Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 08-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #51
Genob4c

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert CRT
Make some noise and your dealer will give you your deposit back. Most are considered a good faith deposit. Mine is and my dealer said he'd certainly refund my $1k deposit if the deal didn't happen for any reason. And it's not like your dealer is going to get stuck with the car.

Geno
Genob4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #52
Proud father

Drives: 13 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99firehawk View Post
After reading many, many posts on top issues and news of the recent delays, I have regrettably decided to cancel my order for a 2013 ZL1 convertible.

The latest word is I "may" get the car by Oct/Nov this year but more than likely in Jan/Feb 2013. I started the process to get this car last Dec 2011 with a deposit down to reserve a spot when the allocations came out. Still waiting for an allocation confirmation with no build date in sight. Looks like Canadian orders are yet again taking a back seat to our friends in the US (...and they are built just 30 min down the highway from me).

I thought the 8 month wait for my 99 Firehawk vert was long but this is beyond tolerable, especially with the lack of official attention that GM is putting on the vert top issues you are all having.

Too bad as I was really looking forward to this car, but am now soured on the whole thing and am bailing and will have to eat my $1500 deposit as it is "non-refundable" :(

All the best guys and hope each of you get your tops replaced or repaired to your satisfaction.
Hang-In there it will be worth wait!
why if you going to lose it anyway would you pull-out?
or see if anyone else is behind you, see if he will pay you the 1500
to pull out and jump in your spot.
let it ride !!!!!
Proud father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #53
Proud father

Unhappy I have a Question

My Dealer called and said the vert plant is slow in getting up and running
and it would not be till January until they start giving more allocations .I translated his bull as he didn't get a vert allocation and is waiting to see if he gets one in January. I have a Question are the next set of allocations coming out in January and will they be for the next 6 months. so if he can not get one at that time, is he done till until July allocations come out!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #54
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud father View Post
My Dealer called and said the vert plant is slow in getting up and running
and it would not be till January until they start giving more allocations .I translated his bull as he didn't get a vert allocation and is waiting to see if he gets one in January. I have a Question are the next set of allocations coming out in January and will they be for the next 6 months. so if he can not get one at that time, is he done till until July allocations come out!
As far as I know, that is correct. The last round of alloctions that came out in June were for from then till Dec 31st.

Keep in mind that even if come Jan 1st GM doles out more allocations and they are good for 6 months, that still won't tell the dealer WHEN in those six months he'll be able to USE them on new orders. THAT comes on a month by month basis.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #55
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99firehawk View Post
After reading many, many posts on top issues and news of the recent delays, I have regrettably decided to cancel my order for a 2013 ZL1 convertible.

The latest word is I "may" get the car by Oct/Nov this year but more than likely in Jan/Feb 2013. I started the process to get this car last Dec 2011 with a deposit down to reserve a spot when the allocations came out. Still waiting for an allocation confirmation with no build date in sight. Looks like Canadian orders are yet again taking a back seat to our friends in the US (...and they are built just 30 min down the highway from me).

I thought the 8 month wait for my 99 Firehawk vert was long but this is beyond tolerable, especially with the lack of official attention that GM is putting on the vert top issues you are all having.

Too bad as I was really looking forward to this car, but am now soured on the whole thing and am bailing and will have to eat my $1500 deposit as it is "non-refundable" :(

All the best guys and hope each of you get your tops replaced or repaired to your satisfaction.
As far as concerns about the top, I had a 2011 Vert that had the minor rub issues and the top replaced, and it turned out great.

I traded it in (nothing to do with top issues) on a 2013 ZL1 Vert. I've had the ZL1 Vert now for 1100 miles, and the top is absolutly PERFECT in every way.
NO rub marks, NO holes, NO leaks, NO wind noise, etc, etc.

Hate the wait, but it's worth it. The one downside on waiting is that the longer the wait, the more miles you'll probably be putting on the car you plan on trading in, and the lower that will make it's value.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #56
Proud father

built and Bayed

Quote:
My dealer tells me the new zl1 vert is not available to order yet .
What is the story?
I think is trying to push me in the direction of the coupe
not sure why.
( HI Everyone new and my 1st post )
TPW 4/1/13
built and bayed 4/2/13
Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #57
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
TPW 4/1/13
built and bayed 4/2/13
Congrats you've waited a long time.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote