutes i went outside to ask if there was any problems.the officers all started laughing and started asking questions about the car.we talked for a very long time.While my date was bored i had a great time talking with the officers.A great evening for sure.lol:flag2:
MY CA.ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #97
HDRDTD


 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trenton, Michigan
Posts: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
With SEMA having some of best custom cars on display under one roof; my attention getting story is with picture below!

I forgot the guys name, but he stopped me on the way out of the show to talk abou my ZL1


He then introduce me to the host of "Counting Cars" show on the History channel and all I can write is you will see it soon on the show
Isn't that the show that stars a character called 'The Count' that buys/builds custom hot rods? He wears this ugly black headband that must be 8" high?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #98
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
With SEMA having some of best custom cars on display under one roof; my attention getting story is with picture below!

I forgot the guys name, but he stopped me on the way out of the show to talk abou my ZL1



He then introduce me to the host of "Counting Cars" show on the History channel and all I can write is you will see it soon on the show
Great looking Z!! This is the one with the wide body conversion,right??



Yeah this guy looks familiar. I also do not remember his name. He also is on one of those shows. Cool story, look forward to seeing your car on an upcoming show.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #99
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Isn't that the show that stars a character called 'The Count' that buys/builds custom hot rods? He wears this ugly black headband that must be 8" high?

Yes I also dont remember his name.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #100
DRKS1D3


 
DRKS1D3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Yes I also dont remember his name.
His name is Danny "The Count" that owns Count's Customs in Vegas. He is the expert car guy on Pawn Stars and then they offered him his own show.
__________________
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (BOUGHT NEW 4-2011)--6 SPEED, K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS, JBA HIGH-FLOW CATS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866 (BOUGHT NEW 6-2012)--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #101
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
My turn!

About a month ago I was on my way home from work. I had pasted a 4th gen as I was getting on to the freeway. As I was cruising home the guy in the 4th gen seen me. He floored it to catch up to me. When he was along side of me he started to take pictures with one hand while driving with his other. After he got a couple side shots he took off a couple hundred feet ahead of me so he could get a shot of me driving past him. Afterwards he gave me a thumbs up and he slowed down. Made me nervous with his erratic driving but was kind of cool.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #102
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z
 
CanadianZL1#992's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 Davenport Stage 5+
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,360
Last weekend my wife and I were at a local restaurant having dinner out on the patio. One, it was a nice night and two, I could keep my eye on my car. I had it backed in taking up two spots for safety purposes, about 10 minutes after we sat down I noticed this fairly well build young blonde in a short dress walking across the parking lot. So did a lot of the other people sitting outside, including my wife. Lol. As she passes by my car she stopped, walked over, bent over to look in the window, then backed up and took a couple of pictures with her cell phone. After she took the pictures she just kind of lingered around it looking around as if maybe the owner would happen by. I guess I must have had a funny smirk on my face because I was snapped back to reality by my wife loudly saying "REALLY!!!!! Dream on!!!"

Last edited by CanadianZL1#992; 09-13-2013 at 09:36 AM.
CanadianZL1#992 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.