Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #26
CWI
Helping Build America
 
CWI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nationwide
Posts: 3,761
Got my products. Can't wait to have time to use more than the basics.
__________________
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #27
Blue Bandit
 
Blue Bandit's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS AQUA BLUE
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Omaha
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
We know you don't always have a laptop handy to pop in that DVD while you're detailing, so we've done our best to compress the basic outline of how to detail using Adam's products into a printable PDF.

>>>DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY BY CLICKING HERE<<<

A laminated and spiral bound version will be available soon for purchase, but in the meantime enjoy the free digital version. For any ipad or tablet users this thing looks great on your device!

Can't get the link to work for me :(
__________________
Blue Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #28
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.
 
ihaveacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: #198
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bandit View Post
Can't get the link to work for me :(
worked for me
__________________
Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #29
Camaro45thMD
Mark
 
Camaro45thMD's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro 45th Vert/'10 Sequoia
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 34
Just purchased:
36oz Super VRT
Brilliant Glaze
Car Wash Shampoo-1 Gallon
Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Pad
BLUE Hex-Grip Car Polish Applicator
20" Fender Brush
Grit Guard Car Wash Bucket
...and I'm suuuuper excited for warmer weather now! Your instructional videos really sold these products for me. Can't wait to try out your products!
__________________


2012 45th 2LT RS Convertible
My Roll Call
Camaro45thMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #30
Adam's Polishes



 
Adam's Polishes's Avatar
 
Drives: The shiny ones.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the detail shop!
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45thMD View Post
Just purchased:
36oz Super VRT
Brilliant Glaze
Car Wash Shampoo-1 Gallon
Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Pad
BLUE Hex-Grip Car Polish Applicator
20" Fender Brush
Grit Guard Car Wash Bucket
...and I'm suuuuper excited for warmer weather now! Your instructional videos really sold these products for me. Can't wait to try out your products!
Thanks for your business!! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm right there with ya' on the warmer weather. I'm officially SICK of winter!
__________________
e: shinedoc@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | join the discussion: adamsforums.com

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #31
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,106
Question, when you guys are at C5Fest this year, will yall be detailing or just selling?
__________________

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #32
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!
 
skysharker1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro1LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
Just checked the Adam's site.....need to order some stuff and I can't find it, discontinued??

Swirl & Haze Remover
Fine Machine Polish
Machine Super Wax
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #33
Adam's Polishes



 
Adam's Polishes's Avatar
 
Drives: The shiny ones.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the detail shop!
Posts: 4,259
Time to update your goods, my man!!

The polishes were re-vamped last spring, and are now 2 steps that work faster than before. Paint Correcting Polish and Paint Finishing Polish.

Machine Super Wax changed it's name a few years back, to Machine Super Sealant. That is being discontinued, but it still available here:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-139-a...r-sealant.aspx

It has been replaced by our new Liquid Paint Sealant. Used in the same situations, but can now be applied by machine or hand, looks better, and best of all, there's no 12+ hour cure time!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 AM   #34
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!
 
skysharker1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro1LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
Time to update your goods, my man!!

The polishes were re-vamped last spring, and are now 2 steps that work faster than before. Paint Correcting Polish and Paint Finishing Polish.

Machine Super Wax changed it's name a few years back, to Machine Super Sealant. That is being discontinued, but it still available here:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-139-a...r-sealant.aspx

It has been replaced by our new Liquid Paint Sealant. Used in the same situations, but can now be applied by machine or hand, looks better, and best of all, there's no 12+ hour cure time!
Awesome thanks!! So technically it's still 3 steps, with the two new polishes and the new super sealant.....yes?
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 AM   #35
Adam's Polishes



 
Adam's Polishes's Avatar
 
Drives: The shiny ones.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the detail shop!
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post
Awesome thanks!! So technically it's still 3 steps, with the two new polishes and the new super sealant.....yes?
Sure, you could consider it that. Or technically 4 steps if you glaze. Or 5 if you add wax. Or 6 if you count clay bar. Or 7 if you count washing.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #36
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!
 
skysharker1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro1LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Posts: 167
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1
QUOTE=Nick@Adams;7529623]Sure, you could consider it that. Or technically 4 steps if you glaze. Or 5 if you add wax. Or 6 if you count clay bar. Or 7 if you count washing.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm.....ok lol!!

Here is, or was, my usual regimen:
1) wash
2) clay
3) swirl and haze
4) fine mach polish
5) machine super wax

Now, with the changes:
1) wash
2) clay
3) paint correcting polish
4) paint finishing polish
5) machine super sealant

Is the sealant the wax, cause I noticed that you mentioned wax as a step above. I thought the super sealant replaced the machine super wax?

Sorry for being a pain in the ass.....I just want to get this right considering all the changes.
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #37
Adam's Polishes



 
Adam's Polishes's Avatar
 
Drives: The shiny ones.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the detail shop!
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Hmmmmm.....ok lol!!

Here is, or was, my usual regimen:
1) wash
2) clay
3) swirl and haze
4) fine mach polish
5) machine super wax

Now, with the changes:
1) wash
2) clay
3) paint correcting polish
4) paint finishing polish
5) machine super sealant

Is the sealant the wax, cause I noticed that you mentioned wax as a step above. I thought the super sealant replaced the machine super wax?

Sorry for being a pain in the ass.....I just want to get this right considering all the changes.
Your steps are perfect!

A sealant is a sealant and a wax is a wax, they are two different products used for different purposes.

A wax can be added on top of a sealant for a little more gloss and an additional layer of protection.

Check out this thread that outlines the differences between the two:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342832
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My first detail with Adam's and Porter Cable - LOTS of pics stirthepot Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 122 04-04-2011 06:20 PM
Chamois VS Big blue waffle micro fibre and adams detail spray rating Bobby Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 2 09-10-2009 10:05 AM
How am i doing on paint care(Pics Inside) and Quick detail or Not? Jferrell88 Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 9 06-09-2009 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.