Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #576
jewel25
She's all mine!!!!
 
jewel25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 35,255
A/C is for the weak
__________________
jewel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #577
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
I want the 8 track radio option!
That's funny
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #578
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars
 
DuskSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Downgrade? Lol. I wouldn't say all that, that's a bit drastic. Z/28 is and will have to be garage queen and in a trailer to be hauled out to a track only on warm track days. I can drive my ZL1 whenever and be comfortable. Downgrade? That's a bit of a scccrrreeeettttccchhhh.
that's the very definition of downgrade.
so yeh.. downgrade.
__________________
2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Dual Mode Exhaust CAI Inc CAI
Lethal Racing Stage IV
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #579
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Would be cool if you could get it with manual hand crank windows... I might be persuaded to consider the z/28 then... I hate power windows. My last z/28 (94) had manual hand crank windows.
Must have really pissed you off when the came out with sliced bread.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #580
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro
 
Scarrzz's Avatar
 
Drives: Suzuki Hayabusa
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana, CO, GA, TX, etc.
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Backend still looks like a bag of asses. Literally...
I wouldn't go that far... but I can't help it, that WAS funny.

IMHO, it doesn't look BAD, the new version of taillights just look a heck of a lot more like everything else on the road instead of distinctively Camaro.


For comparison:



__________________
.
__________________________________
................................................The Faithful are Watching.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #581
2SShowngo

 
2SShowngo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss ibm ls3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: orlando,fl
Posts: 1,195
is it just me or did they delete the 4 gauge pack,the interior pick showed a manaul but no gauge pod. i think if its billed as a great performance car with handling i would want the gauges.overall NICE!!!!!!
2SShowngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #582
Gio Bella
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS Convertible,blk,blk int
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 70
The Concept, the design, the engine, all just beautiful a tribute to the Z-28 of the past. I will enjoy seeing them but I'm much too old now to be racing around the track. I'm wondering how many Camaro drivers will buy the Z-28 and not have any idea of how to drive them properly!

Gio
Gio Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #583
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,517
If you want the rarest Z28 order it in Rhode Island with the tire inflator kit. That will be the one rare option for you collectors out there.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #584
KMK454
 
KMK454's Avatar
 
Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 254
Unlike past iterations, this Z/28 will probably not be readily available or within financial reach of the masses...
__________________
Kurt
1991 Camaro B4C - 305/T5

1978 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 Corvette Z51 6-speed - sold
2008 Corvette Z06 - sold
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #585
calebparkin3
 
calebparkin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 TF3, 2012 F150, 2013 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by WileySG View Post
I think Ford just @#$! a brick!!!



I really doubt it. They knew this was coming, just like most here where sure it was. Its a back and forth game. next year ford will pull something crazy out, then GM will answer back and so on. Its really exciting, and a good time to be an enthusiast. The next few years are going to be really exciting!
calebparkin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #586
CarGarage
 
CarGarage's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS,Wrangler,CTSVcoupe,viper,etc
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: King City, ONT
Posts: 67
No 4 pack gauges
No nav
No h.i.d. Lights
No fog lights
No radio
No folding backseat
Smaller wheels

Not buying it
CarGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #587
JR3
 
JR3's Avatar
 
Drives: Vette, Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
I wouldn't go that far... but I can't help it, that WAS funny.

IMHO, it doesn't look BAD, the new version of taillights just look a heck of a lot more like everything else on the road instead of distinctively Camaro.


For comparison:



Thanks 4 the pics...

The ZL1 above has the better looking tail lights and trunk area on the rear end. The top half of the rear looks better on the ZL1.

The Z/28 in the bottom pic looks good on the lower half of the rear end in the area of the rear dif. It also has a good looking NEW color (looks like matte pearl white). I wish the tail lights looked better.

*I am glad to see the Z/28 come back... It's a big part of Camaro history.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #588
Tysen


 
Tysen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SShowngo View Post
is it just me or did they delete the 4 gauge pack,the interior pick showed a manaul but no gauge pod. i think if its billed as a great performance car with handling i would want the gauges.overall NICE!!!!!!
Manual doesn't automatically mean you get a 4-gauge pack, but I'm sure they cut them out if they were so crazy about losing weight that they pulled the speaker wires out.
__________________
"I'm a man who discovered the wheel, and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn! That's what kind of man I am." - Ron Burgundy
My build thread
Tysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #589
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
Unlike past iterations, this Z/28 will probably not be readily available or within financial reach of the masses...
agreed, this thing has way to many high dollar go fast goodies on it. I mean its going to destroy pretty much anything on the race track which is the point but all that stuff is $$$$
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #590
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SShowngo View Post
is it just me or did they delete the 4 gauge pack,the interior pick showed a manaul but no gauge pod. i think if its billed as a great performance car with handling i would want the gauges.overall NICE!!!!!!
Those gauges have always been redundant. The DIC will alert the driver when there are oil, temp and volt issues (as it does now for all SS and V6 owners with and without the gauges).

The last thing you want to do when racing is look down......
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #591
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,937
Maybe it has already been covered, but is the color HUD and DIC going to be retrofittable to a 2013 ZL1 with MyLink and Nav?

Or is it going to be possible but prohibited by expense? Or simply not possible at all?
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #592
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Maybe it has already been covered, but is the color HUD and DIC going to be retrofittable to a 2013 ZL1 with MyLink and Nav?

