Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #651
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
It will be very limited because very few people will want it. I think its embarrassing that they had to strip it down to a car that is not worth having to make it fast.
Actually it will be limited because they are only allowed to build X amount of LS7's a year...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #652
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,084
They'll sell as many as can be built.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #653
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
It will be very limited because very few people will want it. I think its embarrassing that they had to strip it down to a car that is not worth having to make it fast.
You don't understand, it's being made for a limited group of people, not for everyone. Those that are serious track people... They have the ZL1 and 1LE for everyone else...
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #654
shockandawe

 
Drives: 2006 LeMans Blue C6 Vette
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,300
I'm weeping in my pants!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #655
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
It will be very limited because very few people will want it. I think its embarrassing that they had to strip it down to a car that is not worth having to make it fast.
It's worth having because of the performance. Just because you don't like it that way doesn't mean others don't.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #656
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
You just don't get it. Why not buy a ZL1 instead???
I have a ZL1. Don't see why people wouldn't want to drive to the with track in more comfort and have just as much fun. I was planning on buying a Z/28 also but was hoping it would be a 1LE LS7. (and keep the ZL1) I love Z/28's, I still have the 71 RS Z/28 my parents bought new me for my 16th birthday, and kept buying other Z/28s though out the different gens. The 71 is the only one I thought was worth keeping. I also have a 57 Chevy Conv that my dad bought new and left it to me when he died. I have 7 cars and the only ones I don't drive are those because they have no air, am in one and 8 track in the other.
I DO GET IT. I totally understand the car. Just don't understand why people would want it in todays world and why they would settle for it. Most won't go that much faster in the Z/28 than the ZL1 or the 1LE for that matter, the couple times a year that they track there car. They would probable have just as much fun in almost any high performance car. Just don't see why I should give up the nicest things about a car to maybe go a little faster. Just how fast they are really going to be is yet to be seen.
I'm guessing the gen 6 Z/28 will be faster and I will be able to get it the way I want. This one seems like a way to use up C6 Vette parts that they didn't know what to do with, but it wasn't fast enough so they striped it. I will be keeping my ZL1 also because it's any unbelievable car on the street that is also a lot of fun on a track.
Sorry to vent on you guys, just wish they would have let us who don't care about a second or two a lap order the car the way we wanted it. Was really looking forward to having both Zs.
Hope everybody has a safe and happy Easter
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #657
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
I have a ZL1. Don't see why people wouldn't want to drive to the with track in more comfort and have just as much fun. I was planning on buying a Z/28 also but was hoping it would be a 1LE LS7. (and keep the ZL1) I love Z/28's, I still have the 71 RS Z/28 my parents bought new me for my 16th birthday, and kept buying other Z/28s though out the different gens. The 71 is the only one I thought was worth keeping. I also have a 57 Chevy Conv that my dad bought new and left it to me when he died. I have 7 cars and the only ones I don't drive are those because they have no air, am in one and 8 track in the other.
I DO GET IT. I totally understand the car. Just don't understand why people would want it in todays world and why they would settle for it. Most won't go that much faster in the Z/28 than the ZL1 or the 1LE for that matter, the couple times a year that they track there car. They would probable have just as much fun in almost any high performance car. Just don't see why I should give up the nicest things about a car to maybe go a little faster. Just how fast they are really going to be is yet to be seen.
I'm guessing the gen 6 Z/28 will be faster and I will be able to get it the way I want. This one seems like a way to use up C6 Vette parts that they didn't know what to do with, but it wasn't fast enough so they striped it. I will be keeping my ZL1 also because it's any unbelievable car on the street that is also a lot of fun on a track.
Sorry to vent on you guys, just wish they would have let us who don't care about a second or two a lap order the car the way we wanted it. Was really looking forward to having both Zs.
Hope everybody has a safe and happy Easter
I knew you had a ZL1. Based on your comments it's the car you should have.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #658
Forty5th
 
Forty5th's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 551
Release of this mighty Z/28 reminds me of when Ford introduced the limited edition Boss 302 (especially the Laguna Seca) in 2011... targeted at track enthusiasts. Basically the Z/28 has a similar scope... for those seriously interested to primarily track it... but obviously there will be many who'll acquire one to garage and for bragging rights so to speak. This Z/28 is a game changer in terms of high performance muscle/track car capability... will be collectible as well. The ante has seriously risen.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #659
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,084
This Z/28 is much much much more than the Boss LS.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #660
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,670
Fbodfather talked extensively in his first two posts about the Z/28 in this thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286046
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #661
Forty5th
 
Forty5th's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
This Z/28 is much much much more than the Boss LS.
You missed the point. Totally.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #662
Vette TPI
 
Vette TPI's Avatar
 
Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Littleton
Posts: 549
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but look what I found.. Three years ago this was a concept.

