Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #43
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Sooooo for a full cleaning we spray into that little hole near the throttle body, the brake booster, put some in the gas tank, and some in the oil? Then change the oil right after or X miles later?

How much do we use too? One can? Helppppp lmao
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #44
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Sooooo for a full cleaning we spray into that little hole near the throttle body, the brake booster, put some in the gas tank, and some in the oil? Then change the oil right after or X miles later?

How much do we use too? One can? Helppppp lmao
You need 2 cans of the liquid and 1 can of the spray. 1 full can of the liquid in the gas tank. 1/2 a can of the liquid in the oil other half in the booster hose. Spray the TB and change oil after about 100 miles. At the beginning of this thread there's a DIY link. I will be making one for the LLT when I get a break from the rain. I may do a photo DIY first and the video later.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #45
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
I also just thought about something. If you were to spray the Seafoam through the TB. (by opening the tb blade with your hand) With the car off of course you can get a even spray across the IM. Resulting in skipping the booster hose step. And it will drain onto everything and sit like the booster step would for a few min. But this is in theory. For those not confident to do the booster hose part. This is a THEORY. Plus remember the engine must be warm. Or just wait for the DIY.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #46
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I also just thought about something. If you were to spray the Seafoam through the TB. (by opening the tb blade with your hand) With the car off of course you can get a even spray across the IM. Resulting in skipping the booster hose step. And it will drain onto everything and sit like the booster step would for a few min. But this is in theory. For those not confident to do the booster hose part. This is a THEORY. Plus remember the engine must be warm. Or just wait for the DIY.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Thanks so much for the help so far man I and I'm sure everyone else really appreciate it. Its definitely a good theory, who knows...

I've got another 1,000 miles until I need an oil change so I'm going to hold tight for your DIY. I need a catch can too and it seems counter productive to seafoam without a catch can. So I'll order that and install it the same day I seafoam and do an oil change. Should be a fun day!
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #47
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I also just thought about something. If you were to spray the Seafoam through the TB. (by opening the tb blade with your hand) With the car off of course you can get a even spray across the IM. Resulting in skipping the booster hose step. And it will drain onto everything and sit like the booster step would for a few min. But this is in theory. For those not confident to do the booster hose part. This is a THEORY. Plus remember the engine must be warm. Or just wait for the DIY.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
I'm waiting. Thanks for taking the time to help us noobs out.
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #48
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB
 
Chaotic73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yardville, NJ
Posts: 1,589
Can you get away with just using the Seafoam spray and put directly into the IM or do you need to put it directly in the gas and oil as well?
__________________
Chaotic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #49
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Can you get away with just using the Seafoam spray and put directly into the IM or do you need to put it directly in the gas and oil as well?
Yes you can, I do it every oil change. Just don't expect a huge change cleaning wise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #50
Nutbutt


 
Nutbutt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 3,386
Keep seeing that the brake booster only gets half the engine. I'm liking the throttle body spray as this should get the whole engine.
__________________
1st IPF Supercharged 2011 2LT/RS RJT Convertible
Nutbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #51
PieNsky

 
PieNsky's Avatar
 
Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Keep seeing that the brake booster only gets half the engine. I'm liking the throttle body spray as this should get the whole engine.
As someone that did it from the front, it gets only the front four cylinders. I think you need to get it from both ends. Hmmm... That didn't come out sounding right.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #52
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,069
LOL Pie!!!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #53
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
As someone that did it from the front, it gets only the front four cylinders. I think you need to get it from both ends. Hmmm... That didn't come out sounding right.
This is correct the TB only gets the front cleaned. For the rear to be properly cleaned you'll need the booster line.

I have all the pictures for the write up. Not many needed. Got ambushed into spring cleaning by my wife so I'm being held hostage. Will write it by end of weekend.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #54
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,273
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #55
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
LLT Seafoam DIY posted.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6362311
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #56
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,069
Nut is correct. Any intake manifold introduction while running will distribute pretty evenly.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.