Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
Marsha1
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 19
This Hot Wheels Fad is no more ridiculous than those that went out and bought the Transformer edition.
Marsha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #19
Trailnut
 
Trailnut's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Camaro, '15 Colorado, '73 C/10
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North TX
Posts: 536
I saw one at the Dealer on Saturday when i picked up my new Camaro it is very cool !
__________________
'14/'69 Super Sport, Auto, SW
Trailnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #20
Kevlar382
 
Kevlar382's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Holland MI
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha1 View Post
This Hot Wheels Fad is no more ridiculous than those that went out and bought the Transformer edition.
That's a very good point by you. Don't care for either one, but to each his own. A lot of people seem to like them.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
1camaro70
 
1camaro70's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: BUTLER, PA
Posts: 531
here we go with Chevrolet promoting an UGLY unsaleable medium BLUE color (like ABM) to the American public, why show a color that will not sell or should not be produced? We need a petition to have Chevrolet repaint these cars to avoid the embarrassment.

Now get rid of the UGLY Laguna Blue on the 2014 Corvette (but wait until I get one to go with my ABM Camaro).
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #22
JR3
 
JR3's Avatar
 
Drives: Vette, Camaro
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Southeast
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Hot Wheels Camaros Rolling Around Indy as 500 Festival Cars


Great looking car and a great looking color. Thanks 4 posting.
JR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
JC6
 
Drives: 2011 GS Vert. Corvette
Join Date: May 2012
Location: So
Posts: 189
Hot Car! I dig that car....
JC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #24
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,943
Those should have been the 45th wheels. Ugh.
__________________

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #25
cshaw2049
 
cshaw2049's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT / RS M6 ABM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
here we go with Chevrolet promoting an UGLY unsaleable medium BLUE color (like ABM) to the American public, why show a color that will not sell or should not be produced? We need a petition to have Chevrolet repaint these cars to avoid the embarrassment.

Now get rid of the UGLY Laguna Blue on the 2014 Corvette (but wait until I get one to go with my ABM Camaro).
Couldn't agree more.
cshaw2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #26
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars
 
DuskSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Those should have been the 45th wheels. Ugh.
why would you want those ugly wheels?
and on top of being ugly the are 21s which basically does nothing but SCREW the purchaser into paying Pirelli or Continental 550 bucks per tire.
as there are no other choices.

I strongly regret getting the Dusk wheels for that reason.
If I had been paying attention instead of being so enamoured with the looks I would have had Chevy yank the 21s and replace with a similar looking 20 or 22.
they will be going in the garage and replaced with 20s soon enough.
__________________
2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Lethal Racing Stage V
PER 418ci Forged LS3
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #27
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Very cool choice for the race.. This car looks great in a vert.

Can't wait to see the Pace Car...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #28
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!
 
Toyaholic's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 442 Vert
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Those should have been the 45th wheels. Ugh.
Pick up a hot wheels car and look at the wheels. I would say the wheels used are closer to the toy than the 45th.
__________________
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #29
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
here we go with Chevrolet promoting an UGLY unsaleable medium BLUE color (like ABM) to the American public, why show a color that will not sell or should not be produced? We need a petition to have Chevrolet repaint these cars to avoid the embarrassment.

Now get rid of the UGLY Laguna Blue on the 2014 Corvette (but wait until I get one to go with my ABM Camaro).
Lol...my sarcasm radar went off with this post.

I love my ABM....this blue would be the only color I'd 100% be happy to switch to!
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #30
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS MT 45th AE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
why would you want those ugly wheels?
and on top of being ugly the are 21s which basically does nothing but SCREW the purchaser into paying Pirelli or Continental 550 bucks per tire.
as there are no other choices.

I strongly regret getting the Dusk wheels for that reason.
If I had been paying attention instead of being so enamoured with the looks I would have had Chevy yank the 21s and replace with a similar looking 20 or 22.
they will be going in the garage and replaced with 20s soon enough.
Ugly is not an absolute.

From a pure aesthetics standpoint, the wheel matches the 45th color scheme. Dominant black 5 spoke with a red pinstripe to match the 45th rally stripe accents. I've been looking for a black/gunmetal wheel recently that i'll add a strip to. They also look like the concept wheels which I like.

Financially, bad decision.
__________________

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
lee93
 
lee93's Avatar
 
Drives: 93 Z Festival 42 and Trucks 4 & 64
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
Cool! Looks like only verts?
50 Convertibles at this time. All Automatic with mylink Navigation. MSRP $51,160.
lee93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #32
FurySS
Furious Shine
 
FurySS's Avatar
 
Drives: Cammed & Slammed Pace Car
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 667
Pretty much since the 2011 vert was introduced that's what's been used. It makes since since these cars are used in the 500 Festival Parade as well as driver/VIP laps right before the race. Easier to drop the top and sit people in the back.

2010 may very well end up being the last year the 5th Gen coupe had a Pace Car Z4Z package! I was hoping to see 50 - ZL1's here someday - not sure that will happen..
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #33
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace View Post
Pretty much since the 2011 vert was introduced that's what's been used. It makes since since these cars are used in the 500 Festival Parade as well as driver/VIP laps right before the race. Easier to drop the top and sit people in the back.

2010 may very well end up being the last year the 5th Gen coupe had a Pace Car Z4Z package! I was hoping to see 50 - ZL1's here someday - not sure that will happen..
but I'm thinking a Z/28 w/ Z4Z package..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #34
zora2mac8
Deano
 
zora2mac8's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Gray Metallic SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 128
god i wish i could paint life that blue. fckin love it
__________________
Nessuno mi provoca essere senza punita!

HTML Code:
http://ny5thgen.com/ZORAMAC8%20Z.htm
zora2mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.