Or is it going to be possible but prohibited by expense? Or simply not possible at all?
On another note the Z/28 doesn't have the HUD....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #593
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
If I had a ZL-1, there is no way I'd trade down to the new Z28, and then pay more for it. That's crazy. How often can anyone use the "three seconds faster than a ZL-1" feature during the course of normal everyday travels. Even if you have deep pockets, this car just ain't worth it. I'll take creature comforts anyday over slightly more speed. The ZL-1 is almost as fast and has all the bells and whistles. Personally I don't even like the front or rear styling and what's in between, most of us already have and then some. Just my two cents.
Totally understand where you are coming from. But my feeling is the opposite. When I finally got to drive the ZL1, I could respect it but it didn't make me passionate like my Boss did. This is the Camaro I'd want. It pains me to say this but it's even more raw and a better execution of my ideal than the Boss. But then again, without the Boss would it have happened? In either case this car is one I can't wait to become intimately acquainted with. I'll say it again, way to go GM.
__________________





What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #594
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
I really doubt it. They knew this was coming, just like most here where sure it was. Its a back and forth game. next year ford will pull something crazy out, then GM will answer back and so on. Its really exciting, and a good time to be an enthusiast. The next few years are going to be really exciting!
I hope so.
__________________





What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #595
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,722
Been catching up on this thread. Lots of complaints about a lot of little things. Let's be perfectly clear, if you only have one car, this is not the car to have. This car is a weekend warrior, a summer night cruiser and a track car. This car is for the person who already has a daily driver and doesn't give a rats arse about the taillights or lack of a sound system. When they've done the rush hour commute and want to return to the pure pleasure of driving they pull this baby out of the garage and smile a self satisfied smile as they fire it up. If you want to think you have the baddest Camaro out there but can only afford one, get the ZL1, want a daily driver you can track, there's the 1LE. Concerned about looks, buy a big standard V8 model and customize to your hearts content. Just want to own a great looking car, consider the V6. Really GM has everyone finally covered and there's still bitching?!?!
__________________





What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #596
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Been catching up on this thread. Lots of complaints about a lot of little things. Let's be perfectly clear, if you only have one car, this is not the car to have. This car is a weekend warrior, a summer night cruiser and a track car. This car is for the person who already has a daily driver and doesn't give a rats arse about the taillights or lack of a sound system. When they've done the rush hour commute and want to return to the pure pleasure of driving they pull this baby out of the garage and smile a self satisfied smile as they fire it up. If you want to think you have the baddest Camaro out there but can only afford one, get the ZL1, want a daily driver you can track, there's the 1LE. Concerned about looks, buy a big standard V8 model and customize to your hearts content. Just want to own a great looking car, consider the V6. Really GM has everyone finally covered and there's still bitching?!?!
I think alot are bitching bc they finally got the car they been dreaming off and its going to be to expensive for the majority of them.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #597
gmen09
 
gmen09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Flemington NJ
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
Toss a Z/28 badge on it and suddenly everyone loves it.

I'll say what I said before - I'm not a fan of the hood vent. I know why it's there now - but I still wish they executed it better. I've liked the front fascia treatment all along, the taillights look better with a professional pic and not what we saw on a SD broadcast (proper lighting and all that).

Throwback to 1969 - that's what they are aiming for and I will agree, they hit that mark. The car is honestly a race car you can drive on the street. Buy on saturday, race on sunday.

They've done good in the mechanics department. The car just needs a different hood and it would be perfect. I'm glad they brought back the Z/28 - I'm on the fence about the fact that the car still weighs in @ 3900lbs (the ZL1 is 4100 - 300 = 3900lbs).

Still a pig - but the LS7 will help with that a bit. Still. If GM plans to keep the Camaro Z/28 moniker alive through to the alpha platform, I think that I will be choosing that route. We'll have to see...

-RK
I believe 4100-300=3800 haha
__________________
gmen09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #598
gmen09
 
gmen09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Flemington NJ
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
Toss a Z/28 badge on it and suddenly everyone loves it.

I'll say what I said before - I'm not a fan of the hood vent. I know why it's there now - but I still wish they executed it better. I've liked the front fascia treatment all along, the taillights look better with a professional pic and not what we saw on a SD broadcast (proper lighting and all that).

Throwback to 1969 - that's what they are aiming for and I will agree, they hit that mark. The car is honestly a race car you can drive on the street. Buy on saturday, race on sunday.

They've done good in the mechanics department. The car just needs a different hood and it would be perfect. I'm glad they brought back the Z/28 - I'm on the fence about the fact that the car still weighs in @ 3900lbs (the ZL1 is 4100 - 300 = 3900lbs).

Still a pig - but the LS7 will help with that a bit. Still. If GM plans to keep the Camaro Z/28 moniker alive through to the alpha platform, I think that I will be choosing that route. We'll have to see...

-RK
I believe 4100-300=3800 haha it's ok everyone has those moments
__________________
gmen09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #599
Speedy1975
FASTER!
 
Speedy1975's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Dodge Challenger
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 1,397
I have a Challenger, but I wanted to come over and congratulate you guys on getting some awesome cars from GM. First the ZL1 and now the Z/28. Seems like at least GM listens to you guys and brings to market products you've asked for.

Wish I could say the same for Dodge

Meanwhile at Dodge design HQ

__________________
-Speedy
2009 Challenger R/T
- Arrington Forged 6.0L and Magnacharger Supercharger - 553RWHP 627RWTQ

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #600
gmen09
 
gmen09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Flemington NJ
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGarage View Post
No 4 pack gauges
No nav
No h.i.d. Lights
No fog lights
No radio
No folding backseat
Smaller wheels

Not buying it
You really don't understand the purpose of this car, it is a pure performance car, not just another gadget-filled driving appliance.
__________________
gmen09 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, bad ass, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z28 forum, z28 forums

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.