Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #18
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,822
Oh, and to the OP...sorry not trying to jack your thread.

I have to agree that adding LT headers is really all you need to get the most out of the IPF SC system. You'll be making incredible power...and it would be easier to have them installed before or during the SC install.

Otherwise, if you want to get the most out of that power, proper suspension should be your next focus, and if you take her to the 1/4 mile track, you'll want some good sticky tires. Preferable a DR on a lighter 18" or smaller riim will get you the best traction by far! This would likely have the added benefit of similating a lower gear ratio as well.

Good luck on your awesome purchase!
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #19
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Oh, and to the OP...sorry not trying to jack your thread.

I have to agree that adding LT headers is really all you need to get the most out of the IPF SC system. You'll be making incredible power...and it would be easier to have them installed before or during the SC install.

Otherwise, if you want to get the most out of that power, proper suspension should be your next focus, and if you take her to the 1/4 mile track, you'll want some good sticky tires. Preferable a DR on a lighter 18" or smaller riim will get you the best traction by far! This would likely have the added benefit of similating a lower gear ratio as well.

Good luck on your awesome purchase!
This right here is what I'd recommend as well. The LT headers would probably be something you could do while installing it but by no means should it stop you from getting it installed if you cant swing the funds for them. Whose doing the install?

Overall, have fun with your purchase!
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #20
Vader2011v6

 
Vader2011v6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,235
I got a full exhaust and I actually installed my long tubes a week before I installed my Ipf kit. I think that's sufficient for the install because of the tune.Everything else can be installed later.if you plan to install high flow cats make sure you get a good set.
Vader2011v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
habunow1
 
habunow1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Beaufort SC
Posts: 450
I going to order the BBK long tube headers and HF cat this week and install them before the IPF is installed by Matt and the guys at FSP in Flordia. Suspension and brakes will be done as soon as the wife (financer) frees up funds after the install.

So after reading all the above post is there a better catch can which can be used with the IPF system or way to set it up to help insure the motor is not damaged. Maybe a scheduled maintance program other than regular oil changes that I can do to prevent any problems.

Wife not happy about me voiding the extended warrarty we have when it installed and the last thing I want to hear is her tell me I told you so. I need to be sure that I do all I can to prevent any problems that I can.

Again thanks for the input and it is giving me exactly what im looking for because this will be my first SC.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
I going to order the BBK long tube headers and HF cat this week and install them before the IPF is installed by Matt and the guys at FSP in Flordia. Suspension and brakes will be done as soon as the wife (financer) frees up funds after the install.

So after reading all the above post is there a better catch can which can be used with the IPF system or way to set it up to help insure the motor is not damaged. Maybe a scheduled maintance program other than regular oil changes that I can do to prevent any problems.

Wife not happy about me voiding the extended warrarty we have when it installed and the last thing I want to hear is her tell me I told you so. I need to be sure that I do all I can to prevent any problems that I can.

Again thanks for the input and it is giving me exactly what im looking for because this will be my first SC.
Don't get us wrong. You can do the headers later. its just that you will need a re-tune when you do so, which will cost you additional time and money.

As for whether or not IPFs ventalation design actually does damage the motor over time or not has not actually been proven. I think you really should contact IPF directly about this question instead of getting feedback from this forum which may or may not be feeding you accurate information.

So are you getting IPF's extended warranty, or is it a GM extended warranty? If it is IPFs warranty, then you should be covered for a good while, but they may not want you to run a compeititors catch can, which could void their warranty, and again, is something to ask IPF directly.

Excited for you. Good luck!
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #23
habunow1
 
habunow1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Beaufort SC
Posts: 450
Matt thanks for posting and I will PM you when I get close to paying off the SC to set up install. Now get back to work and make those other car owners happy with your great work. I know that the IPF SC is a quality product and I will get with Jesse and talk to him about any warranty they may offer in addition to the extended warranty I purchased from the Dealer.

I also did not want this to get into a arguements and would hope if there is a difference of opinions everyone could be respectful of each others thoughts and beliefs in what is the correct way to setup a motor. Thank to everyone for the input which gives me much to think about and research just making me a better carmaro owner.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
Matt thanks for posting and I will PM you when I get close to paying off the SC to set up install. Now get back to work and make those other car owners happy with your great work. I know that the IPF SC is a quality product and I will get with Jesse and talk to him about any warranty they may offer in addition to the extended warranty I purchased from the Dealer.

