Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars Camaro5 Sponsors' Camaro Build/Poroject Showcase

Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
rolac79

Drives: 2011 SLP ZL560
UPGRADE TIME..PLEASE HELP

I have a 2011 2SS w/rs body package. At this point haven't made any upgrades, let's be honest car doesn't need much to begin with but here's what I want to do. I looked at the SLP option, possibly the ZL585 or ZL600 from SLP performance which is 3 hrs from me. My dealer where I got the car no longer is an SLP dealer. My next option was to go HTR from another local dealer, they moved to Miami. Now I have no problem ordering and installing parts myself or if not finding different vendors to help me out. The issue is I want the GM approved aftermarket warranty to cover the work, cuz not only does it cover the new parts but in the case of SLP it extends the original warranty. I live in upstate NY about 3 hrs from the city, I am looking for a reputable establishment with GM approval and warranty backing that not only are trustworthy but don't take 2 months to complete the job. I'm looking for a supercharged L99 with cold air, axle back exhaust, new cam. As for exterior excessories, slp offers functional hood and spoiler and badging. Don't care for new wheels or brakes since I have the 20's w/ brembos but I do want the eibach drop front and rear. Based upon pricing between, SLP, HTR and Hennessey I'm looking at $10,500 to $15,500. Any help out there?
rolac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Driver44

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The only place I know of kind of close by to you would be Tom Henry Chevrolet - I am not sure what all they provide with it, since I did not choose them to do my work. But I choose New Era Performance in Rochester NY since they specialize in GMs and were alot closer to home for me (2 hours vs. Six). And the folks at New Era rock.
Driver44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
The second you add the cam, the SLP warranty is gone. In order to keep the warranty in place, it has to be 100% stock. That includes the rims and tire sizes. A buddy just went through that process with SLP.

I'd look for a reputable shop that can take care of you up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolac79 View Post
I have a 2011 2SS w/rs body package. At this point haven't made any upgrades, let's be honest car doesn't need much to begin with but here's what I want to do. I looked at the SLP option, possibly the ZL585 or ZL600 from SLP performance which is 3 hrs from me. My dealer where I got the car no longer is an SLP dealer. My next option was to go HTR from another local dealer, they moved to Miami. Now I have no problem ordering and installing parts myself or if not finding different vendors to help me out. The issue is I want the GM approved aftermarket warranty to cover the work, cuz not only does it cover the new parts but in the case of SLP it extends the original warranty. I live in upstate NY about 3 hrs from the city, I am looking for a reputable establishment with GM approval and warranty backing that not only are trustworthy but don't take 2 months to complete the job. I'm looking for a supercharged L99 with cold air, axle back exhaust, new cam. As for exterior excessories, slp offers functional hood and spoiler and badging. Don't care for new wheels or brakes since I have the 20's w/ brembos but I do want the eibach drop front and rear. Based upon pricing between, SLP, HTR and Hennessey I'm looking at $10,500 to $15,500. Any help out there?
Hello and Welcome!

JRE is Close by and I invite you to call and talk with me with your concerns and Project.

We are an Authorized SLP Installation facility and can easily meet and exceed your needs.

We currently have 10 Gen5s at various stages of build in the shop as I type this.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
I can get you 600 warrantied horsepower, pick up, and deliver your car back within your budget.

Give me a call at 713.650.5341. If you want a cam I can sell you an NA package that makes similar power to the 585 package from another tuner, and get you a pretty phenomenal sound.
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote