Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Mikamaro
Mike
 
Mikamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: A 2010 CAMARO SS LS3 1LE Track Pack
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Land of the GenIV Camaros & Firebirds.
Posts: 1,375
Recruting Performance drivers

We are looking for new members in the Performance Driver social group:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=244
__________________

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,531
A great group with really good info!! Been meaning to PM you to come over here and recruit!
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo
 
scubadoo7's Avatar
 
Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax Station Va.
Posts: 849
The summit point fatt is looking real good. April will be my date to shoot for. You made it very easy by posting this information. Heck, even track insurance prices are listed. Much appreciated.
__________________
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:59 AM   #4
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,531
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Mgizzle
 
Mgizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 587
This is what i was looking for, how do I join?
__________________
I work for General Motors and am not an official spokes person for General Motors. My views and opinions are my own and not those of General Motors.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Friday looks to be an epic day for Laguna,cant wait
http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day...+USCA0724:1:US
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR
 
Lumino1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
The summit point fatt is looking real good. April will be my date to shoot for. You made it very easy by posting this information. Heck, even track insurance prices are listed. Much appreciated.
Scuba - you should join me at the SCCA PDX on March 9-10 - Summit Point. I'm signed up.

It should be a blast.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
We need to get the word out,i received this email from hookedondriving and told them i would post this on camaro5
Hi Mark…it was very nice to meet you at Laguna on Friday. You looked to be handling the track very well in your Camaro. I did not get a chance to talk to you at the end of the day but did want to follow up with the brief conversation we had about what HOD can do to get the Camaro groups on track more often.

As I mentioned we see a lot of Mustangs (Boss, GT, Roush, Shelby, etc) but rarely a Camaro. I would love to contact anyone or group that might have some interest in putting together a Camaro day at Laguna…."Camaro's at the Corkscrew". Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Hope you enjoyed your day with HOD and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Gordon Sanderson
Director Business Development
Hooked on Driving
916-296-3888-Cell
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
Mikamaro
Mike
 
Mikamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: A 2010 CAMARO SS LS3 1LE Track Pack
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Land of the GenIV Camaros & Firebirds.
Posts: 1,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
We need to get the word out,i received this email from hookedondriving and told them i would post this on camaro5
Hi Mark…it was very nice to meet you at Laguna on Friday. You looked to be handling the track very well in your Camaro. I did not get a chance to talk to you at the end of the day but did want to follow up with the brief conversation we had about what HOD can do to get the Camaro groups on track more often.

As I mentioned we see a lot of Mustangs (Boss, GT, Roush, Shelby, etc) but rarely a Camaro. I would love to contact anyone or group that might have some interest in putting together a Camaro day at Laguna…."Camaro's at the Corkscrew". Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Hope you enjoyed your day with HOD and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Gordon Sanderson
Director Business Development
Hooked on Driving
916-296-3888-Cell
LAgune Seca... the Corkscrew....
I hope you guys know how lucky you are...I would be ther every weekend!!

Thanks for sharing those great videos last week cornerspeed92 !!
It looks like you were the 3rd fastest of the group...?
Man, the 1LE is a killing time machine.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group....#gmessage50283
__________________

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010.

Last edited by Mikamaro; 03-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Enjoy
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #11
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
We are looking for new members in the Performance Driver social group:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=244
I guess I'm one even though I can't race this year.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Mikamaro
Mike
 
Mikamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: A 2010 CAMARO SS LS3 1LE Track Pack
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Land of the GenIV Camaros & Firebirds.
Posts: 1,375
ARRRRRRRRRRRRR......RRRRRR.....1:48.84 wow!! Congrats. well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Enjoy
__________________

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Thanks not bad for never being there before.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Phdpsy
 
Phdpsy's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 126
That was great! Can't wait to get to the track first week of April and then run Circuit of the Americas in June!
Phdpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdpsy View Post
That was great! Can't wait to get to the track first week of April and then run Circuit of the Americas in June!
Would you please PM me all the info you have about the people running this track day,i have to go there
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
Phdpsy
 
Phdpsy's Avatar
 
Drives: SW 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 126
Sure.
Phdpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #17
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo
 
scubadoo7's Avatar
 
Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax Station Va.
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
Scuba - you should join me at the SCCA PDX on March 9-10 - Summit Point. I'm signed up.

It should be a blast.
Just saw your post this morning.Sorry I can't make that event, but would like to do one in the near future. You should meet up with other Camaro owners at Fairlakes cars and coffee tomorrow morning.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR
 
Lumino1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 258
I just got back from my first ever (car only has 2900 miles) track (Summit Point) day with my 1LE and it was, no exaggeration, FANTASTIC!

My normal track car is a 1996 BMW M3 with full suspension and Toyo Proxies. The 1LE was a dream to drive. I am really impressed. One more day to go, can't wait. Weather was just perfect and tomorrow is supposed to be even better.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
I just got back from my first ever (car only has 2900 miles) track (Summit Point) day with my 1LE and it was, no exaggeration, FANTASTIC!

My normal track car is a 1996 BMW M3 with full suspension and Toyo Proxies. The 1LE was a dream to drive. I am really impressed. One more day to go, can't wait. Weather was just perfect and tomorrow is supposed to be even better.
....of course it was the 1LE rocks!
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #20
Monte Mac
 
Monte Mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 1LE, 14 Cruze ECO M6, 84 MonteSS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deaborn Heights, MI
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Enjoy
VERY cool. What camera/audio setup were you using. Also what did you use to get all the G - meter ETC up there?

I'm just getting the bug for road courses and that would be sweet to have that stuff. I currently have a Gopro hero2 and just ordered a mic for it as I was unsatisfied with the audio.
__________________



[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
VERY cool. What camera/audio setup were you using. Also what did you use to get all the G - meter ETC up there?

I'm just getting the bug for road courses and that would be sweet to have that stuff. I currently have a Gopro hero2 and just ordered a mic for it as I was unsatisfied with the audio.
Thats all on the program that the guy from vision wells when he put his cameras and G meter on my car.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #22
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
What i would give to do this
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
Monte Mac
 
Monte Mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 1LE, 14 Cruze ECO M6, 84 MonteSS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deaborn Heights, MI
Posts: 436
OH ok. Did that cost you or is that part of the track event?
__________________



[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #24
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
OH ok. Did that cost you or is that part of the track event?
No thats not part of the track day,it was a video production (company)person that put the cameras,and G-meter on my car.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #25
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,929
Finally got it so here's the whole 4th session,enjoy.

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.