Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Eagle One Nanowax

Always liked it for my Black Vette, I said to hell with trying new stuff, stick with an old standby, I think you'll agree it worked out. BTW thanks Moose for the stripe waxing tips!













__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
Thrillz


 
Thrillz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,535
Its a hard product to get around these parts. Wallys phased it out on huge discounts and not many other companys carry it any more. Cars look awesome btw

Last edited by Thrillz; 06-29-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Its a hard product to get around these parts. Wallys phased is out on huge discounts and not many other companys carry it any more. Cars look awesome btw
Yeah I noticed at Advance yesterday that they only had the Nanowax spray detailer, but not the actual wax. I have this bottle thats like 2 years old thats still good. Probably have enough to do 1 more car... I wonder if they still make it?
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
nards444

 
nards444's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New york
Posts: 2,128
yeah i think some of this new stuff is gimic and waste of money and time(zaino). Not all waxes are equal but with a clay bar and any wax on the shelf they all seem to be the same. I dont use it now I use mothers but Nufinish seems to have been some of the best stuff Ive ever used.
__________________
2010 1SS/RS Black, CGM stripes, polished Rims, Tinted windows, Hurst shifter
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Always liked it for my Black Vette, I said to hell with trying new stuff, stick with an old standby, I think you'll agree it worked out. BTW thanks Moose for the stripe waxing tips!
You're very welcome! Your Camaro looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
yeah i think some of this new stuff is gimic and waste of money and time(zaino). Not all waxes are equal but with a clay bar and any wax on the shelf they all seem to be the same. I dont use it now I use mothers but Nufinish seems to have been some of the best stuff Ive ever used.
Zaino has been around for a long time.

There are other products available which do a great job of providing an incredible shine and good protection. It's been my experience that Zaino offers the best durability.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
DEW
 
Drives: Hoopdee
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Detroit
Posts: 263
Speaking of Ziano, how long should I wait before applying my first coat of Ziano? Just picked up the car 2 days ago.
__________________
2LT - CYBER GRAY METALLIC - BLACK RALLY STRIPES - MANUAL TRANNY - POLISHED 19" WHEELS

BUILD - 6/12/2009
Airaid V2, Flowmaster AT
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEW View Post
Speaking of Ziano, how long should I wait before applying my first coat of Ziano? Just picked up the car 2 days ago.
You can go ahead and begin. Your paint is ready.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
jdbaker82
Banned
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 425
I love black cars so much but I hate how you have to wash them at minimum two times per week to keep a nice shine up.
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
SRFnSNO
 
SRFnSNO's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown & Flamed
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jerzy
Posts: 651
I recently picked up a offer on a Eagle one Car clean package.
64oz Nano-wash & Wax
64oz Easi-Dri
18oz NanoWax Spray
26oz 20/20 Glass Cleaner Spray
28oz A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner
23oz No Drip Tire Shine Gell
18oz Keep Clean Wheel (Repels Brake dust & Road grime) for 2 weeks
18oz Grease Free Protectant (inteior)
18oz Wax As-U-Dry Spray Can
2-Large Micro Cloths

AND a Poster Calender of AJ with her Pontiac
was a internet order I doubler it. totales with shiping $110
So for all of the above $55.
I mostly wanted it for the Wheel and tire care.
The wife says I wanted it for the poster of AJ.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
I love black cars so much but I hate how you have to wash them at minimum two times per week to keep a nice shine up.
Thats why ya' get yourself a daily driver.

They look great when they're clean, but they're ALOT of work. Fortunately, my SS is a "weekend toy", and, I enjoy detailing.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #11
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFnSNO View Post
I recently picked up a offer on a Eagle one Car clean package.
64oz Nano-wash & Wax
64oz Easi-Dri
18oz NanoWax Spray
26oz 20/20 Glass Cleaner Spray
28oz A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner
23oz No Drip Tire Shine Gell
18oz Keep Clean Wheel (Repels Brake dust & Road grime) for 2 weeks
18oz Grease Free Protectant (inteior)
18oz Wax As-U-Dry Spray Can
2-Large Micro Cloths

AND a Poster Calender of AJ with her Pontiac
was a internet order I doubler it. totales with shiping $110
So for all of the above $55.
I mostly wanted it for the Wheel and tire care.
The wife says I wanted it for the poster of AJ.
This is the ONLY wheel cleaner I use now.... however Advance Auto Parts house brand wheel cleaner is actually the same thing, it even comes in the same shape bottle.

Either way NOTHING cleans wheels like that stuff...

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Louis area niebrueg USA - Rockies / Midwest 70 07-09-2009 04:05 PM
2010 Lotus Eagle carsismeZ06 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 12 07-16-2008 04:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.