Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
Dupree878
 
Dupree878's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 555
Is your Dusk Special Edition missing an advertised feature? Mine is.

Have a 2013 2SS Dusk Edition. The hero card and press materials all list Ice Blue Ambient Lighting. Neither the auto car I test drove, nor the LS3 I bought have the lighting. I wanted it, but the dealer said it would be $500 to add.
Tonight I read on another (non-automotive) forum a guy showing off his new ride, and he specifically raved about his ambient lighting.

Do others here with the Dusk Special Edition have it?

Thanks.
__________________
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 17,952
You have it...standard on 2ss's...is it turned off? Also, it's not on during the day.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
bwk1971
 
bwk1971's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 511
Yes, the ambient blue lighting on the doors comes on the SS. The $500 option is the ambient light kit for the footwells and the cup holders.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
H0peful1
 
Drives: --
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: --
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
Yes, the ambient blue lighting on the doors comes on the SS. The $500 option is the ambient light kit for the footwells and the cup holders.
^^This. I bought my car from our C5 rock star, Becky, and asked her about a thousand questions in the process, one of which was clarifying what "ambient lighting" referred to in the Dusk write-up. She too said it was doors only: $500 addl for optional kit as outlined above.
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Dupree878
 
Dupree878's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 555
Ok. I have the door lighting.
The guys on the other forum said it was in their footwells too.
Since door lighting comes on 2SS trims, why does it list it as a feature on the Dusk Hero Card I wonder.
__________________
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
tbass
 
tbass's Avatar
 
Drives: Red 2SSRS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
Ok. I have the door lighting.
The guys on the other forum said it was in their footwells too.
Since door lighting comes on 2SS trims, why does it list it as a feature on the Dusk Hero Card I wonder.
because the lighting is a different color
tbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
DuskLover
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9
Missing on mine as well

Bought one this week and it does not have the ice blue ambient lighting either. It clearly states everywhere I have seen that it is included in the Dusk edition and never mentions that it is only in the SS. The Hurst shifter is clearly stated that it is an option only on V8 models, so you would think if the ambient lighting was only on 2SS models it would state that as well.

I have my salesman checking on this for me, but given the fact that he didn't even know what ambient lighting was, I imagine I am going to hear some typical sales bull. I think I'm going to put up a bit of a fight on this since I just bought two cars on the same day.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
Bought one this week and it does not have the ice blue ambient lighting either. It clearly states everywhere I have seen that it is included in the Dusk edition and never mentions that it is only in the SS. The Hurst shifter is clearly stated that it is an option only on V8 models, so you would think if the ambient lighting was only on 2SS models it would state that as well.

I have my salesman checking on this for me, but given the fact that he didn't even know what ambient lighting was, I imagine I am going to hear some typical sales bull. I think I'm going to put up a bit of a fight on this since I just bought two cars on the same day.
Ambient lighting is comes with the 2LT and the 2SS.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
Chi-One
 
Chi-One's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 353
I have it on mine.
__________________
1 of 56
Chi-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
DuskLover
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9
It appears that way from the hero card and all the advertising, but I don't see that as being truth given there are some here who don't have it, including myself, and some with what they believe is a clear reason why, such as the difference in colors. I have the 2LT and it is not in it, so I think I'm gonna push the dealership to install it as advertised and to heck with the rest of the bs explanations as to why it isn't there.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
It appears that way from the hero card and all the advertising, but I don't see that as being truth given there are some here who don't have it, including myself, and some with what they believe is a clear reason why, such as the difference in colors. I have the 2LT and it is not in it, so I think I'm gonna push the dealership to install it as advertised and to heck with the rest of the bs explanations as to why it isn't there.
What don't you have? Do your doors not light up at night?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
DuskLover
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-One View Post
I have it on mine.
Thanks Chi-One. I'm gonna use that fact in my fight to get it installed in mine. LOL. Is it just in the doors, or is it in the floorboard and cup holders too?
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
DuskLover
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9
I don't have it anywhere.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
camarohwk23
Camaro5line
 
camarohwk23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Synergy Series 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 166
If it is advertised you should have it. If it not a feature you have now, you should go talk to your dealer. When I purchased my Synergy Series it was advertised that it came with footwell and cupholder lighting but mine did not have it. I called the dealership right away and after checking they agreed and installed it the next day, for free of course.
camarohwk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #15
DuskLover
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohwk23 View Post
If it is advertised you should have it. If it not a feature you have now, you should go talk to your dealer. When I purchased my Synergy Series it was advertised that it came with footwell and cupholder lighting but mine did not have it. I called the dealership right away and after checking they agreed and installed it the next day, for free of course.
I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks for the feedback.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder
 
