Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #126
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Car sounds great. I was wondering if anyone had a BBK MRT V2 combo on here. For some reason there aren't many videos of it. How is the rasp and drone with the resonator delete? When I get around to doing my headers I will be replacing the 2.25 pipes for 2.5
I didn't notice any increase in drone or more rasp from the resonator delete with just the mufflers. With headers, there is more drone and rasp, especially right after install. I have about 700 miles since install and both have toned down quite a bit. When the exhaust is still cold (right after start up), I have some rasp that goes away with driving.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #127
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Thanks! I'm impressed by the Trifecta transmission tune. Shifts are firm and I'm chirping tires in 2nd and 3rd.

I'm working on designing a custom emblem for the ZL1 grill right now. Hopefully it's not too pricey so I can get it soon.

And I'll FINALLY order a catch can. It's beyond me why I haven't done so already.
I like my trifecta transmission tune in day to day driving too! It's fun gunning it and feeling it hit as hard as it does. It just feels like it just throws you forward with every shift.

Who's doing your emblem? If you don't mind saying. You can pm me if you want. But I've been looking for someone who does custom emblems but won't charge me an arm and a leg for them

I don't have a catch can either. I've always meant to buy it but just haven't got around to it because there's always something else to buy
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #128
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I like my trifecta transmission tune in day to day driving too! It's fun gunning it and feeling it hit as hard as it does. It just feels like it just throws you forward with every shift.

Who's doing your emblem? If you don't mind saying. You can pm me if you want. But I've been looking for someone who does custom emblems but won't charge me an arm and a leg for them

I don't have a catch can either. I've always meant to buy it but just haven't got around to it because there's always something else to buy
Lol, it's pretty awesome! I can't wait til I go make a pass at the drag strip. I'm hoping I'm in the 13's now, lol. I need to take some unsuspecting passengers along for the ride...

I'm having it done by emblempros. It's kinda pricey, but less than I was expecting for what I want done.

Lol, that's why I haven't bought one. Always something with more instant gratification to buy. That and I can never decide between RX or Elite.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #129
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Lol, it's pretty awesome! I can't wait til I go make a pass at the drag strip. I'm hoping I'm in the 13's now, lol. I need to take some unsuspecting passengers along for the ride...

I'm having it done by emblempros. It's kinda pricey, but less than I was expecting for what I want done.

Lol, that's why I haven't bought one. Always something with more instant gratification to buy. That and I can never decide between RX or Elite.
I do know that when I get one it will be an Elite can. Just because of the ease of emptying the Elite can. Being able to unscrew the bottom of the Elite can makes it easier to empty. That's just my opinion though.


Any chance that you'll be coming to Texas Camaro Revolution?
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #130
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I do know that when I get one it will be an Elite can. Just because of the ease of emptying the Elite can. Being able to unscrew the bottom of the Elite can makes it easier to empty. That's just my opinion though.


Any chance that you'll be coming to Texas Camaro Revolution?
Yeah, I think I'm going to order an elite can soon. For that same reason.

I'll be there Saturday only. I've gotta be disciplined and study.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #131
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Yeah, I think I'm going to order an elite can soon. For that same reason.

I'll be there Saturday only. I've gotta be disciplined and study.
I know how you feel, have a few papers to do and some tests coming up but this weekend, I'm going to at least drag race on Friday and go watch the autocross on Saturday just to relax a bit before I have to kick it into high gear for the last part of the semester.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #132
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I know how you feel, have a few papers to do and some tests coming up but this weekend, I'm going to at least drag race on Friday and go watch the autocross on Saturday just to relax a bit before I have to kick it into high gear for the last part of the semester.
I have an exam coming in a couple of weeks over what seems like a mountain of info. I wanted to dragrace, but with it being open for a regular test'n'tune night, I don't think I'd make very many passes. Saturday will give me a chance to catch up with people and meet new C5 members.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #133
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Had the Camaro dyno'd post header install and tune. The numbers were 253 hp and 246 tq. Was hoping for a little more than that...



__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #134
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
I just got my custom grill emblem, courtesy of Emblempros. This is a quality piece! Can't wait to install it!





