Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Old 04-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #5076
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Well yes it looks like the z28 will be more expensive than the zl1,, well have to wait for a used one
Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #5077
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
Well yes it looks like the z28 will be more expensive than the zl1,, well have to wait for a used one
Well since GM is playing the "appealing to collectors only game" it looks like GM has driven me to buying a mustang.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #5078
jose1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Well since GM is playing the "appealing to collectors only game" it looks like GM has driven me to buying a mustang.
I agree Ryan, first I was happy when fbod posted it would be around 40k, but one Camaro 5 member got invited to show and was told it would be more, guess I have to change my plans, hope he was lying

But we will have to wait till the official announcement
Old 04-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #5079
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I wouldn't say that they're playing that kinda game, they're just adding in stuff into the Z/28 to make it a monster on the track. Plus they mentioned that this car is primarily meant for the track, not on the road. The 1LE sounds more line what folks would want as an everyday driving type of Z/28, which everyone clamored to when the 1LE was revealed as a concept car back in SEMA of 2011. The Z/28 is in the same line as the COPOs, for performance use. It is a shame that they car is not gonna come in at ZL1 pricing, but for what you are getting in the suspension, chassis, braking, engine, seating, plus it being 300lbs. lighter than the ZL1, it all comes down to how much do we think that we can put into our own Camaros to get that kind of performance.

I just listened to a podcast on CamaroZ28.com where they interviewed the folks from the Chevy Camaro production team at the New YorK Auto Show during the refresh and Z/28 reveal. The episode is linked below and is a real neat thing to listen to in regards to the new Z/28. It's a little over 40min long, but worth the listen. Cheers!

http://www.chrisfrezza.com/podcast/podcast395.mp3
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #5080
Midnight Rat

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
There really is no way this car was going to come in at 40k. A fully loaded 1le is 44k for a 2ss and a 1ss at 40k. Maybe a base z at 56k and loaded with ac at 60k and a possible gg tax at 1300. Zl1 start at 56k and look at all the equipment on that.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #5081
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I wouldn't say that they're playing that kinda game, they're just adding in stuff into the Z/28 to make it a monster on the track. Plus they mentioned that this car is primarily meant for the track, not on the road. The 1LE sounds more line what folks would want as an everyday driving type of Z/28, which everyone clamored to when the 1LE was revealed as a concept car back in SEMA of 2011. The Z/28 is in the same line as the COPOs, for performance use. It is a shame that they car is not gonna come in at ZL1 pricing, but for what you are getting in the suspension, chassis, braking, engine, seating, plus it being 300lbs. lighter than the ZL1, it all comes down to how much do we think that we can put into our own Camaros to get that kind of performance.

I just listened to a podcast on CamaroZ28.com where they interviewed the folks from the Chevy Camaro production team at the New YorK Auto Show during the refresh and Z/28 reveal. The episode is linked below and is a real neat thing to listen to in regards to the new Z/28. It's a little over 40min long, but worth the listen. Cheers!

http://www.chrisfrezza.com/podcast/podcast395.mp3
I'm inclined to agree, but after thinking about it, I can't think of a series where the Z/28 would fit that there is not currently a highly modified SS in the top tier pushing the limit of the rule book, so I think it's likely many of the teams are just going to stick with something proven untill the next gen comes out. I do think a few are going to be raced, but more are going to be stored away by collectors and very few are going to be driven on the street.

Guess I'm just under the impression if your going to make a Camaro street legal, make it reasonably priced. I think it's going to have a very hard time selling to anybody other than rich purists and thinking that they included a back seat just drives that idea home even more. Other than that with pricing higher than the ZL1, their putting a Camaro in the Corvette market.

I can almost guarentee from what I have read less R&D went into the Z/28 than the ZL1 and probably everything on the Z/28 save the wheels, motor and brakes costs less to produce than the ZL1.

