Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #15
chetkan
Haters gonna hate!!!
 
chetkan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Synergy Green
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 676
I have sent multiple messages to the administrator that arbitrarily deleted my signature. I have yet to get a single response!! That just shows total disregard for the members!!!!!
chetkan is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
alex70olds
~~*~~
 
alex70olds's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lake Conroe Texas
Posts: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetkan View Post
I have sent multiple messages to the administrator that arbitrarily deleted my signature. I have yet to get a single response!! That just shows total disregard for the members!!!!!
Tran? I would guess it was one of the moderators.
__________________
alex70olds is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
chetkan
Haters gonna hate!!!
 
chetkan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Synergy Green
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 676
I'm not gonna post any names here. I just think that isn't appropriate. I just disagree with the way it was handled. It showed a total lack of professionalism and class!!!
chetkan is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,609
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I am quite confused.

If you know who deleted your signature, then they had to have been in contact with you. I don't know of any other way for you to know who did it. In which case, it is quite odd that they would take the time to tell you they deleted your signature yet not include a reason in that message -unless the reason was blatantly obvious. After all, it takes nearly as much time & effort to send a PM that says "I deleted your signature" as it does to say "I deleted your signature because it was ___ "
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,409
You can pm me if you'd like.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 28,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetkan View Post
I'm not gonna post any names here. I just think that isn't appropriate. I just disagree with the way it was handled. It showed a total lack of professionalism and class!!!
Counting me you now have the attention of 7 moderators. Please PM any one or all of us and I guarantee you will get a response. We're here to help out where we can and don't want anyone to feel like their issues went ignored. Hope we can help with your concerns.
__________________
.
mlee is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
Now you've got 8.

And I just deleted someone else's sig a while back (which had advertising in it) and was unable to send a message about it at the time (as I was on my phone and was extremely busy). But I did send a message later on that day.

I'm not sure you know "who" deleted your sig since the only way to know is if they sent you a message....and usually they explain why.

If it was an admin, I'm not surprised he didn't get back to you as he gets hundreds of PM's per day, has (I don't even know how many) sponsors he's now dealing with on this site, the construction of a new site going up, and so much more. If all you want is a simple answer as to why your sig was deleted, ASK ONE OF US.

Was there advertising in it?
Was there political messages in it?
Was there animation in it?
Did it have an external link to a for sale, other site, something inappropriate?

really....an answer can be provided if you really wanted one. All you have to do is ask. We are all waiting.
TAG UR IT is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #22
chetkan
Haters gonna hate!!!
 
chetkan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Synergy Green
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 676
I know who deleted it. I don't think it's appropriate to post names here. I have contacted a moderator and after discussing it it seems like the person who deleted it has a history of ignoring people's messages.
Please don't get me wrong I love this site but I adamantly disagree with the practice of arbitrarily deleting signatures WITHOUT giving the members an opportunity to either change it or delete it. People have a lot of time invested in their signatures just to delete them without even a heads up. My signature was not animated. It did not contain any political messages or links at all. It didn't even have any advertising (unlike just about everybody else's).
Like I said I have contacted a moderator via PM and they have "guessed" why it might've been deleted. I'm good with just putting this whole experience behind me and moving on.

I am sorry if any moderators took offense to my post. My comments were directed solely to the one person who chose to ignore my questions.
chetkan is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #23
mikeyg36


 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533, 2016 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden City, NY/Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 6,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetkan View Post
I know who deleted it. I don't think it's appropriate to post names here. I have contacted a moderator and after discussing it it seems like the person who deleted it has a history of ignoring people's messages.
Please don't get me wrong I love this site but I adamantly disagree with the practice of arbitrarily deleting signatures WITHOUT giving the members an opportunity to either change it or delete it. People have a lot of time invested in their signatures just to delete them without even a heads up. My signature was not animated. It did not contain any political messages or links at all. It didn't even have any advertising (unlike just about everybody else's).
Like I said I have contacted a moderator via PM and they have "guessed" why it might've been deleted. I'm good with just putting this whole experience behind me and moving on.

I am sorry if any moderators took offense to my post. My comments were directed solely to the one person who chose to ignore my questions.
I'm not a mod, but just say it and get it over with. I'm sure he will not care. These guys have to put up with crap all day long and I'm sure all eight of them don't want to play the "which mod did what" game.
Spit it out or I'm just assuming you're a troll
__________________
“Driving a muscle car fast isn't that fun, it's driving one slowly and making a ton of noise and pissing people off, that's what’s fun.” –Matt Farah
mikeyg36 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,579
Well, it couldn't have been a mod. They would have mentioned it by now either here or in our mod section and no one's said anything. That means it had to have been the site administrator/owner...which, to me, means it was only one person. And quite frankly, I wouldn't go screaming and yelling too much about something as minor as this while a guest in the owners house. But hey...that's just me.
TAG UR IT is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #25
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,305
I delete signatures. And if it was deleted, then it was against the site rules in some way (i.e. offensive, lewd, or otherwise inappropriate signature). That should be obvious.
__________________
Tran is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.