I also did not want this to get into a arguements and would hope if there is a difference of opinions everyone could be respectful of each others thoughts and beliefs in what is the correct way to setup a motor. Thank to everyone for the input which gives me much to think about and research just making me a better carmaro owner.
Just saw that Matt is doing your install! I would honestly just talk to him about any concerns or upgrades you're thinking of doing. Matt is one of the best at what he does. There is no way I think Matt will ever lead you astray! Do what he recommends and enjoy the new found power!
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #25
habunow1
 
habunow1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Beaufort SC
Posts: 450
I wish he was doing my install I still have to finish paying for it and cant wait but the wife has me on a budget on my mods. Hopefully Matt will be doing it in a few months and have no doubt in the abilities of the crew a FSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Just saw that Matt is doing your install! I would honestly just talk to him about any concerns or upgrades you're thinking of doing. Matt is one of the best at what he does. There is no way I think Matt will ever lead you astray! Do what he recommends and enjoy the new found power!
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
At least you know that once done paying for it, you'll have a kit that will provide some pretty good permagrin
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #27
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
... I know that the IPF SC is a quality product and I will get with Jesse and talk to him about any warranty they may offer in addition to the extended warranty I purchased from the Dealer.

...
I highly doubt that GM will warranty any drivetrain failures you could have after the SC is installed. So this just my opinion, but after the SC goes on you may want to dump the GM extended warranty and just rely on the IPF warranty.

I'm not sure on this, but I thought if you canceled an extended warranty with GM early you could get money back? Anyone know?
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Yes, you get your money back. Uncle did it on his car. But if he has extended bumper to bumper, it might be nice to have for other "little" things. But for powertrain, I think your right that GM will not warranty any drivetrain failures.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #29
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
I going to order the BBK long tube headers and HF cat this week and install them before the IPF is installed by Matt and the guys at FSP in Flordia. Suspension and brakes will be done as soon as the wife (financer) frees up funds after the install.

So after reading all the above post is there a better catch can which can be used with the IPF system or way to set it up to help insure the motor is not damaged. Maybe a scheduled maintance program other than regular oil changes that I can do to prevent any problems.

Wife not happy about me voiding the extended warrarty we have when it installed and the last thing I want to hear is her tell me I told you so. I need to be sure that I do all I can to prevent any problems that I can.

Again thanks for the input and it is giving me exactly what im looking for because this will be my first SC.
Cancel your extended warranty... you should get a prorated refund...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
ASH@IPF-TUNING
 
ASH@IPF-TUNING's Avatar
 
Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 136
Hello everybody !

i was reading between the line the explanations about clean evap side and dirty evap side and ist not allowed to mix them .... what a story!

every valve cover has an evap Connection to the intake to get rid of the crankcase exhaust gases .. when you boost the engine you MUST do the following changes :

1) Checkvalve to Keep boost out of the break Booster
2) Close all unused intake evap connectors
3) Checkvalve to the TANK EVAP System to Keep boost out of the Tank
4) all valve cover connectors must be collected into a collector pot
5) to expand the inner surface you can put steel wool inside the collector pot
6) the collector pot must be connected to the intake System before the SC

Normally you dont see much oil in the collector pot .... if YES .. then you have way tooo much crankcase pressure .. caused by too much boost ... too lean afr ... too much ignition advance with knocking ... !

greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #31
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH@IPF-TUNING View Post
Hello everybody !

i was reading between the line the explanations about clean evap side and dirty evap side and ist not allowed to mix them .... what a story!

every valve cover has an evap Connection to the intake to get rid of the crankcase exhaust gases .. when you boost the engine you MUST do the following changes :

1) Checkvalve to Keep boost out of the break Booster
2) Close all unused intake evap connectors
3) Checkvalve to the TANK EVAP System to Keep boost out of the Tank
4) all valve cover connectors must be collected into a collector pot
5) to expand the inner surface you can put steel wool inside the collector pot
6) the collector pot must be connected to the intake System before the SC

Normally you dont see much oil in the collector pot .... if YES .. then you have way tooo much crankcase pressure .. caused by too much boost ... too lean afr ... too much ignition advance with knocking ... !

greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
Thanks Arno!
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #32
habunow1
 
habunow1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Beaufort SC
Posts: 450
Ok I just got back from my daughters track meet and see all of this ( did not read it all yet ) but if there is bad blood between the two of yall keep it to yourselfs or start your own thread to call each other names. I will read all and will research everything and will insure the setup wont do any harm because of it being my DD and dont want to hear the bitching (I hate people bitching) from the wife.

I do appricate all the input and will give me alot of thing to look into. I know when you SC a engine it does put extra wear on the motor and Im ok with that. Just want to make sure I do all I can not put unnessary problems on it.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #33
Tran
Administrator
 
Tran's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE baby
Posts: 5,229
Thread cleaned up. Infractions and bans resulted.

I remind ALL sponsors to discuss only your own company, products, and services. Failing to do so is subject to infractions/suspension.
__________________
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #34
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 825
what i miss??
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.