Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #52
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Why did you choose to go with shorties, the will add close to nothing interns of power?


Sent from my 2SS/RS
Like frid said, I chose shorties because I paid 500 for my warranty when I got the car a month ago and I really didn't want to see myself throwing 500 away that quick and god forbid something happen to my car and its not covered. I'd rather cover my ass now for awhile and then later swap out for long tubes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #53
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Like frid said, I chose shorties because I paid 500 for my warranty when I got the car a month ago and I really didn't want to see myself throwing 500 away that quick and god forbid something happen to my car and its not covered. I'd rather cover my ass now for awhile and then later swap out for long tubes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh so you decided to live with the AFM, I thought you were going to tune.
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #54
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Oh so you decided to live with the AFM, I thought you were going to tune.
Yeah I decided to live with the AFM atleast for now, I actually learned how to over ride it using tap shift and knowing when to shift without kicking it on at all honestly. I still shift between 2500 and 3000k rpm (unless I'm punching it on the highway) but learned to give it some gas as im going through the shift and not just hold a speed during shifting. With that said.. it barely comes on anymore. If I shift and stay at a constant speed or give it little gas while I tap shift it normally turns on. In two weeks it's might have turned on twice which really doesn't bother me for the 10 secs it happens. I found that the sweet spot is usually about 2500 - 2700 rpms depending on the gear, which keeps me in the no AFM safe zone. Cant say this is the fix for the AFM, but it certainly works in my favor very well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Vengeance Graphix; 02-21-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #55
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Update: Had some left over carbon fiber vinyl laying around so I wrapped the gold inside the bowtie. The front is now offically all blacked out and looks awesome!



Had to take this one from inside the house sine I couldnt back up enough. (The grid looking stuff is the screen door)
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #56
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,584
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Looks great bro good work.
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #57
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!
 
nyrfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 10,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Yeah I decided to live with the AFM atleast for now, I actually learned how to over ride it using tap shift and knowing when to shift without kicking it on at all honestly. I still shift between 2500 and 3000k rpm (unless I'm punching it on the highway) but learned to give it some gas as im going through the shift and not just hold a speed during shifting. With that said.. it barely comes on anymore. If I shift and stay at a constant speed or give it little gas while I tap shift it normally turns on. In two weeks it's might have turned on twice which really doesn't bother me for the 10 secs it happens. I found that the sweet spot is usually about 2500 - 2700 rpms depending on the gear, which keeps me in the no AFM safe zone. Cant say this is the fix for the AFM, but it certainly works in my favor very well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your a better man then me, I can't take it. Tuning that crap out next week.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
__________________
Soprano 4/1/00-6/14/11, Gone but NEVER forgotten!
FSP tuned: 377/389
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #58
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Looks great bro good work.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Your a better man then me, I can't take it. Tuning that crap out next week.


Sent from my 2SS/RS
Ill see how long I like my shorty headers, ill be putting them on in a few weeks once it gets warmer out. If i end up not really feeling them as much as i thought i would, ill most likely sell them and swap out for long tubes and then just tune the car along with the AFM if it comes to that..
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #59
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Update: My Lloyds IOM embroidered floor mats came in today. They look great! and the IOM colored stitching matches perfectly to the paint and interior



Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #60
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Update:
Nice day out so decided to take some shots yesterday

Took some shots of the SS today












Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #61
One Sick Camaro
"The one" coming soon...
 
One Sick Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 09 HHR SS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,563
looking good still jealous lol
__________________
One Sick Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #62
redirish

 
redirish's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS/M6/IOM/IOM/WHTRALLY
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edison New Jersey
Posts: 1,129
Nice shots SSYDNEY is looking good!
__________________
Vortech V3 Polished Supercharger Kit, Dynatech 1 7/8" Coated Headers, Street Slayer Twin Carbon Clutch,DSS 1000HP Axles, ZL1 373 rear,MGW Short Shifter with White Retro Knob, Race Ready Exhaust Cutouts, BMR Trailing Arms, Separate Clutch Reservoir, Tick Clutch Line, Tick Clutch Bleeder, ZL1 Pedal Covers
BUILT BY IDEAL GARAGE TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING 1/8 Mile 8.64@75.28 1/4 Mile 12.94@107.61 BoneStock Best time on DR's 11.60@124MPH
redirish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #63
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Sick Camaro View Post
looking good still jealous lol
haha thanks Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
Nice shots SSYDNEY is looking good!
Thanks!
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #64
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Update: Just ordered some stuff from Adams Car Care Havent had a good chance to really detail the car since i picked her up since the beginning of Janurary. The car has tons of swirls from the previous owner that stick out like a sore thumb so im hoping to have this looking back to showroom after the whole machine polishing. Since the weather will be getting nicer i figured id get my clean on lol

Will eventually be doing before and after photos as well to show the difference
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #65
Tribute

 
Tribute's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Update: Just ordered some stuff from Adams Car Care Havent had a good chance to really detail the car since i picked her up since the beginning of Janurary. The car has tons of swirls from the previous owner that stick out like a sore thumb so im hoping to have this looking back to showroom after the whole machine polishing. Since the weather will be getting nicer i figured id get my clean on lol

Will eventually be doing before and after photos as well to show the difference
Should look great. Lookin forward to before and after shots!
__________________
My Build Journal
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #66
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12
 
Kronix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Jersey & SoCal
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
Update: Just ordered some stuff from Adams Car Care Havent had a good chance to really detail the car since i picked her up since the beginning of Janurary. The car has tons of swirls from the previous owner that stick out like a sore thumb so im hoping to have this looking back to showroom after the whole machine polishing. Since the weather will be getting nicer i figured id get my clean on lol

Will eventually be doing before and after photos as well to show the difference

That's all I use Chris, and it's the best stuff I've ever used in 20+ years of waxing/detailing my cars. Did you get a Porter Cable? That's the best investment you can make to go with the Adam's products, I believe he sells them on the site but Ebay may have them a little cheaper.

Seeing your NJ license plates, reminds me I should check NJ to see if they have my custom plate available. Soon I'll be doing the anti LL Cool J song, Going Back to Jersey, and then maybe we can hook up for some cruises.
__________________

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #67
Vengeance Graphix


 
Vengeance Graphix's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
That's all I use Chris, and it's the best stuff I've ever used in 20+ years of waxing/detailing my cars. Did you get a Porter Cable? That's the best investment you can make to go with the Adam's products, I believe he sells them on the site but Ebay may have them a little cheaper.

Seeing your NJ license plates, reminds me I should check NJ to see if they have my custom plate available. Soon I'll be doing the anti LL Cool J song, Going Back to Jersey, and then maybe we can hook up for some cruises.
I did get the PC as well and cant wait to use it! Going to make this thing shine like the heavens

Yeah a cruise is a must!
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #68
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,694
Nice build! Love the color combo.
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.