Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
FLOWMASTER
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 PM   #673
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 6,945
Thanks
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #674
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT ordered
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
For me the Z28 with A/C, and don't see the reason to remove the speakers. At least leave two, for stereo sound (One=mono is ridiculous).


Your every day driver has all that stuff. The Z/28 wouldn't even have ONE speaker if it didn't require it for federal regulations on the seatbelt reminder chime.

I suspect a few Z owners will even remove that speaker. Who needs to be reminded to buckle their seatbelts if they're on a race track, where it's required?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #675
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Trust me its more Camaro than I've been asking for as we'll, but it IS a Z/28. Will I get one? I think they will be hard to come by and the dealers will know what they have and the price whatever it is will be more than GM is asking. I may have to settle for a ZL1, however I wouldn't really call that settling would you?
We all thought that about the Z06, ZR1,and the ZL1. After the first year dealers had them in there show rooms at discounted prices. Right now there are two dealers within 30 miles of my house that have ZL1s for under invoice and the last time I was in Fort Lauderdale you could buy a new ZR1 for $13,000 under sticker. If you want one you will be able to get one, maybe just not the very first ones.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #676
v8

 
v8's Avatar
 
Drives: GT500 and 14 ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oakville Ont.
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
We all thought that about the Z06, ZR1,and the ZL1. After the first year dealers had them in there show rooms at discounted prices. Right now there are two dealers within 30 miles of my house that have ZL1s for under invoice and the last time I was in Fort Lauderdale you could buy a new ZR1 for $13,000 under sticker. If you want one you will be able to get one, maybe just not the very first ones.
Very true statement
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
1974 Corvette Stingray 454
1986 Z28
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #677
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com
 
LED Crazy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM L99
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 1,702
I don't understand why so many are hammering this vehicle. It is built for track purposes. If you want a daily driver, get a SS or a V6. The Z/28 is not build specifically for daily driver purposes. It can be, but with all the components going into this vehicle.. It is built to kick ass on the track.

Scott, Al, and the Camaro team pretty much did everything we had on our Z/28 list. Applause to them.
__________________
In Oklahoma? Have a Camaro?! Join OkCamaro's on facebook!

Blake Bowman

https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #678
JoansDriver
Hoser Orange
 
JoansDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer4251 View Post
maybe no ZL1 , lets see how fast people attitude will change and now everyone will want the Z28 after ripping on the SS shown yesterday
It's actually amazing how much losing that stupid strip of chrome helps the overall appearance of the car.

Now if I could only win the lottery.
JoansDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #679
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,106
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED Crazy View Post
I don't understand why so many are hammering this vehicle. It is built for track purposes. If you want a daily driver, get a SS or a V6. The Z/28 is not build specifically for daily driver purposes. It can be, but with all the components going into this vehicle.. It is built to kick ass on the track.

Scott, Al, and the Camaro team pretty much did everything we had on our Z/28 list. Applause to them.
x 100000
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #680
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,181
The only problem I have with the refresh, not really Z/28 related, is that they were too lazy to do the same to the ZL1 front end. Aerodynamics sounds like a complete copout to me... And word Mr. Wyndham. How the f do people not understand whay the frack the Z/28 was designed for. Chevy said it... At least 100 forum members have said it... Seriously people...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #681
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,106
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
The only problem I have with the refresh, not really Z/28 related, is that they were too lazy to do the same to the ZL1 front end. Aerodynamics sounds like a complete copout to me... And word Mr. Wyndham. How the f do people not understand whay the frack the Z/28 was designed for. Chevy said it... At least 100 forum members have said it... Seriously people...
Not lazy...not a copout. Aerodynamics.

The ZL1 will get the new rear end, with a specific diffuser...but the front end and hood stays for functional reasons. (And I'm sure...because it looks badass)
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #682
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
.....it's going to be difficult to get with a Spring '14 build, and then maybe a full year build before the model change. I am seriously contemplating trading in my ZL1 for it. I am really enamoured by this vehicle. Awesome....awesome ride....now, getting an allocation. That's the fly in the ointment.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #683
360ss
ZL1 NIGHTMARES!!!
 
360ss's Avatar
 
Drives: LACS+CHEVYS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NAWLINS
Posts: 143
I agree^^
__________________
13zl1 #251 NOTHING ELSE MATTER

Last edited by 360ss; 04-04-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Allocation ? Really , what dealer is allocating ? I need to be in line
360ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #684
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Not lazy...not a copout. Aerodynamics.

The ZL1 will get the new rear end, with a specific diffuser...but the front end and hood stays for functional reasons. (And I'm sure...because it looks badass)
It's a complete copout. You cannot tell me that they couldn't make the ZL1 aerodynamics work with a new front fascia. Yes it would require a different look but to deny that it's lazy is if ignorant. It is lazy, they looked at the ZL1 and said "hmm we don't want to redo the design it testing for aerodynamics with the front fascia... Let it look like the old model no big deal."

The stupid part is they are putting the ugly part (IMHO) of the refresh on the ZL1. It doesn't matter anyways since I won't trade either of my cars for anything past a 13'...

If Ford kept the 2009 front end on only the GT500 and updated the backend they would get crucified...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #685
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,106
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
It's a complete copout. You cannot tell me that they couldn't make the ZL1 aerodynamics work with a new front fascia. Yes it would require a different look but to deny that it's lazy is if ignorant. It is lazy, they looked at the ZL1 and said "hmm we don't want to redo the design it testing for aerodynamics with the front fascia... Let it look like the old model no big deal."

The stupid part is they are putting the ugly part (IMHO) of the refresh on the ZL1. It doesn't matter anyways since I won't trade either of my cars for anything past a 13'...

If Ford kept the 2009 front end on only the GT500 and updated the backend they would get crucified...
I just don't agree. And I'm sorry you feel that way...especially since you appear to be making assumptions without having any first-hand knowledge of meetings held or discussions with the designers/engineers.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #686
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,881
They are leaving the front end the same on the ZL1? That's strange. It's not going I match the rest of the lineup.
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, bad ass, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z28 forum, z28 forums

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.