BTW getting past my disgruntled Z/28 rant, the mustang part of my last post was just throwing a little April Fool's out there. If I can't end up with a Z/28 I may have to settle for a nice used C6 Z06. I'm getting that LS7 one way or another. It just won't be lining GM's pocketbook directly.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #5082
jose1003

Well we gonna have to wait for the price was watching the video
Nice car but
Seats are not automatic that's optional
Radio one speaker but optional
Windows not automatic optional
No a/c but optional
No HUD but optional
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #5083
HorsemenLC-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2005 CTS-V
Just thought id introduce myself. Names Jose drive a 2005 cts-v and my wife drives a 2010 ss. My brother richard is very active on this forum or was. So hi everyone.
HorsemenLC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #5084
garfield1969
Garfield Special

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
xfactors I am a V6 cruiser too, I just like driving, I love high performance but I just love driving my 2LS, by the way does anyone know how to post pics on here, I have a pic of my car, but it keeps asking me for a http website
garfield1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #5085
Midnight Rat

Welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsemenLC-SS View Post
Just thought id introduce myself. Names Jose drive a 2005 cts-v and my wife drives a 2010 ss. My brother richard is very active on this forum or was. So hi everyone.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #5086
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsemenLC-SS View Post
Hey there Jose, how've you been? It's great to see ya on here brotha! For those that don't know Jose, Richard and the rest of the Las Cruces Horsemen, these cats has rides when they hot the drag strip that make you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield1969 View Post
xfactors ...does anyone know how to post pics on here, I have a pic of my car, but it keeps asking me for a http website
The way that I do it is that I upload my photos onto a my photobucket account and copy the link that is provided by photobucket for that particular picture and then just paste it onto to here. You have to create an account at www.photobucket.com and vuala.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #5087
HorsemenLC-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2005 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Hey there Jose, how've you been? It's great to see ya on here brotha! For those that don't know Jose, Richard and the rest of the Las Cruces Horsemen, these cats has rides when they hot the drag strip that make you go

The way that I do it is that I upload my photos onto a my photobucket account and copy the link that is provided by photobucket for that particular picture and then just paste it onto to here. You have to create an account at www.photobucket.com and vuala.
Been good thanks. You guys? Just finished building the wifes SS. Want to see how that does on the track.
HorsemenLC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #5088
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield1969 View Post
xfactors I am a V6 cruiser too, I just like driving, I love high performance but I just love driving my 2LS, by the way does anyone know how to post pics on here, I have a pic of my car, but it keeps asking me for a http website
To post a pic you have saved on your computer, just post a reply, and scroll down to manage attachments. Click on that and it brings up a new window. Then browse for your photo, and click on that. Then click on upload. Here, I'll post a photo I have saved on my pc. I'll send you a PM giving you my email addy. If you'll email me a pic of your car, I'll post the pic here in the forum.
Attached Images

xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #5089
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

EVENT: CAMARO5 EP/LC Gathering, Saturday, April 13th, 2013

Caffeine & Octane/Farley's Pub and Grill
El Paso, TX to Las Cruces, NM
Saturday, April 13th, 2013
9AM- 5PM

Good morning, afternoon, evening, or whenever time it is that you are checking out the most awesome Camaro thread in the El Paso/Las Cruces area, . Hope that everyone's month has been turning out well so far.

Next Saturday, April 13th, we have a big day planned for everyone and anyone who wishes to join. As many of you may remember, a few of us attended the El Paso Caffeine & Octane gathering off of Sundland Drive and Mesa from 9AM-11AM. This event is a cars and coffee sort of deal where all auto makes and models come out and talk shop such as Shelby Mustangs, 442s, Corvettes, and Lamborghinis, while grabbing coffee during the morning. It is such a great site to see and had such a grand time the entire morning, aside from the cold wind, that we are going to be attending this event again. Of course though, we are also going to be having our monthly Camaro Gathering at Farley's in Las Cruces that afternoon, because why would we wanna ruin a good thing, right? So, with that, once we are done with Caffeine & Octane at 11AM we will take photo ops at a location between El Paso and Las Cruces, which should take no more than an hour and cruise to the LC taking Hwy 28 and have lunch at Farley's on the patio at 2PM. Parking will be saved like usual, but we must make it very apparent to everyone that is going to be joining to let us know if you are joining for lunch to save parking. Last time we had a few spaces that were empty and we do not wish to take lots that Farley's can use for other customers. Once we are done with lunch we will cruise to Caliche's on Valley Dr. in LC for desert. The day should end around 5/6PM. So who is in?

