Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
NightOwl RGB Halo Kit

NightOwl LED Systems is now ready to launch our first product. After a year and a half in development, and a product demonstration at Camaro Fest 3 in August 2012, we’re finally ready to get these products into your cars. I’m proud to have been a member of Camaro5.com since September 2010, and I wanted this Camaro crowd to be the first to have our products. This is the best controller system available for automobiles. We are the manufacturer of these controllers, and the authors of the applications that control them.

For a background on us and our products, visit our introduction thread: Introducing NightOwl LED Systems and our website at www.nightowlleds.com.

NightOwl RGB Halo Kit - For Camaro RS halos, this kit converts these lights into colored halos by replacing the LED inside it. This DOES NOT require you to bake your headlights to take them apart, nor can you even tell from the outside that anything is not stock. We didn’t invent this method...we just offer the best controllers. With the NightOwl system, you’ll control your halos with your smartphone, tablet, or iPod Touch. iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android devices are all supported.

We are also offering this as an upgrade for JDP’s RS Color Changing Halo Package. We have been a fan of this kit since it came out. We just wanted to add better control. Our Package lets you retain the halo LEDs so that you don’t have to swap them again, and retains the wiring harness up to the controller. Simply unplug their controller and plug ours in. It is that simple. This turns your kit into a NightOwl system!

Features that set us apart:
  • WiFi control via smartphone/tablet. Every controller has unique security key. Nobody else can control your system.
  • Expandable system that allows you to add additional driver modules as part of your whole car system.
  • Master module communicates with driver modules wirelessly throughout the car.
  • Independent control over each halo.
  • 2 additional independent RGB ports on included controller.
  • Precise colors. The best control available anywhere.
  • Configurable programs for different effects.
  • Included controller can also control driving lights.
  • Programmable startup color for each device.
  • Color-correction for RGB LEDs - this lets you match the color of white for each LED or LED strip so that they all match. This also helps to match yellow, magenta, and cyan between different lights too.
  • The NightOwl RF Key Fob remote will only control your system, and others won't be able to control yours.
  • Every NightOwl system will have a unique WiFi SSID. Not limited to 16 choices like other WiFi controllers.

Included
  • RGB Halo LEDs. (Included in full kit)
  • WiFi Master Module.
  • HP Module for driving halo LEDs, grill light, driving lights, etc.
  • Wiring harness including fuse box connectors, switch to select from battery/off/ignition. (Included in full kit)
  • Key fob remote with outstanding range. Program 4 of your favorite programs, plus off and default.
  • iOS 6.0+ App
  • Android 4.0+ App
  • Installation video and instructions.

Options
  • Driving Light Harness - set your driving lights to always be on if you want. Independently control driving lights for strobe effects for car shows. Adjust brightness. ZL1 Driving Light Harnesses are also available. The ZL1 Harness allows you to control both the driving lights as well as the fog lights, while allowing your car to turn them on also. We can customize the harness for LT/SS cars with ZL1 front ends.
  • Grill Light - RGB LED strip to mount behind bumper and shines onto radiator for a cool glowing effect. Includes wiring and connector to plug right into controller.

NightOwl RGB Halo Kit

RGB Halo Upgrade Kit (upgrade for JDP’s Color Changing Halos)

Prices on our individual modules is here: NightOwl Modules

Last edited by Joe@NightOwlLEDs; 08-05-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Great System!

NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
GMteSSted

Drives: Pre-production Inferno Orange SS
Well, don't have an RS......guess I'm still waiting.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Ordered! Looking forward to getting this installed!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
So how hard is the install? Also how much with the grill light?
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #6
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameg1011 View Post
So how hard is the install? Also how much with the grill light?
Install isn't very challenging, it just takes time and patience.

Check out this link here.

The grill light can be added on for $30.
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #7
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Thanks for all of the quick orders camaro5!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Can you download your app yet off the App Store yet? So I can tinker with it lol
954camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
Venom SS
Black BumbleBee!!!!

Drives: 2011 SS
Awesome Joe if I get my 1LE in the summer I'm comin to you personally
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #10
MValdez17

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ordered! Cant wait to have some RGB Halos on my Camaro.
MValdez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Happy Easter everyone! Thanks for the numerous orders our first weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
Can you download your app yet off the App Store yet? So I can tinker with it lol
The app was submitted to Apple a few weeks ago, and was accepted on our first attempt. This is very unusual to be accepted on the first attempt. We did not submit this version to the app store though, because we wanted to make a few more minor changes. Usually apps take at least two attempts at getting accepted their first time, so we wanted to get that ball rolling early. There is no reason to put it into the store until we are ready to ship the kits. There isn't very much to see or do when it is not connected to a system. In the next couple of weeks we'll do a video showing more of the app. This app is one of the best parts of the system, and we haven't even shown it off.