__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #135
73vette

 
73vette's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, 1973 Corvette
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 777
What do you use to shop your photos? My 73 Vette will be painted IOM within the next few weeks, and I will be taking pics like crazy!!
__________________
73vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #136
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73vette View Post
What do you use to shop your photos? My 73 Vette will be painted IOM within the next few weeks, and I will be taking pics like crazy!!
Hey, I didn't see your post 'til just now! I use Corel's Paint Shop Pro X4. It's a pretty decent program; I mainly do my pictures in HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography, as well as slightly longer exposures to capture the color better. The vette will look nice in IOM! Can't wait to see pics!!!
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #137
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Today marks 3 years with my Camaro! It's come a long way since day 1, and still has room for so much more... The next upgrade will be a sub/amp, with install likely happening next weekend.

__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #138
bitinas
 
bitinas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Roselle, il
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I just got my custom grill emblem, courtesy of Emblempros. This is a quality piece! Can't wait to install it!





any photos with emblem installed?
__________________
bitinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #139
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitinas View Post
any photos with emblem installed?
Just a quick, up-close cell phone pic. I've been waiting to get "quality" photos until my front bowtie is redone.

__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #140
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Today marks 3 years with my Camaro! It's come a long way since day 1, and still has room for so much more... The next upgrade will be a sub/amp, with install likely happening next weekend.

What sub/amp upgrade are you going with? I'm at the point where I'm ready to upgrade my factory hookup.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #141
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
What sub/amp upgrade are you going with? I'm at the point where I'm ready to upgrade my factory hookup.
I'm going with a Kicker DX500.1 mono amp (500 watts) and a 12" Kicker Comp VR (4 ohm) sub in the subthump stealth box. I'm hoping everything gets here this week, so I can install next weekend.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #142
bitinas
 
bitinas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Roselle, il
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Just a quick, up-close cell phone pic. I've been waiting to get "quality" photos until my front bowtie is redone.

looks awesome and unique. I also have custom emblem which I got from Roger at emblempros. great quality and service
__________________
bitinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #143
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitinas View Post
looks awesome and unique. I also have custom emblem which I got from Roger at emblempros. great quality and service
Thanks! I definitely wanted to go with a custom piece for the grill! What emblem did you go with?
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #144
bitinas
 
bitinas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2LT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Roselle, il
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Thanks! I definitely wanted to go with a custom piece for the grill! What emblem did you go with?
take a look at my build thread. there aren't too many posts so you will find it easy. I put the same emblem on the grille, trunk and hood. Just like zl1 style:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296141
__________________
bitinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #145
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I'm going with a Kicker DX500.1 mono amp (500 watts) and a 12" Kicker Comp VR (4 ohm) sub in the subthump stealth box. I'm hoping everything gets here this week, so I can install next weekend.
Awesome! Good luck with the install..
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #146
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitinas View Post
take a look at my build thread. there aren't too many posts so you will find it easy. I put the same emblem on the grille, trunk and hood. Just like zl1 style:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296141
Cool. I'll go check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Awesome! Good luck with the install..
Thanks! Hopefully it goes in smoothly. that's what she said
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #147
ENV US
 
ENV US's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Green RS, 1999 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 243
Awesome machine! Been following your mods. Good luck with the sound system install.
ENV US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #148
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENV US View Post
Awesome machine! Been following your mods. Good luck with the sound system install.
Thanks! Much appreciated! I don't remember if I've met you before, but I definitely like that Synergy Green!
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #149
Silver85IrocZ

 
Drives: '13 VR 1LT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gateway to the West
Posts: 2,058
Looking Good ! ! ! !

have seen pics of your car
before, but hadnt gone thru
your thread before.
Just got a 1LT 5 days ago
another blank canvas,
that will be slow in changing
__________________
2013 Camaro 1LT/Auto/18's/Sunroof/Spare Tire.
RotoFab Cai, 1LE strut bar,Gm 4 pack guages,
G.S. Hashmarks ,Gill stripes and Bowties in
3d Carbon vinyl ,Opti-coat 2.0 Applied
Built on or about 5 Jun 13 7:58 am - Adopted 5 Jul 13
Silver85IrocZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #150
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver85IrocZ View Post
Looking Good ! ! ! !

have seen pics of your car
before, but hadnt gone thru
your thread before.
Just got a 1LT 5 days ago
another blank canvas,
that will be slow in changing
Thank you! And congrats on your brand new ride! Have fun modding!!!
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
blackout, falken, injen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official 2011 Camaro Convertible Details and Specs released! The Viz Camaro Convertible Forum 138 02-09-2014 02:28 PM
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.