Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #26
Bluestreak 2010

 
Bluestreak 2010's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,682
This year is going to be MUCH harder since there is no true set of dominant teams. If there was ever a year to pick "upsets" like crazy, or fill out your brackets by flipping a coin, this is the year. One thing is for sure, this tournament will be a blast to watch unfold!
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #27
Apex Paul

 
Apex Paul's Avatar
 
Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Getting psyched. I have no idea this year as neither Mike nor I have kept up with it much this year. But if it is anything like last year, that might not matter much.
Like bluestreak says, sometimes it a coin toss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak 2010 View Post
This year is going to be MUCH harder since there is no true set of dominant teams. If there was ever a year to pick "upsets" like crazy, or fill out your brackets by flipping a coin, this is the year. One thing is for sure, this tournament will be a blast to watch unfold!
Around here we are keeping our fingers crossed for Louisville. After the football team's Sugar Bowl win over Florida, an NCAA Basketball Championship would be "real nice".

__________________
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,204
the March Maddness teams are announced now so time to make your selections!
__________________
RubyCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #29
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
the March Maddness teams are announced now so time to make your selections!
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #30
WildcatSS
 
WildcatSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 71
I like Arizona's bracket. Out west with all our fans. Better than getting a higher seed and being forced out east. Let the games begin!!!
WildcatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #31
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatSS View Post
I like Arizona's bracket. Out west with all our fans. Better than getting a higher seed and being forced out east. Let the games begin!!!
Go AZ...

I'm in...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #32
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,414
Picks are in......GO CUSE!!
__________________
kjkjr27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #33
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Picks are in......GO CUSE!!
I'm guessing that you didn't enjoy Saturday night. What a game.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #34
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 17,952
Had the whole chart done in about 3 mins. I just made sure it made sense bracketwise lol. No idea about any of the teams...I have Louisville winning it all vs Kansas...it just so happened my random picks ended up with the top 1 seeds in the final lol.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #35
NYJets77

 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,282
Not playing, but thought those delicious little red shorts needed a shout-out.

NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #36
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,957
picks saved. no need to submit anything right? just save?
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #37
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Had the whole chart done in about 3 mins. I just made sure it made sense bracketwise lol. No idea about any of the teams...I have Louisville winning it all vs Kansas...it just so happened my random picks ended up with the top 1 seeds in the final lol.
i have 2 number 1's a number 2 and a number 3 in the final 4.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #38
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,204
Grrrrrrrrrrr, I'm bored at work since no clients are getting out in the rain, so I thought I'd do my brackets. The site is blocked because it is "gambling". Grrrrrrrrrrr. Oh, well, I'll just have to do it tonight.
__________________

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 03-18-2013 at 08:36 PM.
RubyCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #39
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Grrrrrrrrrrr, I'm bored at work since no cloients are getting out in hte rain, so I thought I'd do my brackets. The site is blocked because it is "gambling". Grrrrrrrrrrr. Oh, well, I'll just have to do it tonight.
Figures. Some employers are so anti-fun.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #40
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,204
Okay guesses are in. Mike signed up & submitted his too.
__________________
RubyCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #41
Apex Paul

 
Apex Paul's Avatar
 
Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
i have 2 number 1's a number 2 and a number 3 in the final 4.

Just make sure to pick the tie breaker, too!
__________________
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #42
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
Just make sure to pick the tie breaker, too!
i did.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #43
WildcatSS
 
WildcatSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 71
Filled out my bracket. Don't think anyone else will have the same as me. Some upsets later on in the tourney. Interesting...
WildcatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #44
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatSS View Post
Filled out my bracket. Don't think anyone else will have the same as me. Some upsets later on in the tourney. Interesting...
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #45
Apex Paul

 
Apex Paul's Avatar
 
Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatSS View Post
Filled out my bracket. Don't think anyone else will have the same as me. Some upsets later on in the tourney. Interesting...
I sneaked in and took a peek, since I can see everyone's picks. I might post up some data about some of the more interesting choices if I get a chance in the next day or two.
__________________
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #46
WildcatSS
 
WildcatSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
I sneaked in and took a peek, since I can see everyone's picks. I might post up some data about some of the more interesting choices if I get a chance in the next day or two.
This year's tough. There's not any true standout team. Kansas lost to TCU. Michigan lost to Penn State. Gonzaga hasn't played anyone and when they did they lost (Butler-that was a great game too). Miami lost early on in pre conference. Duke doesn't impress. My team, Arizona has been inconsistent (although we are undefeated in non-conference).

Anyone can get hot an have a good run.
WildcatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #47
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatSS View Post
This year's tough. There's not any true standout team. Kansas lost to TCU. Michigan lost to Penn State. Gonzaga hasn't played anyone and when they did they lost (Butler-that was a great game too). Miami lost early on in pre conference. Duke doesn't impress. My team, Arizona has been inconsistent (although we are undefeated in non-conference).

Anyone can get hot an have a good run.
So true. It is going to be a fun tournament and it all starts in just a few hours.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #48
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,957



edit: earliest game is 12:15pm today, right? mich st vs. valparaiso?
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #49
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE
 
SM0KE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IN THE CIRCLE
Posts: 1,928
Im in
__________________
Increasing Circle Size is not important.
Worthiness will knock at the door on it's own accord


SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #50
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post



edit: earliest game is 12:15pm today, right? mich st vs. valparaiso?
Yeah, Michigan St v Valparaiso is at 12:15EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
Im in
The more the merrier. Spread the word. There is still time to sign up.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
apex motorsports, mod madness

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.