Each master will have it's own unique system key that you'll type into the app. Without this key, you won't be able to connect to the system. It is very easy to use the app, and I know you guys are anxious for it. We'll show you some more in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom SS View Post
Awesome Joe if I get my 1LE in the summer I'm comin to you personally
What is this IF? Chris just went and traded in his SS on Friday for a 1LE. Chip and JT want to help other Atlanta members install their kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MValdez17 View Post
Ordered! Cant wait to have some RGB Halos on my Camaro.
We appreciate the order!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Wow
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
Cruz'n 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2LT
All In-One Harness

I have a Light Right all in one harness and was wondering if there would be any issue or compatibility concerns with connecting complete set?
Cruz'n 45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #14
Camaro1002

Drives: Yellow Camaro 2LT RS
I have the JDP color changing kit but have trouble a lot of time with the actual halos changing colors. Maybe the remote or receiver box. If upgrading to the nightowl kit will I have the same problem or will I be able to change the halos anytime I want?
Camaro1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
Venom SS
Black BumbleBee!!!!

Drives: 2011 SS
For RS models would you be able to control when the halos and fog lights are in during driving...also are there different mode like "pulse" and what not
Old 04-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Just curious! What exactly does the upgrade to the JDP kit do that makes it worth $400 not to be disrespectful in anyway just trying to see what you would kit with a $400 upgrade. I know you have a list of things that it does but could you elaborate a little more.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Lamperouge

Drives: Future 2012 ZL1 Owner!
AWESOME! Is this product only for apple users? Me and a few other camaro members were talking about this and were interested, but then were sad to learn that none of us have an iPhone.

Any love for Android users?
Lamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
MValdez17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamperouge View Post
AWESOME! Is this product only for apple users? Me and a few other camaro members were talking about this and were interested, but then were sad to learn that none of us have an iPhone.

They will be coming out with an android app in the summer they said.
MValdez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz'n 45th View Post
I have a Light Right all in one harness and was wondering if there would be any issue or compatibility concerns with connecting complete set?
I'm not familiar with this at all. I'll try to research it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1002 View Post
I have the JDP color changing kit but have trouble a lot of time with the actual halos changing colors. Maybe the remote or receiver box. If upgrading to the nightowl kit will I have the same problem or will I be able to change the halos anytime I want?
It will no longer be a JDP kit after the upgrade, and you'll have no problems with colors or the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom SS View Post
For RS models would you be able to control when the halos and fog lights are in during driving...also are there different mode like "pulse" and what not
Please see our website on a description of our different program types. Each program type is configurable also. The descriptions are under "How It Works".

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Just curious! What exactly does the upgrade to the JDP kit do that makes it worth $400 not to be disrespectful in anyway just trying to see what you would kit with a $400 upgrade. I know you have a list of things that it does but could you elaborate a little more.
Thanks for asking. Our kit is not the cheapest out there. We never tried to make it the cheapest. We just made it the best. That may not be what everyone wants, we know that. If you start with the JDP kit, you'll leave their LEDs in place, as well as the wiring harness up to the controller. You'll unplug their controller, and plug ours in. Our controller that we will use here is our HP module, which has been installed in a weather-resistant case, complete with all wiring and connectors ready to connect to their LEDs and wiring harness. This driver module includes over 4 times more outputs, and drives the halo LEDs with very efficient method instead of using large inefficient power resistors that produce heat.

In addition to a much more capable and efficient controller, the upgrade kit includes our wifi master module. This allows you to connect with a smartphone, tablet, etc. to control your system.

With the app on the smartphone, tablet, etc. you can create as many different programs as you want. We'll be creating a video in the next few weeks to show more of the functionality and flexibility.

Additionally we include a simple key fob remote that you can any 4 programs to, turn everything off, or set everything back to each device's default color.

The apps will be free. We didn't want to charge for them after you just spent money buying the system. This didn't seem right. But the software is the most expensive part for us to create. We have to build it into the cost of the hardware.

But with our kits (both our own as well as this upgrade kit), you'll have full independent control over the colors. Whites can be dialed in to match your driving lights or your headlights. Other LEDs can be color-matched so that when you turn them all to white, they are all white. Not some pink or purple or blue. Orange can be your perfect orange. Yellow...well you get the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamperouge View Post

Android users will feel the love! We are working on it. We didn't want to hold up the products any longer. The Android app will be out this summer. For Android users, if you can't wait, then you could pick up a used iPod Touch 4th or 5th generation, and then sell it when the Android app comes out. I know this isn't ideal, and won't sit well with everyone, but we didn't want to make the iOS people wait any longer.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #20
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

You will not want to miss out on this kit!
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #21
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Any idea on how long the sale price is good for?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Scoot945

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
These are sick... How long are they avail as I'm waiting for my headlights would like to buy jus gotta wait for my next paycheck
Scoot945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
Joe@NightOwlLEDs
"Night it Up!"

The pre-sale will run for at least two more weeks. Orders will be mailed in the order received, and later orders could expect a delay depending on which batch the order was assigned to. Thanks for the interest!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #24
Icemachine

Drives: 13 Zl1 grey vert
Then are you going to open orders to north of the border??
Icemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
Picklez

Whats the time frame on the RGB AMBIENT LIGHTING KIT and buying the modules separately?
Picklez is offline   Reply With Quote