Itinerary: (NOTE: Times subject to change)
08:00am - Meet at Pic Quick off of University Ave. & I-25 (This is for the folks meeting up in Las Cruces)
08:30am - Leave for El Paso
09:30am - Arrive at Caffeine & Octane at Starbucks on corner of Sunland Park and Mesa St.
11:00am - Leave for photo op
02:00pm - Arrive at Farley's Pub & Grill on Foothils Dr.
04:00pm - Leave for Caliche's on Valley Dr.

Members Joining:
char1ieone - 2010 2SS (Las Cruces)
LIL_ONE - 2010 1SS (Las Cruces)
2013_1LE - 2013 1LE (El Paso)
Sabot - 2013 ZL1 (White Sands)
Aguilar - 2002 Z06 (El Paso)
Steven - 2013 2LT (Las Cruces)
Boricua - 2010 2SS (El Paso)
danvillekidd - 2010 2SS (Alamogordo)
Kyle - 1998 SS (Las Cruces)
Zero2Sixty - 2011 2LS (Las Cruces)

Last edited by Char1ieone; 04-10-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #5090
Sabot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
^^ the Z will be there
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #5091
Aguilar

Drives: 02 Z06
I'd like to join you guys if nothing comes up.
Aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #5092
LIL_ONE

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
I'll be there. At least for lunch for sure. Depending if my rim gets here next week like its supposed to, might be able to cruise down to EP and back. I'll have to skip out on Caliche's this time :/ as I have a business obligation at 4.
LIL_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #5093
xfactors

Question for the group. I was thinking about upgrading to a 1LT camaro, because I wasn't sure what to do about the vette. My thinking has changed though. I'm thinking the 2015 corvette might be available for order around Aug of 2014. Maybe I could order it then. I'm thinking by that time all this allocation crap will be over with for the new corvette. I'm thinking it will be a mess for the 2014 corvette.

So my question for the group is this. Do you think my thinking on this is correct? I plan on ordering a 2LT coupe corvette. I plan on ordering magnetic ride suspension, variable exhaust, auto trans, and night race blue for the color. I'll probably get it from Viva, from the same salesman I got my camaro from. I like this guy's style. He's polite, but business like. He and I are kind of on the same page, so to speak. I'm figuring my vette wil have a MSRP of around 64k. My camaro will probably have less than 3000 miles on it, when I trade it in. It will be 2 years old by then. Right now it has 640 miles, and I got it mid Sept.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #5094
MR.Mean

Drives: 2012 camaro 2SS
sorry guys im not going to be able to make it to this meet
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #5095
xfactors

Well I went down to Viva and talked to them today. My salesman no longer works there. I talked to one of the managers there, and told him what I wanted. He said they would look into things, and see what they could do for me. He told me, "You're a good customer for us." I told him I was ready to buy right now. He told me they want to sell me the vette. I don't know how things will turn out. I'll eventually get it. Don't know how long, though.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #5096
jose1003

Get the vette, its an awesome car
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #5097
xfactors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
Get the vette, its an awesome car
I think I'll like the vette. If I don't, I'll trade it in for a 1LT camaro, because I know I would like a 1LT camaro. I really enjoy my 2LS. And with 323 HP, it has plenty of power for me. I even spun my rear tires the other day, when I rounded a corner and accelerated. I was like, "Holy Moses." That V6 can be a lot of fun.

I'm like Garfield when he says he loves driving his 2LS. Same here. I love driving my 2LS. Everytime I get in my camaro, it's fun. It drives great.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #5098
Midnight Rat

Well if you like the vette you will like the v8 camaro. They have a zl1 camaro and 2 1le camaros there. Check those out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
I think I'll like the vette. If I don't, I'll trade it in for a 1LT camaro, because I know I would like a 1LT camaro. I really enjoy my 2LS. And with 323 HP, it has plenty of power for me. I even spun my rear tires the other day, when I rounded a corner and accelerated. I was like, "Holy Moses." That V6 can be a lot of fun.

I'm like Garfield when he says he loves driving his 2LS. Same here. I love driving my 2LS. Everytime I get in my camaro, it's fun. It drives great.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #5099
jose1003

Are you planning on the vette v8 or the one that GM announced a cheaper one but v6
Old 04-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #5100
Midnight Rat

The vette is going to sold on allocation, so good luck getting one at msrp, and it won't happen at viva. They were crazy when the camaro first came out and are still that way with there zl1's.

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001