Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #18
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAlan View Post
I purchased Adams VRT, Came with a DVD. Applied as directed looked great until I had to drive in the rain... so no pics.
I use VRT every month or so applied with an auto detailing sponge. Sparingly. With the hood released so I don't get it on the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #19
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Just remove it, you will like it so much better.
Keep it. Don't remove it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 AM   #20
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red 1979 Z28, HBM 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR1952 View Post
I keep a bottle of turtle ice spray and clean terry cloth with me. Any kind of stain gets on the paint , i spray and wripe. There is no build up on edge of vinyl and paint. Vinyl and paint are always looking good. Try it , i promise you will like it.

Turtle Wax Ice for vinyl works on mine! Four and a half months and still looks new.

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #21
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
My dealer took my wrap off the hood before I saw the car for the first time. They said it was too hard to keep clean. I have to say I would have done the same thing myself. Why cover up the blue ray paint?
CamaroTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #22
techumper

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS 1LE
someone here suggested dr. beasley's on a different thread, purchased and does a great job.

when I first got mine it rained and got soaked on the highway and didn't wash until that weekend but in between i took a new microfiber cloth and water and just sprayed water on the vinyl and with back and forth motions removed all the water spots, dirt, and stains. Originally i thought (thanks to my co-workers) it was going to be permanent damage but nope came right off - still bought the beasley products.
techumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #23
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
I removed mine... I could not maintain the FLAT look. Many products will clean it but they ALL add some shine. (It did not have the FLAT look even with two different "matte" only products)

Even the soap you use to wash the car if it has ANY glossifiers at all the wrap will begin to look splotchy.

The ISP solution will work temporarily but it will eventually dry out the vinyl and lead to cracking.

If you can live with a "little" shine then many of the methods in this thread will work.

Last edited by tramtwo; 03-27-2013 at 02:28 PM.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
GearheadSS
Member #63

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS
Tell me if I'm correct here. The pollen isn't embedded into the wrap, right? You're seeing the scratches from someone writing that on the hood while it was dirty? If it's scratched, I'm not sure if anything will remove it since it's vinyl. Maybe try some sort of vinyl treatment or follow the instructions on this video from Adams.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/ge...ions/12124.htm
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Take it to the dealer. Mine is being replaced by the dealer for a similar issue
Perfect advice, I wouldn't mess with it. Just going to end up not being cost effective on your end.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
^^^ Follow this, it is money for matte stripes, aka your hood. I removed fairly heavy water spots off my moms when she picked it up, now they look brand new.
MichiganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #27
Gef0rc3

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE IOM
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364403224.195645.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  157.0 KB

Try this.. I use it for mine and it works wonders... Removes oily hand print on mine with ease and works for the rest of the car... Just don't let it touch the windows
Gef0rc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #28
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gef0rc3 View Post
Attachment 490065

Try this.. I use it for mine and it works wonders... Removes oily hand print on mine with ease and works for the rest of the car... Just don't let it touch the windows
Does it make the hood shinny, or does it keep it flat / matte looking?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #29
ghostrider77

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I had this same problem but didn't notice it until after a week of owning the car. It looked as if someone took three fingers and ran them diagonally across one corner of the hood.

I was still pissed at the swirls put into the car when the dealership performed their awesome pre-purchase detail job, that I took care of it myself by using the rubbing alcohol method, and it worked like a charm.
ghostrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #30
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
So far I've been having luck with a Meguiars quick detailer and some old Meguiars tech protectant. I'm planning on making an order for a bunch of Adams products though.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 04-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #31
tbirdsleeve
CMSgt, USAF

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
UPDATE--none of the products I have tried--rubbing alcohol/Turtle Wax Ice/Adams have worked--cannot stand having brand new dream car with word "MINE" written on vinyl hood--in the absence of any other options--dealer has agreed to replace--anyone had this done yet--did you go with aftermarket vinyl or GM replacement--I am worried job won't come out as nice as factory but I gotta get rid of the hideous writing on my hood--advice/experiences greatly appreciated!!!
tbirdsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdsleeve View Post
UPDATE--none of the products I have tried--rubbing alcohol/Turtle Wax Ice/Adams have worked--cannot stand having brand new dream car with word "MINE" written on vinyl hood--in the absence of any other options--dealer has agreed to replace--anyone had this done yet--did you go with aftermarket vinyl or GM replacement--I am worried job won't come out as nice as factory but I gotta get rid of the hideous writing on my hood--advice/experiences greatly appreciated!!!

I'd be worried too... that sucks man. I know I'd never want a dealer installed hood wrap over a factory one, but i guess you don't have much choice if you can't get the writing off. I'd make sure they have someone who knows what they're doing, as a full hood wrap isn't a job for an average dealership hack.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #33
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2013 SIM 1LE & 2010 ABM/LT/RS
Worry? Somewhat maybe, but a competent Chevy service dept should be able to get it done right. I doubt GM has a proprietary wrap for this - looks like a big piece of decal to me. Even factory wrap has less than perfect cuts under the hood.
If they have more 1LEs on the lot, compare their work to it. It should be very close in finish or just dont accept it.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Man this sounds like a lot of work for a piece of vinyl. I'm glad my dealer took mine off before I found my car. Just wax the hood like I do the rest of the car. You also have to think about the paint on the hood not matching in a year or two due to being covered up.