__________________
Vette TPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #663
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I knew you had a ZL1. Based on your comments it's the car you should have.
If you knew I had a ZL1, than why did you say I should buy one?
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #664
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I knew you had a ZL1. Based on your comments it's the car you should have.
My point is I would think I could have a Z/28 loaded and the guys who wanted a track car could order it striped.
Let me know when you get your Z/28.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #665
Bosse'sBoss
 
Drives: '11 Mustang GT 5.0 Brembo package
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 151
For me the Z28 with A/C, and don't see the reason to remove the speakers. At least leave two, for stereo sound (One=mono is ridiculous).
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #666
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
For me the Z28 with A/C, and don't see the reason to remove the speakers. At least leave two, for stereo sound (One=mono is ridiculous).
Ofer will probably make up a stereo harness for adding another speaker if people really want one.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #667
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette TPI View Post
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but look what I found.. Three years ago this was a concept.

midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #668
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
You missed the point. Totally.
Sorry been busy defending in too many threads.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #669
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
If you knew I had a ZL1, than why did you say I should buy one?
To make the point...
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #670
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
My point is I would think I could have a Z/28 loaded and the guys who wanted a track car could order it striped.
Let me know when you get your Z/28.
Trust me its more Camaro than I've been asking for as we'll, but it IS a Z/28. Will I get one? I think they will be hard to come by and the dealers will know what they have and the price whatever it is will be more than GM is asking. I may have to settle for a ZL1, however I wouldn't really call that settling would you?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #671
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!
 
360ss's Avatar
 
Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NAWLINS
Posts: 142
My thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Trust me its more Camaro than I've been asking for as we'll, but it IS a Z/28. Will I get one? I think they will be hard to come by and the dealers will know what they have and the price whatever it is will be more than GM is asking. I may have to settle for a ZL1, however I wouldn't really call that settling would you?
I think the Internet will be our savior. But I still believe their will be enough to go around for those who can afford 1
__________________
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #672
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Trust me its more Camaro than I've been asking for as we'll, but it IS a Z/28. Will I get one? I think they will be hard to come by and the dealers will know what they have and the price whatever it is will be more than GM is asking. I may have to settle for a ZL1, however I wouldn't really call that settling would you?
Don't fall down at the finish line. If the Z/28 isn't too outrageous in price for you wait and fight for a dealer that will give you a good price. If it doesn't happen finding a last minute ZL1 shouldn't be too hard.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #673
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,084
Thanks
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #674
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
For me the Z28 with A/C, and don't see the reason to remove the speakers. At least leave two, for stereo sound (One=mono is ridiculous).


Your every day driver has all that stuff. The Z/28 wouldn't even have ONE speaker if it didn't require it for federal regulations on the seatbelt reminder chime.

I suspect a few Z owners will even remove that speaker. Who needs to be reminded to buckle their seatbelts if they're on a race track, where it's required?
__________________
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #675
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Trust me its more Camaro than I've been asking for as we'll, but it IS a Z/28. Will I get one? I think they will be hard to come by and the dealers will know what they have and the price whatever it is will be more than GM is asking. I may have to settle for a ZL1, however I wouldn't really call that settling would you?
We all thought that about the Z06, ZR1,and the ZL1. After the first year dealers had them in there show rooms at discounted prices. Right now there are two dealers within 30 miles of my house that have ZL1s for under invoice and the last time I was in Fort Lauderdale you could buy a new ZR1 for $13,000 under sticker. If you want one you will be able to get one, maybe just not the very first ones.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, bad ass, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z28 forum, z28 forums

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.