Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #76
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,583
so how come ain't nobody talking about the important stuff - LS7 with 4-2-1 shortie headers from the factory with what looks like a 100/102mm TB
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #77
MidlifecriSS
 
MidlifecriSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS;Blk w/IOM
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancaster, NY
Posts: 206
Great pics Joe!! I am thinking when you are done running your extensive Hotel chains, maybe photography is in your future???
The turbo is downright nasty too!!
__________________
Nikita's Build Thread:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297196
New Era Cam Package; Ported TB; Kooks Headers/HF Cats/Solo Performance Catback; CAI Intake; Hurst Shifter; Skip Shift Elim; Oracle ColorShift headlights; JDP Clutch Res
MidlifecriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #78
GroundhogSS
 
GroundhogSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Envoy Denali, '06 G35 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 499
Thanks for sharing those pics. Those are awesome. Looking forward to seeing the new models in person. Still planning on a 2014 SS/RS. I like the refresh.
__________________
Richard
GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #79
HumanWiki
Former 5th Gen owner
 
HumanWiki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
so how come ain't nobody talking about the important stuff - LS7 with 4-2-1 shortie headers from the factory with what looks like a 100/102mm TB
Cuz we done talked bout that in them there other threads.
__________________
2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT Auto
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #80
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Where is the V6?? GM knows it is the best selling Camaro, right? You'd think they wouldn't leave the biggest segment of Camaro buyers in the dark.
I think that it was posted by Fbodfather the V6 will have even more visual differences to separate it from the SS. I think he said it is keeping the old hood, and the Fascia will be different from the SS in some way.
I think probably a smaller lower grill for one thing, possibly a different grill. Definitely no air extractor... But if it still has the same hood as before you can still add the Hex Vents or TL1 insert on it.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #81
whiteknight012
+Will+
 
whiteknight012's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 497
Reserving final judgment until I can finally see it in person...but from the pictures, I think I like the Non-RS taillights better than the RS ones. I could never go without the halos, though...
__________________
"Celeste" - 2011 1LT/RS CGM/BLK -A member of CVC- Central Valley Camaros [Build]http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237634
whiteknight012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #82
Baron3600
 
Baron3600's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight012 View Post
Reserving final judgment until I can finally see it in person...but from the pictures, I think I like the Non-RS taillights better than the RS ones. I could never go without the halos, though...
Agreed. Waiting till I see in person but the non RS taillights and even headlights look pretty good. Could make a potential future 1LE purchase a little cheaper
Baron3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #83
ForgedReality
Envy
 
ForgedReality's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 641
Why did they bother painting the mufflers in the first place? Just remove them and you have as perfect a sound as you can get without adding headers.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #84
ForgedReality
Envy
 
ForgedReality's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytnom View Post
Great pictures - Thanks! Liked the refreshed front from the start, but the more you see the rear the more it grows on you. GLAD they are not offering them in Synergy Green
Why are you glad SGM is discontinued? It was the best color ever. :(
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #85
thejudgemeister
Thejudgemeister
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Summit White
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 32
Great pictures. Thanks for posting them. Does anyone here like the new tail lights? Personally, I don't think I care for them. They look a little too much like Dodge tail lights.
thejudgemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #86
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Where is the V6?? GM knows it is the best selling Camaro, right? You'd think they wouldn't leave the biggest segment of Camaro buyers in the dark.
The majority of buyers doesn't necessarily mean that most of the people at that unveiling were interested in the the V6. I think they chose to show the models that featured the most significant changes...and space is limited on that stage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think that it was posted by Fbodfather the V6 will have even more visual differences to separate it from the SS. I think he said it is keeping the old hood, and the Fascia will be different from the SS in some way.
I think probably a smaller lower grill for one thing, possibly a different grill. Definitely no air extractor... But if it still has the same hood as before you can still add the Hex Vents or TL1 insert on it.
I think I posted that - but I might have missed fbodfather mentioning it.

That is correct - I was told the V6 will keep the current hood, and have it's own distinct front clip (think of the difference between the current front ends between V6 and SS...less aggressive on the V6).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
so how come ain't nobody talking about the important stuff - LS7 with 4-2-1 shortie headers from the factory with what looks like a 100/102mm TB
They definitely seemed to have squeezed as much power out of that thing as possible from the factory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlifecriSS View Post
Great pics Joe!! I am thinking when you are done running your extensive Hotel chains, maybe photography is in your future???
The turbo is downright nasty too!!
Maybe... I like my hotel chain, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron3600 View Post
Agreed. Waiting till I see in person but the non RS taillights and even headlights look pretty good. Could make a potential future 1LE purchase a little cheaper
I've always maintained that base headlights (non Xenon) helped make the car more "racey" looking...especially when paired with the exterior pieces from the 1LE. I feel the same about the new '14s...not to mention there's a slight weight savings there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudgemeister View Post
Great pictures. Thanks for posting them. Does anyone here like the new tail lights? Personally, I don't think I care for them. They look a little too much like Dodge tail lights.
Wait to pass judgement until you see them...at first, I was very nervous looking at nothing but pictures...then I had an opportunity to walk up on stage - and fell in love all over again.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #87
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,583
so Dragoneye...

do you wish you'd waited?
all them years, you had such a hard-on for sticking it out for a Z/28 but then *settled* for a ZL1
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.