christianchevell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,199
Ambient lighting is just on the top edge of the door insert.......Cup holder and foot well lighting is a $550 option installed and its just a single LED to help see the pedals and floor in each side while you drive and a single led in each cup holder spot. I was underwhelmed at mine when it was installed and went on gen5diy to find the circuit to add lights so now I have lots of led under the dash but its connected to the door and dome lamp circuit and does not stay on unless the dome lamp is turned on which I also have a lot of red LED lights in. The under dash was simply done by splicing in a circuit and adding the self adhesive strips bought form my local parts store, the circuit is in the passenger side front kick panel under the dash...(not explained well on gen5diy....) but they do tell you the circuit so you can splice into the correct positive and negative.
__________________
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, 500rwhp 460 torque mustang dyno,dual mode ,sunroof ,heritage grill clear bra, TSP cam, Stainless power headers HFC, CAI induction, Vmax PTD,Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels, catch can, separate clutch reservoir, under dash/body lights/scanner LED, DRL lights/halos rewire, Dash kit, Custom striping and Sparks badges and Engine badge, Corvette Stainless engine cover, mild to wild, coming soon Eaton true trac and 3.91's
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
DuskLover
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Ambient lighting is just on the top edge of the door insert.......Cup holder and foot well lighting is a $550 option installed and its just a single LED to help see the pedals and floor in each side while you drive and a single led in each cup holder spot. I was underwhelmed at mine when it was installed and went on gen5diy to find the circuit to add lights so now I have lots of led under the dash but its connected to the door and dome lamp circuit and does not stay on unless the dome lamp is turned on which I also have a lot of red LED lights in. The under dash was simply done by splicing in a circuit and adding the self adhesive strips bought form my local parts store, the circuit is in the passenger side front kick panel under the dash...(not explained well on gen5diy....) but they do tell you the circuit so you can splice into the correct positive and negative.
Thanks Christian, but I don't believe we are talking about the same thing. Based on your picture, you don't have a Dusk Special Edition. I realize it is standard on a 2SS in red, but the Dusk editions are suppose to have ice blue and the problem is some have it and some don't it appears. Just trying to find out what I need to do about getting what I paid for and not looking to add anything else at the moment. But when I do your info will be of great help I'm sure. Thanks again.
DuskLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #18
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
Thanks Christian, but I don't believe we are talking about the same thing. Based on your picture, you don't have a Dusk Special Edition. I realize it is standard on a 2SS in red, but the Dusk editions are suppose to have ice blue and the problem is some have it and some don't it appears. Just trying to find out what I need to do about getting what I paid for and not looking to add anything else at the moment. But when I do your info will be of great help I'm sure. Thanks again.
The standard is ice blue (ZL1's come standard with red however).

Can you post a picture of your door panels? That's the easiest way for us to get to the bottom of this.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
Ok. I have the door lighting.
The guys on the other forum said it was in their footwells too.
Since door lighting comes on 2SS trims, why does it list it as a feature on the Dusk Hero Card I wonder.
$$$. They want to sell the car man.
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
Dupree878
 
Dupree878's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 555
I can't tell a difference between the color of my door lighting and the lighting in the door of a Silver V6 I was in yesterday.
__________________
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
I can't tell a difference between the color of my door lighting and the lighting in the door of a Silver V6 I was in yesterday.
It's the same ice blue lighting though? I'm confused - did you expect them to be different?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #22
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
I don't have it anywhere.
Yes you do. All 2LTs and 2SS's have it. You might have to turn the little wheel to make it come up.

You also have to have your headlights or halos on to have it on inside
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Chi-One
 
Chi-One's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskLover View Post
Thanks Chi-One. I'm gonna use that fact in my fight to get it installed in mine. LOL. Is it just in the doors, or is it in the floorboard and cup holders too?
Sorry just saw your questions. The door lighting is standard on DUSK SE. The footwells and cupholders lighting is an option.
__________________
1 of 56
Chi-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #24
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-One View Post
Sorry just saw your questions. The door lighting is standard on DUSK SE. The footwells and cupholders lighting is an option.
Right. Hopefully everyone in this thread realizes by now that door lighting is standard on all 2LTs and 2SS's. Therefore all Dusk editions have it.

So no one is missing anything here.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #25
Dupree878
 
Dupree878's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
It's the same ice blue lighting though? I'm confused - did you expect them to be different?
Yes, I expected it to be different. It's advertised on the Hero Card as a unique to the Dusk SE for one. It's mentioned earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass View Post
because the lighting is a different color
__________________
Dupree878 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.